How Removing The Meißen And Dresden Flughafen Branches Is Going To Hurt Bahnstrecke Riesa-dresden

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CrazyDash, Jul 21, 2021.

1. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

I did really it, hence the reply!

And regarding time, if the conversation topic is still relevant there is no issue with an old post.

Either way, nevermind.

2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

The part of my original post "without a backlash" was the part you either missed or ignored when replying. It was proven (when these cuts were announced) that there would be a backlash.

Plus anyway, it isn't very relevant. The meißen branch is coming back, and I stopped being bothered ages ago. Still dissapointed but it didn't put me off (after a while).

3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I really like the Airport Route, hopefully it will also get added soon

4. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the airport branch aswell, but it seems unlikely.

DTG as a company in my mind aren't going to spend more (unpaid) time on this, and payable extensions aren't a thing, and might never become. DTG thus wouldn't be interested as a company in doing it I think.

That doesn't mean noone at DTG is interested in doing it. I think many of the devs would've loved to build it. However expecting from them that they're going to make it as a pet project (a contractor did a lot of work on NEC-BP before DTG picked it up, as many know) also seems quite unfair as they have a lot of workload already. What makes this worse is that Dresden-Flughafen is an underground station, requiring more work than a normal one. And after that work they'd stil not have a guarantee DTG is willing to put in the final bits of work needed to actually put their hard work in game.

So I'm not expecting it to ever come, I'm already happy with the Meißen branch being added :)

5. drnicktgm#1259

We'll see maybe Dovetail games has something planned that we don't know ;)

6. jolojonasgames

Perhaps, but if you expect nothing, you'll be happy either way ;)

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

S2 to Flughafen Dresden Klotzsche we might be able to complete that route provided Dresden Bodenbach (Decin) Line gets added because S2 destination is actually Pirna S1 is Meißen to Schöna some actually terminate at Bad Schandau

• Like Like x 2
  8. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

Matt, always LISTEN to the community about what they want. We NEED the Flughafen branch, otherwise we will be unhappy about the route, but not the Meissen Branch

• Like Like x 2
  9. drnicktgm#1259

Maybe the Airport branch will still be a thing in the future, because the track for the Airport branch is there, it only needs to get improved

• Like Like x 3
  10. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

If there are people in the community that know how to build routes, it might be easy to mod? But then I'm not one of those people

11. trainsimplayer

I think most people seem to be happy with Meißen, considering this topic has lost most traction. Plus, the airport would require all the baking for the tunnels and the station to be done, and unlike Meißen, most of the scenery isn't there. And also, Meißen only happened because of Ed and Lukas, who did it themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  12. drnicktgm#1259

There is only one tunnel, that is much shorter than all the tunnels in Rapit Transit

• Like Like x 1
  13. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

I think with the new lighting in TSW3 currently, the eye adaptation could be implemented in the Dresden Flughafen tunnel in a future update, which could re-add this branch line, but I know light baking is complex and a big problem.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. drnicktgm#1259

But the new effects are a great feature to the game and that's why a lot of people would appreciate that

15. akshay26

akshay26 Active Member

Appreciate what?

16. jolojonasgames

Look, I don't want to burst anyones bubble, but actually I do. I was one of the main advocates of the re-addition of the branches to Riesa-Dresden (as well as the last minute addition of the BR 363, which maybe was based on my community wishlist for the route). The later addition of the Meißen branch was a great surprise for the community, and a really good decision from DTG as it adds a whole other experience to the route. The airport branch was always the lesser of the two. I don't think it's worth re-baking the entire route and constructing the complicated tunnel at this point. The airport branch if probably never coming, and that's an okay compromise. Riesa-Dresden is still a great route without it. I would let this topic for what it is, although I really do understant why people would still want it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. drnicktgm#1259

The new lighting effects on recently released routes

• Like Like x 1
  18. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Maybe we will get it in a upgrade expansion for Dresden to Leipzig with more branch lines maybe time will tell

19. trainsimplayer

They don't do extensions/expansions for TSW. Been said a million times.

• Like Like x 1