Nahverkehr Dresden - Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Sep 9, 2021.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

For achievement/trophies hunters, completing the Dresden journey mode is a quick way to “Complete 10
    Journey Chapters”

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. annadess

annadess Member

Hi! Can anyone on Epic with the Rush Hour Season Ticket play it already? Doesn't seem to download anything for me yet, but there's an option to buy it separately from the in-game store, on the EGS add-on section it doesn't seem to be online yet though. Much appreciate the help!

4. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Epic should be live within the next hour or so (Epic tend to push it live manually around 15:00 UTC).

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  5. annadess

annadess Member

Good to know, thank you!

6. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

A very enjoyable route so far.
    Spotted some major issues with the OHLE at Coswig though, there are a lot of gaps in the wire, maybe than can be fixed along the release of the branch. Also Riesa has some weird messenger wires, that clip into the pantograph since they are mounted next to the contact wire and not above it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The QA team is a absolutely joke how they can’t see all this bugs

• Like Like x 4
  8. lordgoderic#1032

lordgoderic#1032 New Member

Still nothing on EPIC

9. kiwi#3153

kiwi#3153 New Member

Epic is live now

• Like Like x 1
  10. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Between Weinböla and Coswig is a PZB 500hz magnet missing

• Like Like x 1
  11. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

What an amazing job with lighting on this route, it seriously makes a huge difference in the enjoyment of this route, I really hope this tech will be used for other routes!

• Like Like x 2
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

QA's job has nothing to do with spotting missing catenary or wrong-color ballast. Their job is to ensure the game doesn't crash.

Cosmetic stuff is for the Beta testers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Just checked out the incomplete branch line to Dresden Airport that leaves the mainline near Dresden Neustadt. To my surprise, it’s been fully modeled, with signals, trees, houses and huts next to the tracks more than 1km away from the playable area! Starting to believe they really did a lot of work on these branch lines before they halted development, which would also explain why two developers is all it takes to complete the Meißen branch. I really hope we’ll get to access the airport branch in the future, too. So much wasted time & effort!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Has the Meißen branch been added yet? Can’t quite find it on the map.

15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

It will be added a few weeks after release, likely before London-Brighton.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

The track work should already be in place, just won't be opened up until the patch is released.

17. Rail Runner

Brilliant. Thanks :)

18. Cramnor

Approaching Radbeul Weintraube and Radebeul Ost from Coswig, there are more missing. I guess there will be more places where they are missing, it seems like on the S-Bahn tracks no signal has them. It could actually be intentional, could be like that in real life to speed up services, but that would be a very surprising "feature"

19. eire007

eire007 Active Member

THEY DONT CARE

• Like Like x 2
  20. Cramnor

Another thing, I am running the 08:45 RE50 to Dresden, and it is not sent over to the fast tracks behind Radebeul but is stuck behind a S-Bahn train. The trains from Dresden do that changeover correctly, but the ones to Dresden don't and stay on the S-Bahn tracks, which increases the service duration by about 10 minutes compared to the real life schedule :/

• Like Like x 1
  21. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Does anyone know what are the differences between the livery versions of BR 143 or BR 146? They seem more or less identical, except on 146 there is a different light configuration in the shed (but then I have not done much investigation yet).

By the way, after browsing through liveries, the locomotive browser displays incorrect images, unless this is a really special-special version of 185...
    (I experienced this error more than once, with different locos, but the menu works properly, it's only the picture in the browser, which is wrong).

Attached Files:

22. Joe.1

Joe.1 New Member

I haven’t been able to play any of the Timetable services on the 143 or the 146. It spawns me on foot in completely random places. I don’t get how stuff like this keeps getting missed. Boston was the same, thankfully rectified itself but it’s still frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Rail Runner

Found maybe a slight Departure board issue too. The station destination which are listed, are only to Riesa which is strange considering that other routes such as ECW have other destinations listed such as Hastings, Victoria etc. Not sure if this is a bug, but it would be nicer to see them actually displaying Köln, Frankfurt etc.

• Like Like x 3
  24. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Did all the layers make it into the older consoles i.e. the same as PC and Next Gen?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Known issue, will be fixed in an update.

26. kiwi#3153

kiwi#3153 New Member

Is it possible that the epic games receives the preservation routes at store?

27. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

While in timetable mode I've come cross a train that seems to be stuck. I'm driving the RE18 from Dresden to Cottbus starting from Dresden at 12:51. Approaching Priestewitz the RE50 in front of me is not moving from Priestewitz. The doors aren't open and according to the PIS it was due at 12:49. There is also a a train waiting on the Grossenhain branch.

