Other Nahverkehr Dresden General Reports

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by taylormade#6721, Sep 9, 2021.

1. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Here you can post technical issues with the newly released Nahverkehr Dresden. One I’ve encountered is an error when I paused the game. It came up with the same code when Boston Sprinter was released. It only happened once so it’s not a big deal. Probably on my end.

edit: be sure to include the platform you’re using as well.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  2. taylormade#6721

D9D98326-80E4-4598-A5A2-EBADA9161137.jpeg I didn’t think this was the locomotive I was going to be driving on this service. I was operating a 363 service from the chemical plant to Riesa. I passed a signal at danger and brought me to the game over screen. I chose to do the regional express service from Dresden to Leipzig via Riesa. This is probably a glitch because I ended up getting the 363 as the locomotive that was operating.

• Like Like x 6
  3. taylormade#6721

Happened twice now. Probably due to the release.

4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Wow, what service is this - and is it accessed via journey or directly in the timetable section?

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, that might probably have been the most interesting gameplay out there :D Not always do you get a shunter run throughout the whole route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i drove the scenario There and back again. we set off in the cabcar get to our destination and change ends into the BR 143 DB. i found the camera control in this engine is not working whichever way i tried it, it just does not work. the only way i could check on passenger getting on and off was to go and stand by the cab door

7. kosti.nuuja

kosti.nuuja Well-Known Member

The "new" BR 146.2 always struggles to depart, what makes very hard to keep timetable. Is it really supposed to work like this?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Haha that is amazing! Probably the only bug I’d love to experience myself.

One thing I noticed so far is the following: I did the Doppelstock Cab Car introduction as part of the journey. I then directly clicked on “continue journey” and did a Dresden-Leipzig service. That service however unexpectedly took place in the DB BR 146, even though I hadn’t experienced the BR 146 introduction yet. This wasn’t a problem for me as I’m familiar with these locos, but probably unintentional. After all, it probably doesn’t make sense to make new players do a service in a loco as part of the journey without first having them do the introduction/tutorial mission for that particular mission.

Maybe that first Dresden-Leipzig service is bugged. I’ve already seen posts about a double-146-formation, the shunter loco and now my experience with the 146. Loco selection seems to be bugged.

I’m on PS4 by the way.

Edit: Double 146 formation is comment #22 here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/first-impressions-of-new-dresden-line.45164/

• Like Like x 3
  9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

The brakes on the BR 146.2 are tuned to release only when there's 10kn of force applied - so put your throttle up more basically.

• Helpful Helpful x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  10. paragonium#6381

paragonium#6381 New Member

Hi. On a different subject, am I the only one getting 15 to 20 fps in the Coswig/Weinböhla area? It only happens in that area, because in other places I get solid 40 to 50 fps. I'm running the game with a GTX1050. I know it's a relic, but it's still a few levels over the minimum and recommended specs.

11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You can’t seem to reach 120 km/h in the BR 143 on Dresden. It seems to stop at around 112/113 km/h.

Also, when turning off the speed control and without applying the brakes (in the tutorial), the BR 143 seemed to be getting slowed by a braking force. This might be typical in the loco with the new physics, but it seems a bit odd - it doesn’t work like that on RSN/MSB etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bassman612

bassman612 Member

I noticed this too on the 143 tutorial. Then I realized the hand brake was applied. The tutorial is missing the step to tell you to release it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

Hi Matt there seems to be some issue with the Dresden route on PS4 game crash after playing it crashes randomly and the tsw2 icon has been replace by the tsw2 background on my PS4 Home Screen

Attached Files:

14. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I think (hope!) the icon replacement is intentional. Looks really good in my opinion!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

In Journey mode chapter 1, the first tutorial teaches you to drive the 766. The next service (RE50 Dresden - Leipzig), that I guess should make you use the 766 so you can practice what you just learned, chooses a random loco every time you start it but never a 766 (or at least not in any of my 6+ tries).

• Like Like x 3
  16. 1tommytrouble

1tommytrouble Member

PC - continues to crash whilst on the initial tutorial. Simar to my SEHS crashes.

