Nahverkehr Dresden Is Out On Pc

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by podinc, Sep 9, 2021.

1. podinc

podinc Member

as above. enjoy the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

So far so good, I'm particularly exited to give the 363 a go!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Downloading now. 6.1 Gb, in case anyone is reading this away from home.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with the BR146 not really releasing its brakes as it used to do? Mine gets stuck at 3 bar for a few seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

Man. This is like Christmas in September. Woot!!!

6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Yes. I reported the same “issue” in the PlayStation route discussion yesterday. Others advised me that this is an intended feature as most of the locos have been completely revamped (including more realistic brake systems). The “old” MSB 146 still has the more responsive (and presumably less realistic) brakes.

On another note - since a lot of you PC players probably have access to some sort of map boundary removal mod - can someone please visit and share these locations:
    - The yard and station to the left of Dresden Hauptbahnhof. For some reason, you aren’t able to spawn there on foot, and I don’t know if it’s included in any services/scenarios. The station is also on the very edge of the map, would be very interesting to see if any traces of it are actually there.
    - Meißen branch. We all know it’s coming! Wonder if any parts of it (for example the tracks) are already in the game right now.
    - Dresden Flughafen branch. This one isn’t arriving anytime soon, but I wonder if they ever really worked on it. Maybe something is waiting for us at the edge of the map?
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  7. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

A few observations: for Rail Driver users the speed control is the independent brake lever and the power control is the toggle switch in the lower right. It is a hog on my system which is an i9 9900 with nVidia GeoForce 3070. Have noted FPS 50 -70 v 90 - 120 on older routes like CRR as well as increaed stuttering. Running the BR 145 tutorial I got caught twice for over speed when the speed set did not hold the train to the set point. Realized that like other routes with speed control, do not run the throttle/power set to 100%. From my point as an American it seems to look good, though I can't compare it to the real thing. Initially, I used the Journey to move forward and it through me into a BR 145 without doing the tutorial first and try as I would, could not get it to start moving. Note to DTG: give the tutorial for a locomotive before putting someone into it to run a scenario.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Downloading for me looking forward to the route

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Could you point me to that topic? I would understand if the brakes would release slower, but I don't understand why it gets stuck at a specific treshold (in this case 3 bar), and then after a few seconds suddenly release pretty quickly.

10. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Is it normal the 143 slows down quite a bit while coasting? I'm currently going down a 0.5% grade, but while coasting (no throttle, no brakes) it slows down.

Additionally the 143 no longer seems to be able to fully achieve the speed selected, not even on a flat 0.0%. Is that realistic behaviour?

11. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Sure! Here you go, starts around comment #6:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/first-impressions-of-new-dresden-line.45164/

Someone also mentioned it in the Tech Reports section. Comment #7 here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nahverkehr-dresden-general-reports.45171/

12. podinc

podinc Member

br 185 has a electrical whine which is pretty irritating... in main spessart bahn no such whine on the electric locomotives.

Bugs found.
    S1 route w/ br143. spawn error

• Like Like x 1
  13. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

It was wrong before though. How long does it take to release the brakes from full service?