Route Denmark & Sweden: Helsingør - København H - Malmö

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by wgrn#6154, Sep 8, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, i'm very interested.

91.3%
  2. I could be interested.

8.7%
  3. No, i'm not interested.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wgrn#6154

wgrn#6154 Member

This line is heading from the city Helsingør with ferries to Helsingborg (Sweden). Beginning on a track southbound along the coast to Denmark's capital city Copenhagen. On a busy route underground sharing with many trains to the busy station København Høvedbanegård (Copenhagen Main Station). There the line goes eastbound to the airport of Copenhagen, Kastrup. Then the line will take a long tunnel to the island Peperholm and will take a double-deck bridge, with a car highway above. The bridge gives you a beautiful landscape as a passenger. Also, the bridge involves the border from Denmark to Sweden. In Sweden the line is between the cars, before at Hyllie station the line goes in a tunnel via Triangle Station to Malmö Centralstation.
    upload_2024-4-4_6-51-34.png
    It is an 87 kilometer (54 miles) route which will cost around 1½h per direction by the øresund train from start to end, when punctual.

The line has a 10-minute service, with a 3-car Litra-ET train, whereby the nose can retract when coupled; then you can walk through the entire length of the train. Also, a Swedish High-Speed Train (X2000) from the Statens Järnvägar can be driven.
    [​IMG]
    Litra ET (most important train on the route). According to Wikipedia (where the photos are from) it can drive 180km/h (112mp/h). That speed is not possible on this route, but with the scenario editor, the train can use this speed on another route.
    [​IMG]
    The doors at the front and back can be retracted to the wall, so you can walk through the entire trains, like the British trains.
    [​IMG]
    X2000 high speed train of the Statens Järnvägar.

If you want to see more about the trains and a bit of the route, please watch this video:

[​IMG]
    Track area of Helsingør station with a Coradia Lint41 and older IR4, inspirations of the Litra ET

[​IMG]
    Nivå

[​IMG]
    Hellerup Station

[​IMG]
    Litra SE (Suburban railway around Copenhagen), Litra ET and X2000 (SJ) at Osterport station. All of these can be designed in the route.
    [​IMG]
    Østerport station. A bit deserted, but important station, where trains from the main island and the rest of the Danis island Sjælland terminate and start.

[​IMG]
    The underground station Nørreport, for those who want a tunnel station in a route.

[​IMG]
    A platform overview of the main station of Copenhagen; København H.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A few minutes after the main station of Copenhagen there's a piece of green at Ørestad. Also a good few of the fully automated metro at the background above the train.

[​IMG]
    A beautiful station is the (sort of) underground station of Copenhagens Airport Kastrup. With a glass roof above it gives it a non-claustrophobic feeling.

[​IMG]
    Øresundbridge and Peperholm (border between Denmark and Sweden). On the bridge there's a voltage transition from the Danish 25kV 50Hz to the Swedish 15kV 16,67Hz system.

[​IMG]
    An overview of the railyard south of Hylllie station at Malmö.
    [​IMG]
    Platform overview of Malmö Hyllie.

[​IMG]
    A very modern decorated platform of Malmö Triangeln. The train on the right is the kind of Suburban train around Malmö, however, I don't expect it made for the route.

[​IMG]
    The final station for my suggestion is Malmö Centralstation. The trains heading to Denmark are departing and arriving on the underground tracks. Because the Øresund tracks are quite new, the platforms are very modern.

[​IMG]
    At last, an overview of the railway yard after Malmö Centralstation. Also, freight trains can drive on the øresundroute, between København H and Malmö C.

From Helsingør to Malmö you actually travel from historic to modern.

This is a very busy route with high frequency. And with a continued change to overground and underground tracks and stations, it doesn't bore. With the energy system change at the bridge, it also brings that challenge from the LGV route. For some it can give a metro feeling; other can feel the speed at the tunnel and bridge.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Picssssss?

3. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Making suggestions is fine and all, and perhaps this could be a great route, I don't know.
    But generally, on this forum, if you want a suggestion to gain any traction, you're gonna have to sell it, and one rule when doing that is to never expect anyone to just go google your route suggestion before they're already interested anyway.
    If you have videos, post them, if you know of pictures online, post them, as long as there's no personal information on it, no one's gonna care about copyright ownership on this forum if it's just pics, and perhaps have a map so we can visualize what your suggestion looks like. But people are only going to try and figure out more if they're already interested, and for that, we're gonna need more.

What do you like about this route?
    Why this route and not other routes?
    What does this route bring that others don't and that TSW2 is currently missing?
    Etc.

I'm just trying to help you here though :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. wgrn#6154

wgrn#6154 Member

Thanks for your suggestions. The first post has been changed and has just enough photos that the system doesn't refuse it. Hopefully it gives the feeling this route need to be developed at TSW2.

5. nicolas.magnussen

nicolas.magnussen New Member

As this is truly a nice route I'd like to point to some of my own pictures (mostly of the rolling stock, as that is what I have pictures of).

The Øresundståg, ET4602 at Copenhagen Central Station platform 1:
    [​IMG]
    The "nose" in this picture is deflated. This is done mostly when coupled, however a few of them drive around like this.

In the not too distant future the DSB Litra EB (Siemens Vectron) loco's will be driving on the route too, at least from Helsingør to Copenhagen as far as I'm aware. These will be operating Dosto (DABpfz) passenger wagons:
    [​IMG]
    IMG_20201208_151907.jpg

The route goes through some very beautiful parts of both Denmark and Sweden and I'd take a wild guess that both Swedish and Danish trainfans and TSW2 users would love to see this route. It has some fun challenges aswell, as there is a power change and a signalling system change when crossing the border. Most of the stations have beautiful architecture and the route goes over Øresundsbroen which has a beautiful view too.

Here are some other posts on the route:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...h-w-litra-et-vectron-x2000.40225/#post-311255

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...nhavn-h-kastrup-malmö-c-se.45113/#post-371220

• Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You might need to consider that the tutorial must cover on how to switch between 15kv 16 2/3 hz to 25kv 50hz. We do have 15kv routes however those are 16.7hz since October 1995 this route is the Un upgraded 15kv route

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

Would be a great route! Been dreaming of a Danish route for some time now (preferably North Jylland, but not fussy!)
    I’d quite like to have some freight on the route too, maybe an EG or DB 185/3?
    The IC3 or IR4 would be most welcome for me, as this is what I mostly remember growing up, and the DSB MR.

• Like Like x 1