First Impressions Of New Dresden Line

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pjwilson15, Sep 8, 2021.

1. pjwilson15

pjwilson15 Member

Hi everyone!
    Downloaded the new Dresden route at Midnight Aust time and had a little play.
    First Impressions are very good from my point of view. Beautiful detail in stations and scenery and gameplay worked well on the parts I played on my PS4.
    Morning rush crowds looked good.
    Have a great day and hope you are all well.

• Like Like x 10
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The Earth is spinning way too slow ... Good info! Greetings from Poland :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Another reason to be an Ozzie! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Just downloading it now in the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Well I can’t wait to play it tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Just completed my first service (BR 146 Dresden-Riesa). The route looks beautiful and the performance is very good, even on a standard PS4. I am a bit confused about the behavior of the loco during the run though. For example, after closing the doors and releasing the brakes, it sometimes wouldn’t apply power for 20-30 seconds. Everything seemed a bit delayed/unresponsive, which made accurate stops quite a challenge. Hoping this is a one-time issue.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Update: Doing a BR 146 service on MSB right now and the loco handles completely different! Only thing that feels roughly the same is the rapid acceleration - the brakes are unrecognizable. On Dresden-Riesa - as I had mentioned above - they are less responsive. The kilo Newton bar in the hud takes a few seconds to “catch up” with your inputs. This delay is not present on MSB. I hope this is an intended change to make the driving experience more realistic and not a bug!

• Like Like x 3
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Physics for most BRD trains (BR 143, BR 146, BR 442, BR 185) is changed :)
    PS some examples of new features >> link

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Did you change the loco variant? The 146.2 now has 2 variants, the one that has ‘DB’ in it’s name is the new one with the updated physics & sounds.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It just seems like the electric brake now takes longer to respond to inputs (which is probably more realistic, it certainly feels that way). The brake modes you mentioned did not seem to make a huge difference - at least they didn’t alter the responsiveness of the electric brake.

To clarify: I obviously mean the electric brake as part of the train brake (the default brake mode everyone uses). Applying the electric brake on its own obviously won’t get you stopped quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Just completed some service. I just need to say that at the moment it appear perfect. Signal and pzb works good. The scenary is wonderful. Audio (expetially for br146) it's very good now. Also the brakes physics are much accurated too. After some runs you start to say "why just until riesa.... why could it be longer?" it isa very pleasure tu drive. Also if they really add all or some branches + more freight (as they said), we have the best german route for the moment in game. Just misa an lzb area for ice and IC an than we can say "perfect!"

• Like Like x 3
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Route looks very promising, can’t wait to do more services tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Really looking forward to trying this route out! It will be nice to have longer runs with the IC.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Okay, so I started and got already to issues:

First run with 146 in Journey Mode:
    I got about 15 seconds set up time, including the time to load the passengers at Riesa... This is way not enough, because the 146 has to be set up (lights etc).

Second issue: the Destination Panel doesn't work on the 146. I can choose it on the panel inside, but as soon as I confirm it, it dissapears and won't be displayed on the 146. I got it working for the dostos I was pulling, but not for the 146. Any ideas?

• Like Like x 1
  15. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

The preparation time has been weird in Bakerloo Line, Hamburg Lübeck and NEC Boston. Don't know why they made it like this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Am honestly really impressed with this route after my first run on it. The scenery and details are really good. This might be my new favorite DB route. Good job DTG!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I'm just doing the Pieschen Predicament scenario, which is set in the evening with heavy rain, the night time lighting effects Matt was talking about in the stream are really good, it certainly ups the immersion level.Very impressed.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...just looked into the new route and I'm very satisfied with it. As far as I could see, all the historic sights of Dresden were implemented. What I like best is the view from the Elbe bridge to the historic "Semperoper", "Zwinger" and the rebuilt "Frauenkirche". I only miss some historic paddle steamer on the Elbe, but instead I found a golden donkey! ;)

With the expansion to Meißen and the integrated shunting trips, it could become one of the best German routes so far.

