[mod] Db Br 112 Corrections - Updated

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheShotte, Sep 9, 2021.

1. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Update: The initial release had a small issue with the windows. For whatever reason, replacing the model also slightly borked said windows. I had to adjust both the Animation Blueprint and the Rail Vehicle View files to correct the issues. However, they are 100% now, functioning as well as the original.

DB BR112 Corrections
    [​IMG]

If the above picture is not displaying for you, use Picture 1

Changes:
    v 1.1
    • fixed windows -
      animation: all 4 windows were sliding into the train body, has been corrected by editing the Animation Blueprint file
      interaction hitbox: you had to hover mouse below blinds to show the "Window" control to open them, lowered them appropriately by editing the Rail Vehicle View file
    v 1.0
    • rescaled all lights to actually match (all 4 lower lights were different size)
    • rescaled center light to match side lights, made it centered, moved it down a bit and adjusted the angle on it to match the loco
    • moved left and right lights along with hooks closer to loco edge, moved hooks slightly closer to lights
    • scaled down the light rim on all lights
    • recessed all lights significantly
    • moved bar below window slightly downward
    • adjusted AO and Roughness maps to reflect the new positions
    • edited UV map to prevent stretching after moving lights (because of the holes in the main body for lights)

Download:
    Train Sim Community - (update awaiting approval)
    Rail-Sim.de

This model change is of course 100% compatible with the Livery Editor and custom skins. Opinions are always welcome. Recent times have been very trying for me, and if you would like to support me and my modding endeavors, please consider a symbolic donation.
    http://paypal.me/PJtotheK

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 28
  2. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

Nice, always love corrections. Question now is will the repaints work as normal?

3. TheShotte

There is no question.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I can't see the pictures.

5. TheShotte

I added links to a private webhost below the pictures. Click on the links if the main pictures don't load for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheShotte

Monder - You had a fit about the inaccuracies of this loco's model. What say you?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

This is wonderful! I did not know it was possible to alter locos this way with a mod. It looks way better than the DTG version. This was also my biggest gripe with the HHL dlc and once you have released this mod I might as well pick the route up on the next sale.

One could ask why DTG is not making it right in the first place, but I am just glad that there are people like you in the community who can fix these things.

• Like Like x 9
  8. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This... is... AMAZING!!!! Stellar work, man!

9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Super, thanks :)

10. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

why you no go dtg work

11. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Why can't DTG roll this mod out as an update across all platforms?

12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Having done this yourself, how difficult and time consuming was it? Can you understand why DTG decided not to do it?

Any chance this will become an official fix, IIRC they considered it with Londonmidland's skybox mod.

Stellar work TheShotte now we need DTG to fix the independent brake and suddenly HHL becomes a compelling purchase.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Just a little note - it seems from this picture the centre light is a bit too "far away" from the loco (for the lack of a better term).
    upload_2021-9-9_11-32-5.png
    Might be just the angle or lighting, but it looks like there's a little gap between the light and the loco.

14. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Is it also possible to fix the misplaced airhoses and electric cables underneath the locomotive?

15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Great work, TheShotte! If this was what the loco looked like in the official release, I‘d probably have bought Hamburg-Lübeck by now.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheShotte

That white bit you see on the light, that's a reflection, because the light ring is supposed to be metallic. Yea I know, it looks weird. I didn't move the lights at all as far as to/from loco, the only thing I can imagine is that the scaling simply affected it so I have to move it closer. I'll have a look though and make sure.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheShotte

Take pic of what you mean.

18. Victor4815

Victor4815 Member

Great work !

19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wouldn't blame you for moving it, but maybe it being smaller in all dimensions created a gap there. It's just a detail, the loco already looks absolutely superior to the original.

20. TheShotte

This is a shot of the default DB BR 112:
    [​IMG]

What you were seeing is light reflecting off that split in the middle of the lights. I checked, there is definitely no gap in the model (in the modded version I mean). Having said that, here is a DB BR 112:

[​IMG]

Now that image is a bit far, I have a few other ones from a slightly worse perspective (more towards the front), but those lights on the in-game loco look like they are WAY too far forward. Also, there is a weird split on them (that's also on the normal maps), and I can't see anything like that on the real thing, just a smooth casing (logically, why would there be a split in the middle of the casing, to let water in?).

• Like Like x 1
  21. TheShotte

Also, this is what I am working with:
    [​IMG]

The outer ring is essentially the outside edge of the front light, the inner ring is the back light... This is the default loco straight out of TSW.

22. mclitke

I mean as you have read here we all appreciate your efforts and honestly what you have shown already in your first pictures is by far enough to fix the overall look of the loco. Surely we could go on and on to find the last mm of inaccuracy in the placements of tiny parts, but that seems to me like way too much effort for the actual benefit from it.

• Like Like x 1
  23. TheShotte

Misaligned stuff like that just makes it harder to work with, nothing else, cause whenever in an orthographic view, you'll be looking at twice the components (vertices, faces, etc). Other than that, yeah, I understand about all the little tidbits, I'm just going for the stuff that's glaringly obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

Hi "TheShotte", great work you do!

