Which Country You Use The Most In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Der Uni, Sep 8, 2021.

?

Which Country you use the most in TSW2?

Poll closed Dec 8, 2021.
  1. Canada

1.4%
  2. France

1.8%
  3. Germany

51.1%
  4. Swiss

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. United Kingdom

32.4%
  6. USA

8.7%
  7. Other...

4.6%
  1. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Hello together,

i want to start a small Poll where you can choose, which Routes (Country´s) you Play and Drive the Most in Train Sim World 2.
    Its only for interest...

Thanks for every Vote!!
    This Poll is active for only 3 months.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I only play the UK routes, any foreign ones don't take my fancy

• Like Like x 3
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I play DE and US routes equally, but could only choose one and there are more DE routes so I chose DE

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I used to play predominantly UK and US then I mastered PZB and SIFA and now the German routes are my go to

• Like Like x 4
  5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well shoot, I accidentally voted for the wrong country. I’ve probably played more services on UK routes, but I’ve gotten a lot more gameplay and enjoyment from American routes. Whenever I have the time, it’s seriously enjoyable to drive on the Peninsula Corridor and Sand Patch Grade. And since those routes take are 47 & 52 miles long, with 1-2 hour long services, the US is definitely my most played.

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Based on my Route levels over both TSW1/TSW2:

TSW1
    Rhein-Ruhr Osten (16)
    Great Western Express (15)
    Sand Patch Grade* (14)
    Northern Trans-Pennine (14)
    Peninsula Corridor (13)

TSW2
    Bakerloo (31)
    SEHS (25)
    Köln - Aachen (21)
    Munich-Augsberg (20)
    Clinchfield (16)

I've noticed route progression isn't 1:1 from TSW1 to TSW2 (ie levelling up routes in TSW2 is alot quicker); which is why I didnt combine them...but as you can clearly see most of my playtime is over the German & UK routes.

* I don't think I would have sunk as much time into the original SPG on TSW1 had it not been the only route available for at least 6-7mths until the release of GWE

7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

US by a long shot, Canada a distant 2nd. I've never touched any route from any other country on TSW2 (I did a bit of German and UK on TSW, but not much)

8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Tend to do all countries fairly equally, although US routes suffer a lack of love only due to not having time for the slower freight.

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I voted "Other..." just because I wonder what other countries I could possibly drive in :P

I drive all the countries (except Canada and France, which are routes I don't own because I'm not a huge fan of shunting (Oakville) and dedicated high-speed lines (Marseille-Avignon)). But I guess since there's fewer US routes, I drive US routes less often. Besides, most of the US routes take longer to drive end-to-end, and I don't always have the time for that.

• Like Like x 3
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

US Route TSW 2020 LIRR
    TSW 2 Sand Patch Grade

11. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

US, and UK routes, but to be honest, i really want some new country. US freight getting boring, i like the passenger ones though.. UK shows some diversity, but german routes are all the same experience for me. Some east europian, or even asian route would be nice. But anything in a new country is welcome. Ive got overly bored of the UK/US/DE combo.

• Like Like x 1
  12. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I go through phases based on the type of service I want to do, but it’s probably currently pretty equal

• Like Like x 1
  13. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

No option to vote for "I use everything equally"... I'm a Brit, but love the US and DE routes. Would like some new countries though, Japan with a Densha style introduction theme tune or Poland, with that awesome Mechanik music for example. Showing my age now

14. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

German first by a long way. But I also like some of the UK routes.

I’ve tried the US routes for both passengers and freight but just can’t get into them - probably as I know I will never see them in real life.

15. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It was actually fairly even in TSW2020 with the UK taking a bit of a lead. Since moving to TSW2, and then re-starting TSW2 on PS5, I've mostly been playing SEHS as it's one of the best routes that I didn't have previously (I've not really got into the three bundled routes that much), so that's skewed things very much toward the UK.

TSW2020 - TSW2020.png
    TSW2 PS4 - TSW2-PS4.png
    TSW2 PS5 - TSW2-PS5.png

16. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Normally play UK and freight routes. Dont really like German. However, since the update, I've spent time learning German routes now

17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I really choose what I drive based on the quality of the route, not where it is. I suspect if I totted up the hours the nod would go to North America, but that is really because I like freight, and I drive TVL and the BR 185 quite a bit; but I have spent a lot of time on Cathcart and HMA simply because they are so well realized.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I’m pretty evenly spread between UK/GER content. Usually mix in a bit of LGV when I want something different.

