Other Nahverkehr Dresden General Reports

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by taylormade#6721, Sep 9, 2021.

1. driver#7595

driver#7595 Member

Started playing on xbox 1 yesterday and on a couple occasions the game crashed

2. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

Two small issues that I ran into on Xbox One S:

An invisible pole at Riesa:

Floating ballast near Freiberger (map shown):

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  3. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Trains coming from Riesa, pulling into the Weißig chemical plant sidings do not get the speed restriction of 40kmh indicated anywhere. This should come with the entry signal just ahead of the switch to the siding.

No problem if you play with the HUD, without a HUD you would run into trouble:o

• Like Like x 3
  4. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Yeah

5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Same. Achievement doesn't progress while driving the 143.

6. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Had a crash yesterday while driving the RE50 around the corner into Dresden Hauptbahnhof, last mission in the first journey chapter. Reloaded my last save and got stuck at the red signal shortly after Radebeul Ost. Waited around 20min, reloaded the save again etc, but no luck. The service was otherwise very enjoyable so I hope this doesn’t happen again today! Platform: PS4

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The BR143 S2 service at 06:34 seems to be possessed by the devil. Although I am driving, there seems to be someone else using the switches, opening and closing doors, turning the lights on in the beginning - and worst of all, the brakes don't work. Did someone else experience the same with this service? (I ran another S2 service and it was fine)

8. Cramnor

Also, the BR185.5 has a high buzzing sound since the last patch when sitting in the cab. Is this prototypical? This sound is super annoying and makes this loco unenjoyable at the moment :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. itsbobo

itsbobo New Member

I added more power and that helps releasing the breaks

10. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

ICE Frankfurt flughfen - Dresden 18.59. No ICE service spawns in which is rather odd.

And picking one that might work
    ICE Frankfurt flughafen- Dresden. 22:59.
    Unload/load instruction cycle completes and can depart Dresden-Neustadt
    The game hard crashes approaching Dresden HBF and have to restart the game.

- On Xbox one x

11. itsbobo

itsbobo New Member

In the Chapter 3, S1 Coswig Dresden Service spawns on football and without a train

• Like Like x 4
  12. Jon from Rhode Island

Jon from Rhode Island Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I took the 766.0 for a spin on Köln-Aachen and noticed the following:
    - LZB did not activate at Duren despite being switched on.
    - The livery reads “S-Bahn Dresden.”
    - The destination sign reads “Cologne” when I assume it should say “Köln”.

• Like Like x 2
  13. dubsox

dubsox Member

I just started "playing" this today.
    My first issue is the 143 tutorial, once I stopped the train I couldn't get it moving again, and the tutorial did nothing to explain to me how.
    Second: The 146 takes forever to get moving, even with the throttle on max and AFB turned off.
    Third: On the tutorial for the 146, when I stop the train at Weinbohla as marked, nothing happened and I couldn't continue the tutorial.

I don't know if these are bugs or if I'm just missing something but I followed the tutorials correctly and I haven't had issues with these trains in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bholloway519

bholloway519 New Member

I’m haveing the same issue

15. thegamerniklas428

thegamerniklas428 New Member

16. leas251

leas251 New Member

When taking over a Train with the BR 143 in Front, the Brake Switch in Front and in the Cab Car are activ so Brake Control is not possible until you walk to the back and switch the brakes of in the trailing Cab Car.

Tested here: Spawned by Foot in Coswig at 8:20, taken the train leaving at 8:24 (S1 Coswig-Dresden) , BR 143 in front

I guess the problem exists also with other services.

Edit: Same Problem with S1 Coswig-Dresden at 12:29 with BR 146 in Front.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  17. stubzy#1618

stubzy#1618 New Member

18. stubzy#1618

stubzy#1618 New Member

Yes having the same problem on ps4 keeps crashing in the dresden area

• Like Like x 2
  19. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Hey Matt, in answer to your question, it was the 8:10 service from the Chemical Plant to Riesa. Once I passed the red signal, it came with the three options. Those being continue journey, replay service, or go to main menu. ‘Continue Journey’, brought me to the RE50 service from Dresden to Leipzig starting at 9:14am. As of now, I’m operating that service once again in a 363 shunter

20. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

RB 91, first service in the journey following the BR 442-Tutorial. Could be reproduced after restarting the game. Platform PC. Also I have in general some instances where trains pop up short ahead of me. 20210911013046_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

Every ICE service that I attempt to start in the timetable spawns me at a random station mid-route. The same services, different services, in either direction; doesn’t matter. I managed to actually spawn in an ICE once, but then the game crashed leaving Dresden.

