PC Nahverkehr Dresden - Chemical Plant Zone

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by conniethunder, Sep 10, 2021.

1. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Hi all.
    Could someone please try the scenario "Chemical Plant Zone" but without using PZB or enabling AFB?

I had very weird 'forced' braking issues that I could not get rid of both on the blue and mrce locos that you get to drive.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bigbobpower

Bigbobpower New Member

I'm having the same exact problem on xbox one.

3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

It has something to do with the shunter on the back. I was using PZB and Sifa on the shunter before but did isolate them (isolate makes no difference to this issue). I also made sure the brake was in handle off position and master key off like the game instructed. On the way back to Riesa Yard (the last task of the scenario), every time the loco went past 60km, a considerable air brake application would be applied and then release a short time later. The game says 75km is the max speed with the 363 on the back and the start of the scenario has no issues. So I'm not sure why hitting 60km causes a brake application each time. I used shunt mode/long distance with the shunter before.

Also you cannot leave the shunter behind - the scenario will not finish without the correct formation. This is what I did first time and the brake applications didn't occur with the shunter left behind. Another issue is the 185 pantograph is not raised on the way back. You can raise it and close the MCB still but there is no animation of the pantograph. The 185 still gets traction thankfully.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  4. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

I think that the tow speed of the V60 is max 60km/h

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Then the scenario stating 75km is the max speed could be wrong (being pulled by a 185)? The start of the scenario no brake application happens even when past 75km (probably because you haven't 'activated' the shunter yet by using it).

On the return to Riesa, you will either get a brake application at 30km (gear selector on shunting) or 60 km (gear selector on long distance). You will hear the shunter air brake if you have the camera positioned on it as it reaches those speeds. So put it on long distance on the way back and keep the AFB on the 185 at 55km.

6. conniethunder

The reason I suggested playing with no PZB is because every time the train would stop (if not under max power), I could reset the brakes, re-apply power and then continue as normal for a few hundred meters.
    Then it would come to a grinding halt again (if not on power 10) as though a PZB magnet was triggering it. ??
    I ended up completing the scenario by just dragging the brakes while on full power :(
    The same happened during shunting duties with the 363.

7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It's also seems impossible to get a gold medal on this scenario. I did it perfectly and only managed to get 6630pts (gold is 7000). I have no idea where you are supposed to get that extra 370pts from

• Like Like x 1
  8. EntityNL

EntityNL New Member

Same here, just played through that scenario, wasn't perfect (just over 6500 score), but I'm sure I didn't miss 500 points somewhere...

9. Scarface

Scarface Active Member

Hi, did you check the brakes in the second cab of the BR 185? May be they were on? Had some issues as well...

10. conniethunder

No gold for me either :(

I'll retry and check those brakes.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  11. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

I even tried without AFB (only at the beginning before even starting the train, so the game let me past "wait for the brakes to release" step, then turned it off immediately), as someone here suggested, still only 6630 pts or so :/ ... I am more of a passenger guy, but this scenario could be challenging fun if not for this

also - when stopping at the chemical plant - dont fall for the game's trap of really uncoupling the loco first... in my game the rest of the train started gradually going down the hill, and even when I caught up, I couldnt get inside 363

so two possible solutions - 1. either right after uncoupling the 185 you RUN to the shunter and uncouple the wagons, which somehow causes both the cars and shunter to stop... still, make run for the 363 cab, and assume control of it

or

2. before even uncoupling 185, hop off it, then run towards 363, set it up, and charge the brakes, both the direct one and train one (into service application) (this will cause the brakes to take their time to release afterwards, but better than a runaway train, right? :D )... then hop off 363... go to 185, uncouple, return to 363 and proceed as the game says

12. conniethunder

Thank you!
    ...I won't even begin to try and discredit you. x

13. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

Is this scenario broken on Xbox?
    Tried it several times. Stuck for ages at red light about 2k after pulling out of the station at the beginning?
    Am I meant to sit at the station for a while?

14. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. dave from Cornwall

The talent 2 is equally stuck at a red light?
    The whole thing is jammed up?

I will try again and make a coffee and wait!

D

16. dave from Cornwall

Yes, patience was the key thing here, I managed to get past.

Thank you shimarin