Dresden - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

But when it is missing running sound and wind sound at speeds it sounds terrible. If you can imagine sitting in the same room with your laundry machine running at full speed for an hour, that is how bad the sound actually is. For the record, this is how the BR182 (ÖBB 1116) actually sounds: Führerstandsmitfahrt Bruck a. d. Mur - Villach Hbf - Cab Ride [HD] - ÖBB 1116 - YouTube.

• Like Like x 3
  2. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

It's real similar to the HLE18, the handle of the engine room door should have 3 positions, up isolates sound middle is just closed but sound gets through more, and down is of course open, when you say true to life was the engine room handle up or middle?

3. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

Thanks for your concern and reply.
    But after watching the video link prvided by Tom89, I think the one in real life is better and not annoying.
    And I should mention that the audio of Br182 in TS2021 is much better than the one in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoying this route.
    The scenery designers did a very good job.

Loved the attention to tree trunks but your hedges need a bit more attention.
    At speed they appear artificial with a repetitive pattern.
    Also they mustn't get too carried away with the cement lorries like the abandoned tractors in earlier routes.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I thought this was actually in reference to the buzzing sound in the 185?

6. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

I would like to see in the new timetable some shunting services with the Dostos.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DTG Lukas

DTG Lukas Developer Staff Member

that is reality, not all signals have 500hz magnets. If the area behind the Main Signal is Long enough until the next danger point and the next signal block is longer then the short 1km ones, they don’t fit them with 500hz

So that is not a bug or missing

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Tom89

Tom89 New Member

Aha good to know, thanks;)

9. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I presume you are referring to the new/avoiding line? If so, that's prototypical.

10. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Matt said on stream that was part of the HL signals.

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

"Dresden Local Transit"

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

Anyone else having the issue where your brakes on the talent 2 literally won’t recharge after a pzb emergency brake? It means that you literally can’t complete a service because no one tested the safety systems

13. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Sorry for the repost, for already posted this under "Article Discussion" but it might be better of in here:

I have a minor problem with the naming of the control cars for Riesa - Dresden and any german route for that matter.
    The 766 and the 767.2 cars are both labeled as DABpbzfa where the A implies that they both have a first class compartment. But unlike the 767.2 the 766 doesn't have one. So instead it should be labeled as DBpbzfa 766.

14. Clumsy Pacer

this happens even if you put it in emergency brake yourself. Matt had this on the stream yesterday. Have you looked at the independent brake lever (on the right)?

15. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I'd tried google translate and found something similar. But, I wondered how that fitted in with the promotion of the route as featuring "commuters and international travellers converging to make a hustle and bustle mix of S-Bahn, regional, inter-city and freight traffic"?

It is great that it has that mix, and I think that's one of the attractive aspects of the route (along with the night lighting and the scenery, plus the Hl signalling). I'd just wondered why they'd chosen to call it Local Transit?

edit: Perhaps they mean "Transit of various scales, viewed from the locality of Dresden".

Thanks

16. Clumsy Pacer

Tbf this is the company that calls the Leipzig S-Bahn "Rapid Transit" and the Cathcart Circle Line "Scottish City Commuter" - I mean at least the name here mentions the fact it's in Dresden :D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Has anyone used the BR406?
    I was in full swing at the limit of 160 mh / h allowed, with PZB active, it suddenly went into emergency braking. How is it possible? I did not encounter any speed reduction signs or signs that were not free.
    Why does this happen?

18. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Possibly overspeed? I don't think PZB tolerates speeding and I hear German drivers usually set AFB to 155km/h when on 160km/h sections.

19. Franck69

Franck69 Member

Humm I don't know, I didn't notice if the speed was over 160 km / h.
    As soon as I try again I try to be careful and let you know

• Like Like x 1
  20. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Assuming PZB mode O, the maximum permitted speed before a Zwangsbetriebsbremsung (forced regular brake application) slows your vehicle down is 165 km/h. So that might not be it.
    Despite: Even when overspeeding, the PZB will not force you to a complete stop but will rather slow your vehicle down under the maximum speed of that PZB mode.

As an addition:
    While the brake settings on both the passenger and the freight waggons is an amazing feature, I couldn't help but notice that the Bremsabsperrhahn (main brake cutoff valve) on the side of the freight waggons is "the wrong way round". Meaning when the brake on that waggon is enabled the red Schlaufengriff ("noose-grip") lever end should point straight downwards, when disabled it should point to the side.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Has anyone had the breaks on the shunted keep coming on. I’m not sure if there is air/vacuum switch in the cab. Can anyone advise ? I feel like I’m dragging all the time

22. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

After a service to Riesa and a scenario, I'm pleasantly surprised by this route. I'm really glad for the updated physics and sounds of the included rolling stock, but I also really enjoyed all the details on stations and even the distant scenery seems believable. The top speed of this route is 160 km/h, but you actually mostly run around 120 km/h, which is just the right speed to get a feel of the surroundings. It's a great mix of urban and countryside. New assets were spotted, such as different buildings that contribute to authenticity of the route. Track isn't just a straight line (compared to Munchen to Augsburg route, for instance) but has considerable curvature in some places, making for some great railfan spots. The service I ran was set in autumn, and the route looks just gorgeous, a mix of green and yellow leafed trees add a stunning backdrop. The scenery in general gives a feeling of careful consideration which is a great plus. Stations are nicely populated with passengers and feature recognizable structures, like signalboxes.
    Overall, it's a very positive first impression! The addition of the Meissen branch gives great promise of this becoming one of the best german routes available.