• Like Like x 3
  19. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Just played the intros and one scenario, but so far: brilliant. An absolute hive of activity, so many trains, this is exactly what I want every route to be like. I'd love to see Koeln or Duisburg or Wuppertal as busy as Dresden is here.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Have a great day too mate, I'm just finishing the download and I'm In ,,, its gonna be a good one :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

My goodness. Enjoying the route even though it’s very early days in terms time playing being super fresh.

choice of 10 locos looking at the timetables? Amazing!!! (Assuming DLC dependant)

love both the look and feel, map very hefty in size.

loads of parallel running with other loco making it feel very busy indeed, living up to the name rush hour for sure.

Actually can’t wait to get stuck in to the scenarios as they are well varied and look to involve being low priority services so lots of reds and waiting etc, excellent.

can’t help compare to the second most recent DLC in this country and Hamburg Lübeck is just pale in comparison.

lastly love the positivity from the OP :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Class395

Class395 Active Member

The route is quite good and I'm really enjoying it.
    However, what is this?
    upload_2021-9-9_11-46-16.png

Why are there two 146s instead of a Steuerwagen? Do they actually run like this?
    First RE50 service in Journey mode

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I'm literally sitting in riesa station at dawn watching the sunrise
    Wow amazing lighting, loving it and haven't even drove a train yet lol

• Like Like x 4
  24. Mac Mac

Mac Mac New Member

I’m not as lucky as you guys…First trip, first departure, first issue:
    In the cab car 766 You can’t reset SIFA with circle button, it’s PZB only

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have the same problem with TSW overall /o\ I am using the keyboard for German trains.

26. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I've seen it on youtube vids 146s top and tailing but I don't know from what routes in real life.

27. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

First things first, the route builders should definitely be really proud of themselves, it is a stunning route to look at, it has a decent amount of detail and some really nice bespoke assets particularly around Dresden.

Similar to Boston Sprinter, most of the activity is very focused on one end of the route (Dresden), and you'll see more traffic using the main line for regional services than the avoiding line for intercity/freight services.

Can't really review performance until I've played more, but of the 3 runs I have done I did encounter a game crash when approaching Dresden using the BR 101 (on PS4 Pro), so hopefully that was a one-off rather than something that is going to keep happening.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The route looks absolutely stunning. The lighting and night lighting excellent.

I’ve noticed a few stutters on PS5, but other than that, enjoying things so far.

• Like Like x 3
  29. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

Has anybody else issues with the trophy awarded for driving the BR 143 143 kilometres? In RSN there was a similar trophy which I already have and since there is only one DB Br 143 in the loco stats screen I assume they should share the kilometre count. I finished the tutorial and one service with the 143 but the trophy didn't pop.

30. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Happens in real life too. Many reasons possible, usually technical problem with the cab car.

found an example in Würzburg:

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Tutorial mileage and medals do not count in the stats.

• Like Like x 2
  32. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Thanks! I had never seen this setup before

• Like Like x 1
  33. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

We have cement trucks driving on roads which is a neat addition

• Like Like x 1
  34. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

I know. But the counter currently says 315,68 km and still no trophy. Just mentioned it to list what I already tried to possibly trigger the trophy.

35. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So after roughly six jours of Download (nice Internet in germany, yk?) I completed my first four runs: one ICE, one IC and two with the Br363. So far, the best german route we had! The lighting is stunning, the sounds are great and the traffic is amazing! The only thing I don’t like is, well the Oil plant: What happened here? The buildings are way to small, the doors are the size of a weel! Is that a bug or is that meant? Would appreciate to get some information on that hahahaha

• Like Like x 4
  36. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Love reading all the good news here. Unfortunately I'll probably only find time on Saturday to get my hands on it.

For those who have the season ticket: does the route download and install automatically, or do you still have to 'buy' it first?

37. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

You have to manually download it. The price will be listed as 0.00

38. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Route feels Very busy...Nice job DTG...also performance is BETTER than Boston...Nice job Again DTG....i Saw one flooting lamp post but this is minor.. havent played at night yet...but overall a NICE route we got...cant wait for the New branch...