Xbox One S

22. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

On PC
    Not sure if this has already been reported, but some of the AI MRCE 185.5 services are running pan-down.

23. Cramnor

TrainSim-Matt Could you be so kind and check the schedule of the S1 trains again when the Meißen branch is added. Using the Dosto, the schedule shows a train every 30 minutes, which is true to life. However, when selecting the BR146, there is no pattern whatsoever for the services, it seems to be a 20/40 pattern roughly, but the start times are all over the place.
    In addition, also with regards to players reporting getting stuck, it appears to me that between DD Mitte and DD Neustadt, all freight and RE trains are routed through the middle of the three fast tracks and do not make use of all three tracks. Especially trains towards Riesa are routed through the middle track, whereas I would expect them to stay on the right track for RE services (i.e. in the middle one of the 5 tracks including the S-Bahn tracks), and then only move over when entering DD Neustadt station. For freight services, I assume they should stay on the very left track, bypassing DD Neustadt.
    Last but not least, if you have used the current timetable, there seems to be a pattern change for the RE50 services, stopping at DD Neustadt on track 3 towards Dresden Hbf, maybe due to some construction work. Not 100% certain on it, but I believe "normally" they would switch back to the fast tracks after Radebeul Ost and stop at DD Neustadt platform 7 or 8 (if you check the schedule for December for example, it shows this different platform compared to what it would show for today).

Thanks a lot

• Like Like x 1
  24. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Just got an error when I loaded in to the same Dresden to Leipzig Service. Immediately when I loaded in, it told me that I had failed the service because my vehicle derailed apparently

25. some1

some1 New Member

The journey mode is an utter bugfest.

-Chapter 1 starts with BR 766.2 introduction, but the next activity (RE50 Dresden-Leipzig) lands you randomly in either BR143 or BR146. (BR146 introduction is the third activity and BR143 has a dedicated chapter).
    -Chapter 1 activity 4 (RE50-Leipzig-Dresden) also land you in BR146 and the train has locomotives at both ends.
    -Same issue with Chapter 2 RE50-Leipzig-Dresden
    -Chapter 3 S1 Coswig-Dresden there's no train to drive, you just spawn on foot.

Did not check further, at this point I just quit the game and contemplate a refund.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  26. jeremy#2905

jeremy#2905 Member

Found a bit of a quirk/bug in an early morning timetabled RE50 service from Riesa to Dresden. Approaching Coswig I noticed a pretty large difference between arrival and departure times, and that an S1 service was waiting on the Meissen branch. Looking at the PIS I noticed that the S1 service was supposed to arrive at Coswig a couple minutes before my service. This lead to excess dwell times at stations along the way since I was unhindered by a stopping S1 service that was meant to be ahead of me.

Attached Files:

27. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

So I've just decided to fire up Dresden on the PS5 for my first go.
    I did the intro wat the start of the route and all was good.

I then jumped into a timetable from the menu and chose the DABpbzfa 766.0 with VIVO livery and chose the 7:10 S1 service from Dresden to Coswig.
    Great I thought but nope.
    Opened the passenger doors, did the reverser, MCB etc and was then ready to go. Problem is, the brakes wouldn't release so I used the release lever on the console and it would not go below 0.6. How do I get it moving?

Also, when I was switching cabs using the keyboard (CTRL + =) I was put outside the rear loco on both sides and then put on a completely different unit on a different platform.

• Like Like x 1
  28. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Cool glitch though

29. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Did you enter the brake key?

30. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-9-11_22-56-9.png
    Well...