This is what I mean about the cabels and airhoses.
    BR112_03.png BR112_02.png BR112_01.png
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  25. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Is the mod available and I'm too stupid to find a download link or is it just not released yet? Either way you're a saint, thanks a ton.

26. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well, you would have something like that probably on them, so they can be opened and the light changed. It's basically a door-like cover. But I think that it's so visible because of the lights being too far out. Normally it would be way closer to the locos body.

27. TheShotte

Released! Check original post above!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Excellent work as always! I might just consider purchasing HBL now; for the time being, I am preoccupied with BRD.

Cheers

29. TheShotte

Yeah, I wish I could get RH ticket...

30. fanta1682002

very good route i very like

31. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Hey, just tested it and it looks much better. But I've found a bug: It seems like when your mod is installed, the side windows are no longer openable. Just tested it by deactiating the mod and I could open them again. :)

32. fanta1682002

yes open windows not work

33. TheShotte

Nope. They work. Nothing was changed about the windows, which have a very WEIRD hitbox for the open/close actions. To get the "Window" prompt, you have to aim slightly below the blinds, and it will show up. This is like this on the default loco, just sloppy BP on DTG's behalf. Although perhaps I should investigate whether or not I could fix that hitbox inside the BP. Also, they open WAY too far down, but that's the animation, and I'm not trying to make a new one.

EDIT: Also, I would just like to say that after investigating this loco and it's state, I can clearly say it was never finished. Now, whether this is due to lack of talent or management pushing it out the door, is not for me to say. However, the quality of the work on the loco itself is lackluster, and I'm leaning more towards the former not the latter because the mesh itself is, dare I say, a bit sloppy.

Also, screenshot:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  34. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I have no idea about programming or 3D modeling. May I ask what leads you to this conclusion in layman‘s terms? It sounds like you found more than the well known inaccuracies. I‘m curious what sort of things one can learn from looking at the model with the appropriate knowledge :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. mclitke

Interesting. I mean there was evidence before that this loco was never really finished, seeing how there are numbered 143 parts visible inside the Loco, where enit even the effort was done to change such number plates. The floating cable underneath the Loco, the technical issues, of which some still apply now.

What I find weird is that they didn't do the high entry cars in order to have more time in the rest if the route, but where did that time actually go? The 112 is evidently a 143 copy, with butchered front and no love for details that actually distinguish this loco from the 143, and a mostly repaint only 182, and no new wagons. Even with your fix (and it is a shame that some skilled people from the community need to step in in order to fix the official content) I am not willing to pay more than 20 Euro for this route.
    Scenery and stations looked nice, so that is worth the price on a good sale I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  36. TheShotte

I do believe Matt openly admitted to the lack of talent when it comes to train artists, which I think is what the problem was. They simply didn't have enough people that know what they're doing in that department to complete the necessary work in the allotted time window.

• Like Like x 1
  37. TheShotte

Let me just show this again:
    upload_2021-9-10_13-16-37.png

Attached Files:

38. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Weird. For me I can't open the windows with the mod installed and also can't find the very sensitive clickspot. On the other hand whithout the mod installed it works as easy as ever.
    EDIT: Just tried the 112 again with the mod installed. The windows do still open, but compared to the without mod version the clickspots definitely are way smaller and more sensitive. Without the mod its really no big deal to open the windows whereas with the mod (for whatever reason) you really need to be extremely precise with the clickspot.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  39. fanta1682002

with the mod installed open windows very difficult

40. TheShotte

Gentlemen I am sorry. I just got home and was able to check the issue and you are right, something funky is going on with the window. I will further investigate now and see what I can come up with.

• Like Like x 4
  41. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Take your time, its not gamebreaking :)

42. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

great job TheShotte

• Like Like x 2
  43. TheShotte

Alright guys, my apologies about the windows. I updated both Rail-Sim and Train Sim Community, they are both awaiting approval as of now.

• Like Like x 4
  44. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Hey, after really enjoying your Br112 correction mod I wanted to ask if you may want to look into correcting another loco? I don't know if it falls into your department, but the Br182s both MRCE and DB have issues with the instrument lights. In the MRCE one the "instrument" lights only dim the LED indicators for PZB and so on, not the actual instrument gauges. Whereas in the DB Br182 it dims the instruments and the LED indicators at the same time which I'd say is not correct either. Since I've done a support ticket at dovetail very early after the release of Hamburg Lübeck and it isn't fixed as of yet I doubt its gonna happen. Maybe you could work your magic, maybe not.
    Sorry for going off topic in this post, but I can't find an option to contact you via private message.

45. TheShotte

Unfortunately that is a Blueprint issue, and we have very limited access to editing those, definitely don't have the access to fix a gigantic error like that.

46. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Ah man, thats too bad. Really disappointed in Dovetail that they can't get simple things like that right and then don't fix them. Even more so if it has worked beforehand... Thanks for your answer though, appreciate it