Workshop

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by awdcafc, Sep 8, 2021.

1. awdcafc

awdcafc New Member

Why is there no Workshop in TSW 2. Would be great look want it did to TS made the game 100% better, think would the community could do for TSW 2. Or is there a reason why it is not in the game.

2. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Because of platform parity between consoles and PC. Also Epic offers no workshop like Steam so I dont see that in any ways. Also I remember DTG saying that livery and scenario sharing is not (officially) possible due to licensing.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yes, a long and very detailed reason, but in short, i) it's not so simple with the Unreal engine and ii) the console playerbase can't even share liveries at this point, so they'd have no hope of sharing other creations. DTG are working with a number of third parties though - Rivet, Skyhook, TSG all creating new content.

4. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

iirc, DTG can't share a full editor without sharing parts of UE that they aren't allowed to share.
    They built half an editor and showed it but then realised that they'd need to backtrack. So, instead we have the scenario editor, and there is a new version of that planned I think (check the Roadmap).

5. awdcafc

awdcafc New Member

I know now why, my question is why we cant do workshop why is there hardly any AI traffic on most of the routes and no way to extend then or new routes created by the Community. unless DTG do later which i dont think they will do.

6. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Because there is no public editor. Simple answer. And I dont know what you see as much AI traffic but well, the amount of AI traffic depends on a lot of routes on the amount of DLC you own. And tbh, there is a lot of routes with a lot of traffic.

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

lf you’re new to game the German routes get busier based on the more routes and locos you buy. Some layer on top of each other to go you more traffic etc. It’s a bit costly when you first start out.

US routes are mainly independent (boston has reasonable traffic)

uk route you could almost argue they’re standalone with exception of some dlc locos that will layer in

8. awdcafc

awdcafc New Member

Thank you all for your reply, understand it a bit more now, once again thanks for your replies.