Dresden Timetable Mode Quick Report

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HaibaraHariko, Sep 9, 2021.

1. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

A quick report of the Timetable mode in Nahverkehr Dresden.

1. The PIS on the platform and destination boards on the IC coaches cannot show destinations outside of the map. Only "Riesa" and no "Köln" or "Berlin". Why? We already have things like "Ulm" or "Hastings" in other routes. And it will be fixed real quick. Thanks for the correction.

2. Of course no "Dresden" on ICE3M (as it's just a layer from SKA).

3. Somehow I can access the BR 101 without HRR installed now.

4. There's no IC services going towards Dresden. Cab car conspiracy? No conspiracy. Just the descriptions are wrong.

5. However there is "Köln" on BR 442 as it uses the new destination board system. Also you can only see the destinations when you use the white background of the screens. They are invisible if you use the dark one.

6. Quite a lot of "Go via" tasks in the MRCE BR 185.5 freight services (still point-to-point services but unlike other German routes where you just go).

Anyway the route looks pretty nice so far and I'll try more services when I can.

EDIT: Here's more.

7. The map in the Service Selection menu isn't showing correctly in some services now. Hopefully it will get fixed later.

8. BR 146.2 cannot show "Leipzig" somehow.

9. Obviously the BR 442 and the Dostos are updated ones without the glowing roof.

10. The line number like S1 or RE50 on the destination boards is a different part from the destination. It cannot be changed manually.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

-Missing PIS destinations: Temporary issue because these files were already being edited with the new Meißen branch info and thus couldn’t be fixed in time for release. Will likely be resolved when the branch comes out.
    -“Go via” tasks were implemented to give freight players more chances to earn action points. Working on a way to make these tasks less visible/annoying.

This is all info from the route preview and roadmap streams, hope I remembered everything correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HaibaraHariko

That's nice. The PIS in ECW didn't have correct destinations in the first stream either. Hope they can get this done quick.

It's interesting as there is no such tasks in most of the other routes (except SPG and OSD I guess). Once there were things like this in GWB but they removed it in an update and the medals got messed up.

4. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

From what I'm aware of:
    - I believe this is set to come with the Meißen update
    This is most likely because it is a Layer from SKA and not actually included in the route. It would most likely have received little to no changes.

5. HaibaraHariko

Yes. That's why I said it "of course" doesn't have one. I'll just go with Nicht Einsteigen.

6. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

I shall add this: on some journey S1 to Dresden, you get spawned on foot one station behind the train

• Like Like x 1
  7. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Found something here that quite sure was not intended... Oh No.jpg

8. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Please note that none of them is wearing pink clothing. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Just a quick suggestion: bugs reported here (afaik) only get transmitted to DTG if an employee or beta tester happen to read the thread. I really think you should make an official ticket with your findings :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. HaibaraHariko

I'm not urging them to do anything. Just want to share something I found with the new route.

11. cwf.green

Not sure where I implied that you did? :)
    My point was just that if you (or anyone else) finds an issue that you think is incorrect and should be fixed, you are better served with combining your thread with a ticket. You do as you wish, obviously.

12. HaibaraHariko

Thank you. I'm still doing my very first service now and so far nothing is wrong. If I find anything serious I'll report to them directly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Franck69

Franck69 Member

I think I've found another bug.
    Granted that I am not an expert in German signaling. I drive unaided and with PZB active. In the scenario called "" Difficult situation in Pieschen "", at a certain point I meet a yellow signal, I slow down, I expect a red and instead I find myself another yellow, single lamp, but immediately after the red. Although I was going slowly because I was about to stop, I let go of the brakes, as the way was clear, but at that point I could not stop and I passed the red. Now I ask:

1. Is this type of signaling normal?
    2. security system shouldn't the red 500 hz lamp on the dashboard of the loco come on?
    3 .the moment I passed the no-go signal (red) the writing shouldn't have come out, you passed in red, simulation finished?

14. cwf.green

I know that there are repeater signals on many parts of the route, perhaps this is what you saw. In that case it would be realistic to see a yellow (repeater) signal close to the main signal at danger and the correct action in this case would be to *not* release the brakes and prepare to stop very shortly.

EDIT: Afaik, for West German signals the repeater signals would lack the Ne2 sign below the signal lights (white box with a X inside) but I'm not sure what is the corresponding rules for DR signals.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Was it a stop and proceed (with PZB over ride) rather than a stop and wait?