• Like Like x 4
  23. _kuerbis

_kuerbis New Member

Did you put both brake levers to the "release position"? And did you check the manometer of the locos brake cylinders as well as the main air pipe to see if the brakes are actually applied?
    And since the great majority of german trains use air brakes I'm sure that there isn't a vacuum brake option in the cab.

24. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Don't know if this helps but This is a link to the DB website for Dresden services. The fourth option in German is "Nur Nahverkehr", if you translate the page to English this changes to "only local transport"
    DTG calling their route Nahverkehr Dresden kind of makes sense if you think all the services represented are local to that City (even if they go much further afield)

25. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

You forgot to add a timestamp/time-link on the video.

26. Clumsy Pacer

I thought I did. Oh well, it's about 56 minutes in.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Someone (Adam?) made the point on the stream that the route names are created by marketing people, not devs. I am sure a lot of people waiting in the freezing cold for a late arriving MBTA train would be amused by the term “Boston Sprinter”.

• Like Like x 3
  28. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Okay, the SIFA not working in the cab car is definitely a repeatable issue - but it only appears when you take over a train from AI. I tried a few times at Riesa, when I spawn in a few minutes before the train is due and then take it over the SIFA pedal is inoperable, neither with the keyboard or mouse or RailDriver. When you select the service from the main menu, it works fine.

Also the 146.2 seems to be somewhat broken. The brakes on it release very erratically. From what I got from the stream, they are supposed to release when you apply power, but they mostly just don't. So you sit there applying power, releasing it, applying again, releasing... It takes three of four tries at every station, during which I become increasingly late. I cannot see any method to this that makes it work reliably. Tried to apply full brake and release, tried to release before closing the doors, after closing the doors, most times the BC manometer just holds at ~2.1 and wouldn't release, no matter how long the power is applied, even though the notch number is white and power does apply. I drive with RailDriver so I thought at first it might be a controller bug, but if you watch Matt driving it on the streams he has the same issue, sitting there for an extra minute after closing the doors at each stop. Doesn't seem right. Also, it does not happen when you drive from the other end, with the cab car.
    Also, the 143 seems to sail past it's set AFB speed in quite an egregious manner. Is it supposed to be like that? I set the speed selector to 80 for example, it merrily accelerates and overshoots 80, gets to about 87-88 and applies dynamic braking to get itself down to the selected speed. Also seems wrong.

Other than those bugs, I'm having a lot of fun with the route, it is great. AI train traffic seems a bit light. But hopefully the upcoming update will improve on that.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Just wait for it to apply 10KN of power, and they'll just release automatically.

30. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

It's a bloody gorgeous route, it is. :love:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Combined with the soon-coming addition of the Meißen Branch and some more services, I think BRD has easily dethroned HMA as the definitive German route. I was very unenthusiastic before but now I am extremely impressed. Absolutely stellar work.

Cheers

• Like Like x 16
  31. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I noticed a timetable anomaly with a service. If I select the S1 service at 08:10 to Dresden from Coswick all is good. I like to spawn in early and pretend its a driver change over. If I spawn in at 0805 at Coswick the 08:10 service get stuck waiting to come off the Meiben branch. It finally arrives at about 08:17. I drove it late was great fun.

32. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am also delighted. I wasn't expecting something that good. As I finished my morning service in Röderau, I thought how much I would like these tracks not to end here :( So good.

Not a disadvantage, and maybe a feature - potato PC killer :D

• Like Like x 1
  33. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I found this issue meant even when 10KN is applied they don't. The cure is to put the brakes into 1b for a second or so and then release. If you release from another setting they don't always come off.

• Like Like x 1
  34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

10+ kN and hold the brake lever for a second in the Release position if needed. BR o7

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

So many posts, so apologies to anyone with similar feedback.

Am I the only one who thinks the new lighting is dreadful?
    I'm not talking about night driving - yeah, the glow, reflective signs, building lights, etc, is nice - this is all I seem to read about.

My issue is with daytime running.
    At 11am, everything is still worse than dawn - 6am? in that all bots look like black silhouettes.
    While driving, all trees/shrubbery is brown/dark, and as you approach, 50% of them turn green.
    NOTE: My experience is based on training and scenarios with the occasional timetable.

