PlayStation Sehs Working But Showing As 24.99 In Store

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Following the advice from DTG I have been able to download SEHS on ps4 using the work around. However it still shows as 24.99 on ps store. When will this be rectified?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. I do not know who will solve this problem. Sony or DTG? It's definitely annoying.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They've said they're still trying to sort out a few glitches, but if you can download the DLC from your library and use it ok in the game, is it really that big of a problem? I get that it would be nice to have it correctly showing that you owned it, but if it's a minor display issue that doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest, there are surely more pressing issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Have you downloaded it an it is working or have you downloaded it but it's not working?

5. Skyz2020

Downloaded and working + done database rebuild and restore license. Area of concern in time this will be forgotten and records lost. However I have noted my Sony transaction ID incase of this. However I (and others) would like this rectified medium term (months not years).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Skyz2020

Yes kind of agree Factor, other bigger things such as pixelated liveries etc, see how we go, kind of pondering the on sale IoW at present but would like it at 9.99 or lower as many have said it is very short (shorter than WSR I believe?)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Skyz2020

PS like your voyager pic btw, would like to be able to drive one on Cornwall route one day...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

I was looking at that, but still dubious about Rivet and it's quite short with only one train, plus if I'm going to pay a tenner for a route (which is about the sale price I'd normally consider them), then I'm wondering if I should just pick up the Rush Hour pass instead...

Pixellated livery issue has a fix in testing (asked on the Roadmap stream) so hopefully that will be rolled out soon.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Skyz2020

Yes if the season pass goes to £20 - £24 range would have a think... maybe xmas sale I'm guessing ...

10. ARuscoe

Then it's a sony issue. Contact their support

11. Skyz2020

Done both DTG and Sony. Very minor, let's see what happens

12. Richard CZE

The problem was caused by DTG. I want to have my purchased licenses in order. If I are showing the price in the PSN store is something wrong. Everyone who put their money into these licenses is a big problem. This is my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ARuscoe

Proof of this please
    How do you know the problem wasn't caused by the PS Store and how it's handled the split between PS4 and PS5 DLC and the ownership of licenses across platforms?

14. Skyz2020

Nothing back from Sony yet... however they do have 48 hours...

15. Richard CZE

The problem is with the DTG product. So I ask DTG how to solve this problem, or is this problem solved? I am a customer and I paid for DTG licenses. I do not care where this problem arose as an end customer. I'm glad everything has been solved and this is the last problem I need to solve.

16. ARuscoe

No it's not. The problem is that the store is showing an incorrect representation of the licensing state. Whether that's being caused by a DTG issue or a store issue is as yet unclear, but when people make assertions such as "It's DTG's fault!" they should be aware that other people might actually believe them, so knowing the truth should occur BEFORE making such statements

• Like Like x 2
  17. Richard CZE

Who has the license sold? Who is responsible for quality?

18. ARuscoe

The playstation store sold the license. They're the ones undertaking the transactions
    Who is responsible for quality at what point?
    These are not simple concepts you're asking about

19. Richard CZE

The PS store only supplied some data supplied by DTG. Like when a courier brought me goods. The manufacturer is responsible for the contents of the package, not the one who brought the package. Are you saying that Sony is responsible for the wrong content? I have had a PlayStation for 8 years. This mistake never happened until now.

20. ARuscoe

What's the data got to do with it?
    You're talking about the playstation store showing you a price rather than "you own this". That's nothing to do with what data was supplied to you and all about how the PS store is handling the licensing (or "wrong content")

And in your analogy, if you bought a DTG product on CD from Amazon and it was shipped by UPS:
    DTG would be responsible for the contents of the CD case, but not the condition of the case or it's location once it had been handled by Amazon
    Amazon would be responsible for the contents of the shipping box, but not the condition of the box or it's location once it had been handled by UPS. It also wouldn't have responsibility for the contents of the CD case, which would be sealed
    UPS would be responsible for the condition and location of the shipping box, but not what's within it.

So in a way the manufacturer is responsible for the "ultimate contents", but has little responsibility for anything thereafter, ie DTG make sure the software works, but PS store should make sure the links point to the right DLC, that the licensing scripts work etc etc

21. Richard CZE

But the update didn't work and damaged the licenses. Before the big update, everything was fine. After a major update, the licenses are damaged. The PS store does not show them as purchased. No other game has this problem. The other games in my collection are fine. I and the founders of this thread are interested in me, is this last problem solved? And who solves it? Of course, they also contact Sony support.

22. ARuscoe

Again, too simplistic.
    I'm not going back and forth further as you don't seem interested in what actually happened.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Richard CZE

Exactly opposite. I'd love to read your opinion. It's a discussion. Opinions Exchange. This is where this forum comes from.

24. ARuscoe

"I and the founders of this thread are interested in me". That doesn't sound like you want a discussion, and just about everythign I have said you have countered with the equivalent of "but DTG..."

25. Skyz2020

Thank you everyone for the discussion here. Getting a bit heated now so will ask protag/natster/JD to close up as and when they see this. 24.99 is annoying but I am sure between Sony and DTG it will be resolved in medium term. I am currently more concerned that the 08 is broken in Livery designer and is creating red signals in the dispatcher when spawned in custom livery. However I have asked TrainSim-Adam to look at this in another tech thread. All the best everyone

• Like Like x 1
  26. Factor41

Does it even need a discussion any more? They're looking into it. Yes, the price is displaying incorrectly in the store, but that doesn't make any difference because you have the DLC, it's installed fine, you can play it and you're probably not stupid enough to keep buying it again when you already know you have it. Bickering about who might be to blame when we don't fully know what the issue is seems pretty futile.

• Like Like x 2