Edit: crashes on anything

17. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

In the 146.2 the button to turn on/off the information boards does not work. The buttons for next/prev destination and auto-select destination seem to be fine.

18. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

DB BR 182 hasn't got any of the Riesa - Dresden destinations available.

19. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Game just crashed to desktop while playing the freight service Roderau - Dresden starting at 11:14. I was driving the MRCE 185.5.
    Can't tell exactly where I was, but I would say around 15-20Km from Dresden.

PS: Playing on PC - Steam.

20. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-9-9_18-33-38.png

TrainSim-Matt Please don't fix this, I want to continue pulling dostos with the 101, even though that's not realistic, it's fun!

21. mas.arsyarrahman

mas.arsyarrahman New Member

I have an issue with brd. So whenever i spawn at dresden, the game always get crashed. But it didn't happen at the other station. I have tried spawn at riesa, and it didn't crash. It says that GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 120.00 secs. Does anyone have a solution for my problem? I'm on steam btw

22. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I know what wrong
    The game picks the latest german train you driven on the route sometimes and make that train get used in the service

23. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

No. There seems to be two issues: one is with the AFB holding brake (too high threshold for release) and without AFB there also seems to be an issue with actual tractive effort not lining up with target TE when starting.

• Like Like x 2
  24. turnipgaming97

turnipgaming97 Member

It crashed for me when I was leave Dresden Hbf going past a stopped Freight Train and I'm playing on my Original Xbox One

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

PS4

I own the DB BR 101, so I got the IC services. There only seem to be northbound services but no southbound (maybe because they would in reality be driven from the IC cab car). Please include them again with the BR 101. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  26. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

18:14 RE50 Dresden Hbf - Riesa doesn't leave the station when AI given the green light for me, causing timetable woe later on. In this case the locomotive was the BR182. Train is just sat in the station not going anywhere. However... took control of the AI, the doors were then auto-opened for me - I then let the AI have control back of the trains, doors were shut and off it went!

For reference, I spawned on foot at Riesa at 17:40, drove the RE50 Riesa-Dresden service that turns up shortly afterward as a 6-car Talent 2, but got held up at permanent red light at Dresden Neustadt. Rode the S1 train into Dresden Hbf to try and locate the source of the issue and it's the aforementioned AI refusing to leave the station.

UPDATE: It's happened again at the first station stop. Root cause of the issue appears to be train not opening doors on arrival, which is blocking all the other instructions.

UPDATE 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Rode train further to Neustadt, at which time the same problem occurred - doors not opening on arrival. Additionally train lights are forced 'off' as soon as the train starts moving which is a bit creepy if it's nighttime. Will continue to experiment and see if it's the loco + Dostos combination causing grief.

UPDATE 3 WITH A VENGEANCE: After further testing, confirmed that the problem is caused by the AI BR182 being unable to open Dosto doors. Service ran perfectly with 146.2 or 143 but won't open doors with BR182 - you can hear a rapid set of clunking noises from the outside but the doors never open. I suspect the switch actuation in the cab is happening in the wrong order.

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

there seems to be something weird with some of the services, I've seen one RE50 with 363, got one with 182 myself and now this.

28. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Would the 146 2 be numbered 146 3?

29. HerrBag

HerrBag New Member

Video memory crash during 766 intro pulling into Dresden Mitte on Xbox one.

Came into it from 1st Journey

30. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

One thing I notice on the timetable is you have to change the livery for the DB BR 143 because the default (at least for me) is the older Ruhr Sieg-Nord version. On this one the brake key is not functional and no FIS. It doesn't help the labels show the same text.

Also the Dresden Commuter Xbox achievement is not making any progress for me despite already meeting the distance requirement with the DB BR 143. The distance achievement for the DB BR 442 automatically unlocked in SKA. It could be route specific distance but it is still not making progress in the achievement tracker. There was a DB BR 143 distance achievement in RSN also but you were limited to only using it in that route (or any loco worked).

• Like Like x 1
  31. mattwild55

PC - Q doesn't acknowledge the SIFA in the Dostos.

• Like Like x 2
  32. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

How can AI even drive the 182? I thought this was only available as a substitution when selected & driven by a player, and would not appear as a regular AI service.

