Need Help Badly Train Sim World 2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mallypuff, Sep 8, 2021.

1. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

I have started to do Welcome to Peninsula Corridor

I have started to do this and get as far as looking outside the train and then it says to press triangle to switch between camera/driver navigation modes. I have pressed the triangle button nothing happened tried it on another controller nothing happened how is this fixed on ps4

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

The triangle switches between camera and driver control in Classic mode so there's no noticeable change when you press it, other than icon switching; it's what you can control after which changes. Is it not letting you fly around the train after you switch modes (with L2/R2 controlling camera altitude rather than power/braking)?

I did this again recently and don't remember it being broken, but this route is currently being worked on by the preservation team so hopefully they'll let you do all of these things without swapping out of immersion control soon.

Edit: Ah, this might be a thing after all, have a look at this thread... https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/tutorial-camera-bug.32674/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  3. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

Yes i can fly around the train and move along the outside of the train but cannot get out of seat or anything else

4. Factor41

Just a thought, when you're back in inside view, try pressing R3 (right stick). This used to engage a sort of precision mode, but it feels like its behaviour is different recently and it stops the player moving around on foot. That might help?

5. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

When I go back to sitting inside the train I push r3 but all that does is take me back outside the train

6. Factor41

Ahh, it sounds like you're using the Immersion control scheme. The tutorials require you to be in Classic mode, which could be why some of the actions aren't registering. You can change this in the settings. It normally forces you back to Classic mode where it's required, but this may not be happening.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

Yes i am in immersion control its blacked out and wont let me change it at all any clues on how to change this in settings any help will be greatly appreciated

8. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing to classic control before starting the route?

9. mallypuff

mallypuff New Member

Any advice on how to do this I have tried but doesn't seem to work but maybe something I am doing

10. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Would be in settings - controls - and then either select classic or immersion controls

11. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

As above and I hope it helped you.

12. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

This was an issue in game when I upgraded from TSW to TSW2, however it was fixed by DTG.

I understand your frustration, you can't complete simple tutorials with this broken.

I believe it has recently appeared again with the change in controls, however I thought you could set "classic controls", and this should fix it.

13. kiryupilot#4851

kiryupilot#4851 New Member

During tutorials is where you were typically stuck with the classic control scheme. You can bypass the scheme when using the timetable and i believe scenaro modes.

14. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

I’m encountering exactly the same issue on the PS5. Once again I will write that I have completed this scenario on my PS4 (many moons ago) but (very annoyingly) I’m having to do it all over again because I am now playing on a PS5. I had no problem on the PS4 but do remember that the classic controller system was forced onto the scenario. This isn’t the case on the PS5 and I can’t find a way to switch controller mode via the PS5 game settings.

So, over the past week I have discovered CCL Around and Around scenario doesn't work, London Commuter Fast Lane scenario doesn’t work and now CalTrain Welcome to… scenario doesn’t work. I am really very frustrated with TSW2 on the PS5. I was expecting a fantastic experience when I switched up a generation of PlayStation console. I was planning on purchasing more routes and the new underground to extend my simulation experience but I’m not spending any more money on this stuff until I have confidence that I am actually a respected player and not part of the debugging team at Dovetail.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

DTG apparently read all these messages so…
    I have re-installed the PS5 version of TSW2 on my PS5 console and, as a consequence, lost all my action points, training tasks and scenario completions - thanks Dovetail !!! So it’s back to level zero for me !!!
    However, on a more positive note, the PS5 Fast Lane scenario now works… But it’s not actually the Fast Lane scenario. What was being presented to me as the Fast Lane scenario (the thing that didn’t work and subject of this thread) was in fact the “Slow Way Home” scenario.
    If this was any other product I’d be looking for compensation, telling people not to bother with it etc. But the truth is, this is a genuinely fantastic piece of software. I never would have believed I could spend so much time driving simulated trains, but I do. And I want TSW2 to be a massive success but... DTG you really have to get your act together! There is only so much your paying customers will tolerate. I’ve ditched this game several times but keep coming back to it. Not sure how many more cycles I can go through. DTG, please get your product testing and QA in order.