2 New Amtrak Services

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by suprxm, Sep 10, 2021.

?
  1. Hiawatha Services

2. Piedmont Services

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. suprxm

suprxm New Member

Before I begin I would like to say that everyone is open to disagree with me if they provide an alternative to what I have stated, don't criticize if your option isn't better, anyways, let me begin.

1. Piedmont Service, (Greensboro - Charlotte)
    Operated by Amtrak and the North Carolina Department Of Transportation (NCDOT) the Piedmont service offers 2 trains, the Piedmont and the Carolinian, both of which are vital routes that connect the cities of North Carolina. I believe this would be the perfect route to add next as it has a good amount of stops and quite some length to it (about 85 miles).
    Motive Power and Rolling Stock:
    6 F59PHs (NCDOT colors)
    2 F59PHIs (NCDOT colors)
    Various P42DCs (Amtrak Colors)
    Various Refurbished Pullman Standard coaches
    Various Amfleet I coaches
    2. Hiawatha Service, (Milwaukee - Chicago)
    An absolutely necessary commuter rail service between two large cities, operated exclusively by Amtrak as the Hiawatha. This route is approximately 93 miles and takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to complete.
    Motive Power and Rolling Stock:
    Various SC-44 Chargers
    Various F40PH Cabbage Cars
    Various Horizon Fleet coaches

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion and let me know your thoughts below!

• Like Like x 2
  2. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Instead of Amtrak why not the Milwaukee Road. As the Milwaukee Road is owned by CN. DTG has permission from CN. Every asset is pretty much the same as the Cumberland railroad. All they have to do is add the passenger cars and add a new livery

3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

If thats the case, then you would never see the Milwaukee Road in game, as DTGs Canadian National licensing only covers Canadian National and nothing else, this was made apparent when G-Traxs Bessemer and Lake Erie route from TS1(Another CN owned subsidiary) was pulled from steam due to licensing issues.
    Qz1lYnt.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Ohh. Ok thanks