I feel like I'm driving in a zombie apocalypse world!
    ...and don't anyone suggest turning up the brightness, contrast or colour on my monitor!

• Like Like x 4
  36. Callum B.

I agree completely. It is dreadfully dark most of the time, making it very difficult to see sometimes. It seems like the ambient sky lighting has been turned down for this route, making everything appear more directly lit and with higher contrast. I think this was done to make the night lighting more appealing, but even noon on a hot June day appears too dark and contrasted. In autumn, the season that most of the Journey is presented in, 15:00 looks like dusk! One workaround is to turn up r.SkylightIntensityMultiplier above 1 in your Engine.ini, but that's not really a fix because it will make all your other routes look too bright.

Cheers

37. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Matt said the magnet locations have been checked and they're correct - if you've got something that shows otherwise share it via a ticket or here so they can see it.

38. paul.pavlinovich

Well we live in a zombie apocalypse world now so I suppose this just reflects reality on our zombie planet ;)

39. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Almost too true! :)

40. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

One thing that is really standing out to me about the "improved" BR 185.5 is a new sound from within the cab, it's like an almost high pitched buzzing noise with a very obnoxious sound loop- I only hear it when the pantograph is up. I don't know if this sound is intended, or not, but it's really annoying and I hope it gets removed.

• Like Like x 3
  41. paul.pavlinovich

I've just been driving the BR185.5 and weirdly don't hear this sound - all I hear is the sound of an electric locomotive. I don't know if you've ever been in a locomotive but even quiet well silenced ones are pretty loud, usually to the point that most people would wear hearing protection when operating in the cab.

42. Callum B.

It's definitely there and definitely unusual. I think the obviousness of its presence may vary by one's own sound system. On my 5.1 surround speakers, it comes through very clearly. On, say, some regular stereo desktop speakers, it may get washed out by the other frequencies. I'll see if I can get an external recording and report it.

Cheers

43. paul.pavlinovich

I run my sound out through a studio EQ and back in for my streaming (and my own listening enjoyment) - just to check I replaced it with a patch cable and still couldn't hear it. I wonder if its something to do with running it with your 5.1 - maybe you only hear it when using multiple channels beyond stereo - I'm using Sennheiser HD380 headphones and they're normally pretty faithful so I would expect to hear it. The other alternative is its there but it doesn't bug me so I don't notice it. Sound is such a subjective thing - everyone notices something different.

Paul

44. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

It actually isn't a loop and it has been present since TSW2 was released - it appears on all trains, but in some it is almost impossible to spot, while in others it is very noticeable. It actually happens when the game stutters while loading probably the next tile, it seems like the sound is tied to very big FPS changes that accompany this kind of stutter. The higher the pitch of the sound in the cab, the more noticeable it is. Lower frequency sounds seem to handle this sound bug a lot better. But the 185.5 buzzing is the perfect example of the sound that is like a showcase to this bug. Also, if you happen to sound a horn just as the stutter hapens, you also easily get this sound distortion.

Most importantly, this "sound tied to FPS" was not present on TSW 2020, so something fundamentally changed in TSW2. I spotted it immediately after trying TSW2 for the first time and it is still there to this day, hands down the most annoying thing in TSW2 for me. I wonder why it is not mentioned more here in the forums.

This sound comes exclusively from the back, so if you have a 2.1 sound system, but happen to have a sound set to 5.1, you won't hear it, unless you turn 180°. But the sound is definitely there and it is unique to 185.5, 146.2 does not have it while it still has a pretty loud in cab noise, so noise in general isn't a problem for me. While the buzzing can be realistic, I wouldn't mind it to be turned down a little in volume in game, to make it more bearable in quiet home conditions :) and also to lessen the effects of the bug I described above.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Callum B.

It must be a mixing thing because if you could hear it, it would most certainly bother you as well. Here is a quick video I recorded with my phone to demonstrate the noise. Hopefully this way it will be audible through your system.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  46. Mak87

Mak87 New Member

This is normal, look at this

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  47. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Isn't it just the normal converter sound?

48. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

I personally am a big fan of the lighting and want to see this replicated in future, and if possible, previous routes.

49. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

How are people posting screenshots of the Dresden route? I haven’t been able to upload screenshots since switching to the PS5 version. Upload fails every time. Mastery isn’t working either.

50. glenn.doig

glenn.doig Member

Whilst I’m really enjoying this route and Boston Sprinter overall, one think I can’t look past is the timetable. No train timetable in Germany or the UK or US is timed to the exact second. I really hope this isn’t also on the BML route as it really detracts from the realism for me. Trains in the UK (at least) are timed to 30 seconds. I believe the same principle applies in Germany too. Nothing is ever timed to arrive at a station at 09:37:23 (for example).

• Like Like x 7