Attached Files:

28. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Cramnor

On the display of the BR442, the clocks seem to not work. They update to the current time when I come to the cab from an external view, but they don't keep running when in the cab.

• Like Like x 1
  30. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Passed the first section of the travel. I liked the route very much. The quality of the environment is high. Nice and exciting. The variety and number of services is great. The external sounds 143 and 146.2 have changed again, when the external camera is turned on, there are no sounds of the locomotive equipment. Is this a new experiment?

31. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

Unfinished mess. Route looks nicely detailed, but the rest lacks refinement.

• Like Like x 2
  32. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Could you please mark the double locomotives in the selection menu so that you can see where they come from? For example one DB BR 146.2 (MSB) the second DB BR 146.2 (BRD).That would mean new Names for DB BR 143/146.2/185.5 and especially the Dostos, of which there are now five different ones

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  33. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

A big plus one from me on this.

There are also 2 Tallent 2s now. The DRA 3 car and SKA 4 car. List the 3 car as the VVO version?

And the Dostos, there are 2x 766.0s, a 766.2 and 767.2 but they are all under the 766 selection.

• Like Like x 2
  34. bobbobberdd

Why is the DB BR 182 from Rapid Transit only used for RE50 services? In real life, this locomotive was also used for S1 Services. image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  35. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Took ages to load Welcome scenario, then a lot of stuttering, FPS between 0 and 20 max. Walked to second point - route map - it didn't appear ! Then gave up. Tried training 143 and dosto, completed but very stuttery. All other routes - no problems. Why the poor performance on this route ? I'm on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  36. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I agree daveking8
    Lots of demanding drive performance - check your HDD light during game play.
    Do you have less than 16GB of RAM? I do, and so the swap file (virtual memory) is very active, hence the stuttering.

37. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Nowadays however this vehicle isn't used for either services. They were retired from S-Bahn and RE - Services in and around Dresden due to high stress on the bogies from the start-stop traffic :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. daveking8

daveking8 Member

I have 16GB of memory. I get no problems on any of the other routes, so there must be a problem with Dresden. My PC is now four years old, and I had it built especially for the launch of the original TSW. Not amused ....

• Like Like x 1
  39. breblimator

breblimator Guest

After the last pre-BRD-update my TSW install was corrupted and very low-fps. Loading times were terrible. Not for the first time :)
    My solution: delete this folder > C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Config

That will reset all your in-game settings!

For me, this always helps. Good luck \o/

40. bobbobberdd

I know that the 182 can no longer be found on the S1, but the same applies to the RE50 and DTG didn't care either

41. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, do you know where they are used now?

42. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is becoming quite an issue with all versions of trains being in the selection screen and not having a clue which one you are selecting. Matt was plunged into the wrong 143 on the live stream and had to select the other option to get the new one. This is especially important where the whole physics setup and functionality is different between the versions, as with this route’s locos.

• Like Like x 5
  43. TimoSGD

TimoSGD New Member

I hope so much that the branch to Dresden Airport will also be added soon. Then I'll buy the route because then it's perfect!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  44. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It made a little mess. That's true /o\

• Like Like x 1
  45. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

This could happen if the AI RE50 was a BR182 - for some reason at the moment the AI BR182s are incapable of opening passenger doors on the Dostos (I think the AI presses the buttons in the wrong order or is mixed up because of the auto-door opening function, and therefore get stuck because they can't complete the rest of the tasks. Thankfully they only appear to be eligible to haul six RE50 services over the whole day but it can easily gum up a whole timetable run as you've seen.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  46. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

I think they went back to service the RE1 in Berlin. Most of them were planned as placeholder in Dresden anyways until the arrival of the Talent 2 :)

On another note:

I have a minor problem with the naming of the control cars for Riesa - Dresden and any german route for that matter.
    The 766 and the 767.2 cars are both labeled as DABpbzfa where the A implies that they both have a first class compartment. But unlike the 767.2 the 766 doesn't have one. So instead it should be labeled as DBpbzfa 766.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  47. daveking8

daveking8 Member

Thanks for the tip.

48. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You might be waiting a while...

• Like Like x 4
  49. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

And timetable stuff since they would have been finished with the route I guess. (May be wrong)

50. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

The route is fantastic! Great job DTG. I have only one problem: if i press "B" on joystick of xbox one x when i'm on board of DB Br 146.2 with switched on PZB system, it only works for SIFA system and not for PZB acknowledge. Except this issue, the rest is amazing