I have to be in the right mood for the US stuff since the long freight hauls require a lot of time investment. When I do play US, I usually go for the F7 on Clinchfield, love that loco :)

19. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

Germany.

German routes make me feel like I'm on holiday whereas the British routes make me feel like I'm going to work.
    Morley - Leeds ... This used to be 'next stop Hindle Valves and an 8 hour slog'...It never goes away :cool:

American routes make me want to go to work

20. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I do the UK only, as that's what I'm interested in, maybe eventually I'll try out some German stuff but for now, it's UK only for me

21. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It really depends on the time of the year and my general mood! In February, I only played German routes. Throughout spring, I fancied having a go at the British DLCs. In July, I mostly played American passenger routes. And now, I’m suddenly very interested in the German DLCs again ;D

22. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

In terms of most services/scenarios completed, Cathcart is top for me (no surprise, only Scottish route to date).

So, Scotland is where my vote goes.

England is a close second, however, ECW is a brilliant route.

When I get the season pass I suspect Germany, with Dresden, will catch up, however.

Please nobody kill me for seperating Scotland. It's called national pride ;)

23. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I am interested in all the released content. Only the future steam traction is not of interest! Germany, UK and USA are fantastic. Germany is more beautiful and fascinating, I spend more time with it. I would like new routes from other European countries - Austria, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium and the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Poland. I'm really looking forward to the new routes in Canada. But the desire to remaster the existing TS2021 routes in Germany, Great Britain and the United States is much stronger.

• Like Like x 1
  24. franco0707

franco0707 New Member

American and German, but sometimes I put American trains on UK routes.

25. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Mainly UK for me but I do own a lot of German content as I love playing with all safety systems on and there is plenty of content available.

NTP is my most played route as I was brought up in that era and love that route in real life, however the in-game route is in need of some major love and attention but that's a discussion for another thread.

26. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Germany, but only because that has the most content and the busiest routes.

If the UK content got the same focus as DE content I’d be playing that more.

27. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

To be fair, I am not supprise at all that lots of people picked Germany due to the amount of routes it has compare to the U.S. I orignally was going to pick Germany too (since I have all of them) but I decided to go with the U.S. instead.

28. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Routes and engines from Germany are my favorite, I like fast freight.

29. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm fairly catholic in my choice of routes. If I have a preference it would be for American/ Canadian freight. I also enjoy the older British routes, TVL and NTP. And the German routes are well modeled, if a little generic, with a sameness about the scenery, but the locos are fun to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  30. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

US and Germany, uk rolling stock bores me quite fast.

31. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I personally prefer UK routes but I did play a lot of the German routes before the PS5 upgrade (without LZB and PZB).
    I also did LIRR and PenCor a bit but on PenCor I didn't use the loco or cab car, only the MP36PH-3C. I didn't do much freight at all but will get into doing them at some point.

32. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

I’m fairly eclectic, but would be more interested to know which are the most popular routes.
    One’s who’s gameplay and graphics keep people going back to them.
    For example Sandpatch has a replay-ability which Oakville & Cane Creek lack.

(Just off to replay Sehs since I spent the day in London yesterday, but sadly no trainbow spotted.)

• Like Like x 1
  33. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Germany….. now the only reason for this as there are route layers etc. If the uk had more modern routes that layered with more locos that layered I’d snap them all up. The issue is the uk content is across so many decades nothing really connects

34. 5cip

5cip Active Member

most german routes because first of all they dont drive on the left side lol and i like usa too...at last the uk ones but i must say the uk routes are running smoother that other countrys but why ?

35. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Over time I drive the three main countries about equally and a bit of the single route countries too for good measure, of which LGV is my most used because it’s ace. At the moment the British content is taking a bit of a back seat but I know that will change when the next route comes out. Cathcart didn’t hold my attention for very long but I know I’ll go back to it soon as well. I like to drive a bit of everything so I flit between all the routes I have and that has grown to be a good number of routes now.

• Like Like x 1
  36. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

German content overall has a distinct advantage by having far more locos available per route making for a far more complete experience. So that is were I spend most of my time.

• Like Like x 1
  37. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I haven't selected a choice in your poll because what attracts me are switching/shunting jobs regardless of where they occur.