33. mattwild55

All I can say is that the 182 did appear in my game of its own accord and caused the above issue. I was able to replicate it by spawning as a 182 on the same service then letting the AI take over before opening the doors at the start - it immediately gets stuck and isn't able to complete the rest of the tasks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

185.5 Panto is suddenly down and I can't lift it anymore,at least not the animation,incab everything looks fine,but when you look outside it stays on the roof,I tried to fix it by stopping,and resetting the loco,switching off battery etc,but still,pantograph does nothing animation wise.

35. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

The PIS on the 146 is very buggy, sometimes it will work sometimes it won't.

Also this 17bcbff5d8a-screenshotUrl.jpg

36. mattwild55

Talent 2 FIS destination selection screen - destinations don't change to white text when background of screen is changed to black with contrast button - therefore when using the screens in 'night' mode destinations don't appear properly as they are black text on black background.

• Like Like x 1
  37. taylormade#6721

Yeah exactly. Although it’s fun

38. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

The game just froze at km 66 8 right before Riesa. I was able to call the Taskmanager and it told me my system is low on memory!
    I monitor my system with SNMP so I looked up the graphs. Game ate up all my physical memory (24 GB), then the pagefile grew huge (42+ GB) until Volume C: was 99,9% full. It happened in the 1st run in the journey after tutorial :-\

39. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

In the opening montage for the Riesa-Dreseden, the immersion cameras do not work, you press R3 and literally nothing happens

I reported this as an issue for the Boston Sprinter so it seems like that still nothing has been fixed

40. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Xbox one
    For me this is another unplayable rush hour route but this time there's no way around it. Since first starting and playing the route from 18:30 to around 22:45 I've only completed one full line run from Dresden to Reisa. I cannot physically get anywhere near Dresden Hbf as everytime I pass Dresden Mitte the game crashes (ticket submitted).
    Also I tried to run the ICE3M from Dresden to Reisa, I didn't make it beyond the first or second signal as the game crashed, this happened twice. (ticket submitted).
    Also I'm not sure if it is part of the knowb PIS issue but PIS on the 146.2 isn't working how it should and when you change it in-cab it doesn't change it on the outside. Also why is the power button not available like it is on the MSB version?

• Like Like x 2
  41. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave New Member

The Dresden dlc is a bit stuttering on my PS4 more than anything else I have and I own all of it....another thing is the start up graphics have begun to be rather irratic again, this problem was evident when TSW2 upgraded prior to the Rush Hour release it seemed to have been fixed but seems to have returned with the preserved collection downloads....

• Like Like x 1
  42. taylormade#6721

What do you mean by the opening montage? The route introduction?

43. taylormade#6721

Tell em off for literally putting their lives on the line! Although this is rush hour so im not surprised

44. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Is there an issue with the releasing of the traction lock on the 143 & 146.2 ? Even after releasing the brake and ensuring the brake cylinder is at 0.0, I still cannot generate any power. Even in the 146.2 intro I have encountered this issue when it guides you through recovering from a simulated traction lock

The 185.5 may have the same issue but I haven't driven it yet

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  45. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Spawning on foot on the platform on DB 146, S1 Coswig-Dresden 07:03 am service.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

Out of memory error message pops up every time I get near Dresden Hbf, message pops up as soon as you pull into Dresden Mitte. Original Xbox One user here.

• Like Like x 3
  47. FluffyArmchairAdmiral

FluffyArmchairAdmiral New Member

BR442 High-Beam lights are super weak. You can't see anything in front of your train during the night. I'm not sure how they compare to reality but surely those feel like dimmed lights in other locomotives.

BR442 on High Beam
    TSW2_Latur_1631243943_00.png

BR146 on High Beam
    TSW2_Latur_1631244312_00.png

EDIT:
    ICE seems to suffer from the same issue. High-Beam lights are a bit weak and you can barely see anything in front of your train at night.
    TSW2_Latur_1631246619_00.png

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  48. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I noticed that the AI 146.2 when pushing trains don't have any pantographs up yet they have power.

The Br 143s use the wrong pantograph when pushing, this same bug in the HBL route with the 112s doing the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  49. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Same thing happen to me 9n Xbox1

50. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member