Question...when New branch comes How the map in game that we find along stations going to look? Are they going to change or remain the same?

Cheers...

• Like Like x 3
  39. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I believe they’re just going to add the branch line to the map. Should be a simple texture swap.

On another note, I just watched a cab ride of the Dresden Flughafen branch that didn’t make it into the DLC today. I can completely understand why they chose the Meißen branch over this. Mostly just a ride through a forest with some slight curves, simple stations and no gradients. The only notable landmarks were the junction that leads to the airport terminus and the airport station itself. Nothing special, but maybe that would allow them to add it in the future. It really wouldn’t be that much work and the perfect task for some young developers who want to learn route building without pressure. We know that some elements of the branch lines are still in the files (otherwise, they wouldn’t be able to add the Meißen branch line after release). Nothing is impossible! But don’t get me wrong, I’m already very happy with the route we’re getting now.

Here’s a link to the cab ride if anyone is interested:

• Like Like x 5
  40. screamfan

screamfan Member

When I started the download on my ps5 and saw the size of 6go I said to myself this is the biggest DLC of Tsw2
    After playing it I clearly think that the quality has increased and that DTG is starting to adapt better and better to next gen consoles.
    Apart from the few stutters that happen from time to time this road is superb.
    Awesome night lighting and
    at each station a lot of passengers, some sitting some standing
    This is clearly the most successful road for the moment of Rush Hour Season.

• Like Like x 4
  41. adam.fisher6912

adam.fisher6912 Member

What a good route. Busy, lots of passengers and excellent night lighting (maybe a bit orange in places but so much better. Feels really immersive and busy now.
    Hats off to DTG.
    Am sure there are bugs but nothing that will spoil my fun. Well done everybody though I think all my spare time for the foreseeable future may just have disappeared. Am suitably impressed :))

• Like Like x 3
  42. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was wondering how this might work. I haven’t unlocked it on PS5 in RSN so wonder if it’ll pop for both routes at the same time. Shame DTG has effectively done the same trophy twice.

43. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I think they have done the same with the Tallent 2 trophy from RT and this.

• Like Like x 1
  44. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

It happens a lot of times in real life. It's not uncommon to see this kind of formation. The reasons are a lot and not just a problem with the cab car. Usually it happens when there isn't fixed formation for that service so you can modify it quckly with 3-4 or more coaches. Also this happen in long distance regional. Similar to IC2. 2 locos help to have a better performance for the train. Italy for exemple it is common to see a sandwich with 2 e464 (our br146 to be clear) expetially near a greater station like milan - rome or naples.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

I'm still struggling to unlock it. I've talked to someone who has already unlocked it (so the trophy doesn't seem to be broken which is good) they got it naturally while playing although not immediately. Maybe it's tied to the route as well. Hence I tried using the scenario editor to run the route up and down. I'm now on my 4th run, so well over 143 km, and still no trophy yet. Guess I'll have to try using a new profile. Still that's a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

My first impressions are quite positive. One thing I immediatly noticed though: Why do the cab cars run with headlights on in bright daylight? They should be using marker lights instead.

I was also happy to see a lot of 155s in scenarios. If we could only drive them ourselves now…

• Like Like x 1
  47. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Damn, I have to stop reading this forum. I didn't buy the Boston route due to bad reviews about performances on PS4 and the update debacle. I gave this route a chance because I've read these messages and because I like european routes. How can you say it runs smooth on PS4? Is 15-20 fps outside Dresden station acceptable? Damn, no. And it's full of stuttering. It's clear that PS4 is no longer supported. So, until I buy a PS5 (almost impossible now), I will stop buying new content.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  48. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Love the route. Excellent job done by DTG. Cannot wait for the next route.

• Like Like x 2
  49. Conrad

Conrad Member

I was in the same situation as you. I have found a PS5 and TSW is now much much (much, much......) better.

50. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Haven’t had the time to try this route yet. Question for those who have: with the revamped version of the 143 that comes with this route, is the passenger light switch finally working?