Dresden Really Dark During Day

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LCYCowboy, Sep 9, 2021.

1. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

I don't know if this has anything to do with the new night lighting system, but I just played the first scenario in Journey mode, which was learning the cab car (766.2?) and the gama was awful. It was like driving late in the evening.

It was supposed to be 11:00 in the morning. To compare I then fired up Hamburg - Lübeck at a similar time and the lighting was fine?

Any advice out there?

• Like Like x 1
  2. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

2021-09-09 at 17.42.11.jpeg

Here is an image taken at 9:14 in the morning. Look at how dark it is out front. It is the same standing on the platform, so it isn't the cab's tinted windows!

• Like Like x 2
  3. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

upload_2021-9-9_17-45-24.png

It gets even worse once you are out of the station

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I am not seeing this on my PC. bandicam 2021-09-09 13-12-08-071.jpg bandicam 2021-09-09 13-13-59-728.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Neither am I. I'm running a service at 06:30 right now and it's already quite light (15th September).

6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Maybe adjust your screen settings - brightness etc. I had to this this recently as it was adjusted too dark

7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I can see a huge difference in the way route looks . I rather like the new way to be fair .

8. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

The weird thing is that the other routes aren’t effected (all look fine). I have increased the brightness setting in the engine.ini, which improves things, but then makes all the other routes too bright

9. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

What is the in-game date?

10. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Are those initial journey bits not set in Autumn?

I’ve only had a quick look at the route but came away thinking “by-jove, they might actually be finally getting it”.

Too early to say definitively but I thought the lighting is beginning, at long last, to look like it should. Don’t know about anyone else, but if it takes a step backwards again on the Brighton route I will be extremely disappointed.

11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

it will do, because it was contractors that did the lighting for this route, not DTG. DTG confirmed that the lighting improvements won’t be coming to BML until they can learn how to do it, to which then Adam’s team will need to upgrade it at some point.

So in other words, this was was a special ‘one off’ in terms of lighting improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

I read that. I was deliberately being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my previous post. What can you say to that statement? It’s not really good enough, is it?

Adam’s team will maybe improve it in what, 18 months if we’re lucky, by which point everyone will have long since moved on to something else. A serious number of the ‘preserved’ collection still have the old skybox which is presumably a very easy change to do by comparison. Anyone holding out hope that this lighting will ever make it to preserved routes is deluded.

Adam’s team will very quickly, if they haven’t already, become completely overwhelmed by all of this. Every new DLC release just adds a whole raft of new bugs so they have to be drowning in them. Dresden looks like a great route but in the 30 odd minutes I’ve played of it there are issues left, right and centre with the locos. Dangling the carrot of ‘Adam’s team’ keeps the players relatively quiet, but if you look very starkly and unemotionally at what they’ve achieved in over a year, it’s really not a huge amount. What they have fixed just shows how terribly buggy the original releases are. It’s not their fault of course, but something is really messed up with the way software houses develop these games and track changes, bugs and fixes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

JetWash I really don’t half a lot of confidence of this being ported to other routes anytime soon. As you’ve mentioned, there are still a tonne of routes still using the old skybox.

DTG really need to come up with a solution because Adam’s minuscule team is increasingly becoming overwhelmed with each DLC that gets released. They seem to be the people that gets everything passed on to them as soon as something is released.

With more and more DLC being released, how are they realistically going to be able to work on them, plus the remaining preserved collection? It’s seems the inflow is coming in faster than they can outflow, so things will eventually pile on top of each other, or will just be forgotten about altogether.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

The weather settings seem to have a fairly big effect on how dark the route is (understandably) but it does seem like it's a little too dark during the day when the weather is set to light rain, for example.
    Edit - Seems as thought it only looks dark from the cab (currently driving ICE3M). In external view the light levels are fine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  15. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

ICE 3 if I recall has very tinted windows which defintiley won't help!

• Like Like x 2