• Like Like x 2
  31. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

32. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

33. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Chapter 8, the RE 18 is bugged, when you load the service up, you end up spawning on foot.

34. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Such a shame the route is unplayable due to crashes , it looks magnificent . Hopefully the crashes are fixed . SOON

• Like Like x 2
  35. Princess Entrapta

Which platform is it crashing on? Hope they fix it for you, since on Series X it's a GORGEOUS route I've really been enjoying.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox one s . I believe the crashes only affect last gen

• Like Like x 1
  37. Princess Entrapta

Interesting, on Series consoles this happens the first time you try to load any route, because it has to load the new layers up, and then never happens again after that. I am curious as to what might be causing it on consoles which don't have the new layers enabled.

38. 1tommytrouble

1tommytrouble Member

PC - on Journey Mode, in Chapter 3, when starting "S1 Coswig - Dresden", you are spawned at a random station with no train to be seen

• Like Like x 4
  39. erdvilla#9547

erdvilla#9547 New Member

PS4 Version (playing on PS5)

The trophy for BR143 - Travel 143km unlocks by loading into the BR442 (already used that train for over 1500km).

But the trophy for BR442 - Travel 442km hasn't unlocked despite having the aforementioned distance on it (even when driving a VVO Service).

I'm trying all available trains on the map to see if any has the trophy on it like 442 had for 143. I of course started with the 143 in case they were reversed, only had to add a few extra km to reach the 442km on it, but nope.

Do the 442km have to be driven inside the map? The trophy doesn't specify it, and also there are reports of other PS4 users that have gotten the BR143 distance trophy (through the BR442) without even owning this DLC.

40. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

And to further expand on my earlier point in the thread, the exterior cameras don't work on any of the locos/units now and if you try to go to the exterior camera, just like the Boston Sprinter, the immersion settings change back to classic settings except this time, they just won't bring up any of the exterior cameras

Platform: PS4 version on the PS5

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  41. JZJ90

JZJ90 Active Member

In the highlighted service, the second run of chapter 3 in Journey mode you are spawned on foot at a station. Looking at the map shows your train is a few stations away and seems to be driving itself.

Platform: PC, Steam.

Attached Files:

42. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

There are many journey issues - but they stem from a single issue in the timetable, which will be resolved in the next update.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. AndrejM

AndrejM Member

Hi everyone!

I'm playing on PC (Steam version) and usually the game runs fine, I get around 25 to 30 fps on medium settings on every route except NDR. NDR runs fine from Riesa all the way to Dresden Neustadt but after that, the game just stutters constantly. Today I was driving S1 service from Coswig to Dresden Hbf and it took me 30 minutes to get from Dresden Neustadt to Dresden Hbf because of all the stutters. Area around Dresden really needs optimization ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  44. 1tommytrouble

1tommytrouble Member

I've managed to complete said service by...
    upload_2021-9-12_15-30-50.png
    Pressing start journey, get spawned at a station, then keep hitting restart every time until you spawn at Coswig. One of the platforms at Coswig has a Talent 2 in it, wait for it to arrive and depart - the train after it is yours.

BTW, the brakes are really rubbish, probably due to the rain - I had to go really slow then ebrake at the left second in order to stop. The usual brakes were useless.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

For me it seems to be the "old" model of the 143 because I couldn't operate the FIS, I think the new model should be able to...

46. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Getting out of memory crashes, low framerates and other bugs. Xbox one X. This route is very kaput, please fix it, dankeschon.

47. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This seems to be a wide spread issue just loaded a Tees valley scenario and same thing is happening. Player spawn's but no train. And when you try restart the player spawn's at a different station platform.
    Class 31 5Z90 Saltburn Run-around.

• Like Like x 1
  48. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Don't know if its a bug, but its kind of annoying needing to turn on the lights of the passengers in the dostos when driving loco. I don;t even have time to set up the train. then i also need to run to the back to turn the lights on. Or is there something im missing?

• Like Like x 1
  49. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

That should be fine using the train lights control in the desk - which loco is this?

50. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

It was on journey mode with the 146. but just tested again and ofcourse now it works -_-
    But the time to set up the train is way to low on this route.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1