Quick Resume Deactivated After Update?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JonnE, Sep 11, 2021.

1. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I noticed after the dedicated Series S/X upgrade quick resume, which was working before, is now deactivated and not working anymore.

Is there a specific reason for that like an impact on game stability?

I'm asking because I really enjoyed the function as the save function still has its moments where it's refusing to work and I still tend to play TSW2 till I nearly... or not nearly fall asleep ;)
    And since it happened nearly every recent night that I woke up just to find out the last drive is gone because xbox and TV turned themselves off I decided to ask politely... :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rutgerski

Rutgerski Active Member

Yeah I noticed that too, but for me it’s been like that for a couple of weeks already, I miss it too!

3. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I think microsoft themselves have to add this feature.thars what I heard. Now it's on gamepass maybe they will add it soon.

4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

It was added before the 4.26 upgrade and the dedicated Series S/X version... in fact I think TSW2 is the only game (or at least one of a few) where this is not active at the moment :)

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I hadn't noticed this, since I regularly switch between playing it on different XBoxes, I got into the habit of always manually closing TSW2 to avoid it going into quick resume as that slows down launching the game when you switch between consoles and it needs to restart upon loading your cloud save to clear the quick resume cache :D

6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out for MS adding a manual toggle for games which support it, as it still interferes with a bunch of games which are always-online where quick resume doesn't work because you disconnect from the server after a certain amount of time, but for some reason is still enabled so you load into a borked game state and it takes the game a minute or so to recognise the lack of a connection, and it's faster just to clear the game from quick resume before loading it. In cases like that if they aren't going to add a manual toggle, they should at least disable it permanently. But a manual toggle would allow us to decide which games we want using it, so that we can make it so that the games we regularly play always have quick resume states and they don't get overwritten because we fired something random up to show a friend.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

How strange, quick resume still works for me on series S, though I dont tend to use it

8. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

Second that, quick resume has always and is still working post patch for TSW2. I used this the other night after finishing a service and jumping into another I wanted to play the next day. Turn my Xbox back on after shutting down and jump straight back to where I was the day before.

Perhaps a bug for some users?

9. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Very strange (but good to know it seems not to be a general issue).
    Are you running it on Series S as well?

Mine is running on a stock Series X, location store germany.

10. aaron1807

aaron1807 Member

I'm on a stock Series X, UK based. I wonder if it is perhaps something to do with the Xbox settings?

11. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I will see what there might be to change later on. I can't remember I had my fingers on them though and everything else is working but it's well worth a try.