The Dark Is Beautiful In New Dresden Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Tom19721997, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

I wanted quickly put this up to say please dtg in other new routes u do have a lighting and darkness like u have here this is perfect it feels most real I've felt in this game its amazing

• Like Like x 6
  2. CaptainSwing

CaptainSwing New Member

I normally stick to driving in the daytime but after seeing how this route looks at night, on the streams, I am hooked.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree, Ed and Lucas have done an execrations job

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The best route for lighting so far. Very impressive. DTG should consider asking the guys to do the other routes too. They are clearly very capable at what they do.

• Like Like x 5
  5. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Very impressive route and as said the night lighting is superb and good job indeed!

• Like Like x 1
  6. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more, the lighting on this route really makes it shine! I actually want to drive at night and it adds a lot to the experience as a whole. Really impressed and I really hope they continue to use this implementation in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Been running ICE’s and IC’s at night, with some Spotify in the background, it’s such a therapeutic, moody scene.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

Thanks to everyone that is commenting it's appreciated and hopefully will be looked at by dtg and show how much people are liking the new lighting and darknesss in dresden route

• Like Like x 1
  9. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Yes I have to say as well that the night lighting looks next level. It really is beautiful, from the stations and track to the way the cab interior is lit. (Xbox sound issue aside) The running, engine, brake sounds etc… of the trains are a pleasure to listen to as well. It's obvious that a lot of work has gone into this route. Congratulations all!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

The sky box lightning for night time has improved. Great stuff indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback. We are listening! We're really happy with how the lighting has come out in this route.

We'll pass this onto the team, and it'll be something we consider for future routes (London Commuter will not have this though, however).

• Like Like x 5
  12. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

DTG JD I can understand for the London Brighton route it will not have it I can imagine out of all routes yous have done it's been hardest to do but I'm glad happy to see a reply from one of yous on this thread I made i wanted to do this get attention to the amazing atmosphere of night driving it's great

13. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I know London Commuter wont have the full light effects introduced in BRD. However, it would be nice to not have dark buildings like on Boston. Highrise buildings in a city just don't look right without some lights on.

I agree that the updates to the time of day and lighting on Dresden is amazing and do hope following all the feedback this is a standard to improve nighttime gameplay in the future.

14. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It'd be accurate for London though, the amount of places that get bought up by rich folks and never lived in. The city has plenty towers in the most expensive areas that are pitch black all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I happened to be in London - late at night - back in June.

Whilst it was A) Westminister and B) I'd just come off the Jube at 00:15 (Ahh, the joys of international football...) at Westminster Tube Station- Not a soul to be found (except a couple who clearly had a few too many, but my story of that day isn't on this topic), and near enough all the buildings - except Big Ben and Westminister/Victoria Tube Stations, were literally pitch black.

Don't quite know how it is in the South of London or whatnot, but Westminster - especially the later it get - seems to just die.

(P.S. this was after "Freedom Day", and was a Friday night.)

TL;DR, it's not the busiest at night, from what I know.

• Like Like x 1