Xbox Risa-dresden Crashes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Oo7 BELL 7oO, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

After the delay and price increase to the rush hour season ticket (which I understand and find reasonable) one would assume that it would be a mostly smooth affair however it seems not.

On the Xbox 1 (I can’t speak for next gen) Risa-Dresden has crashed many times, once when loading a tutorial, once when in service and finally once half way through the 767 Cab Car tutorial to name but three. As of now Boston and Dresden have extremely low FPS, usually around 15. One would’ve hoped that the release delay and removal of branch lines would’ve been to mitigate these issues but I can only foresee that the solution to fix this will be to remove all of the layers (and likely some locos) as happened with Haupstreke Munchen-Augsburg, leaving us with a very empty and bland route.

I wouldn’t mind the delay (and another if need be) had the proper testing occurred and pointed out these issues. I can wholeheartedly say that I have lost my faith in dovetail and am now relying on rivet games’ WCL to try and restore my faith in the game. This isn’t the first time that an incomplete product has been released by DTG and I can tell you for free, that this won’t be the last. I am tired of being an unpaid involuntary beta tester for dovetail and they really need to sort themselves out. If this wasn’t enough I have now found an issue that when you load up a timetable you can randomly spawn in the middle of nowhere this happens on the majority of routes, ECW, NRD and RT to name but three

One final note, in TSW 2020 the Miles Platting crash on NTP wasn’t resolved for at least two months so it’s gonna be a long wait before we see any resolution to these issues.

upload_2021-9-9_17-34-4.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 14
  2. turnipgaming97

turnipgaming97 Member

The same thing happened to me on my Original Xbox One twice, first it happened when I clicked on main menu after completing the Route introduction and the second time when I was leaving Dresden going past a stopped Freight Train, I should mention the frame rate was at around 15 FPS

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I was doing a RE50 service from Riesa to Dresden and as soon as I got to Dresden Mitte, out of memory error message appears. This was on Journey mode at first chapter and I’m on Original Xbox One.

Edit: Just did a few scenarios on Dresden and I was about to load in the next scenario and was hot with another Out Of Memory Error message. Gives me some concern about Brighton Mainline though, since that route is one of the busiest mainlines in the U.K.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Thanks for reporting this, I’m on Xbox One and can’t find many people talking about the frame rate on old gen. I think I’m going to have to upgrade to an Xbox Series X by the end of this year otherwise I can’t play Rush Hour routes. I haven’t bought the season ticket yet and this has just saved my money.

• Like Like x 3
  5. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Had these issues as well, since the rush hour update I think I've spent more time looking at loading screens that driving services. Everything has become slower, the new intro doesn't load properly so it's a black screen with music playing then the graphics come at the very end. The menu is slow. When selecting a loco in service mode it takes forever to load to see what livery it is in.
    In the store page the prices don't always show and this is slow. I really don't hope that locos, layers or services have to be removed from Dresden and we're given alternative timetables other wise it might as well be SKA or LIRR or the Xbox one version of GWE.

• Like Like x 2
  6. t.goaslind

t.goaslind Member

Same issue here. I'm on Xbox series s. Was on the Dresden line, but I've encountered it on some other routes as well, not just the new ones. Pretty crazy.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Same here series s. RE50 from riesa to Dresden got an out of memory crash entering Dresden mitte.
    Also happens to me once entering koln on an ice, Ska.
    Memory usage optimisation update /patch needed?

• Like Like x 1
  8. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

Yep, haven't been able to finish a service yet on Xbox One. Did 3 training runs, but noticed its very glitchy and low frame rate. 3 journeys all crashed fairly early on with the memory error message.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NYIslanders0902

NYIslanders0902 Active Member

I’m on Xbox One S and I haven’t had this problem ever since I got the route, but I do hope they fix this for everyone else

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

I'm on series s and I uninstalled MSB and haven't gotten an out of memory crash as of yet

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Lightspeed

I think the main problem is around the Dresden Mitte/Hbf area. That’s where I keep getting the out of memory messages.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I’m on Xbox one s . This morning I was near to finishing an IC service when the game suddenly froze and kicked me to the home menu on my Xbox . I also had the issue that you have reported . All I can say is I’m not happy

• Like Like x 5
  13. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

Been having these issue in many services just after/before dresden neustadt and just after/before dresden hbf. The quality has been very low with these routes so far and I hope they can actually make BML good or it just won’t be worth even buying it. I’m on a Xbox one x and still having these issues for god sake. I feel like I’m wasting my money on DTG.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Lightspeed

I can’t even play an IC, ICE service on Dresden route. Every time I try and load it up, it either dumps me in a random station with the service not even loaded in or crashes. Same applies when I’m trying to do a northbound freight run from Dresden Hbf.

• Like Like x 5
  15. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

I've been playing it on my Xbox One and get the same problem. The game will crash as soon as I leave Dresden Hbf, or when I approach Dresden city center (from Riesa). And while playing the DB 101, the locomotive wont even move! The sounds and amperage indicate the engine should be moving, but instead the game crashes!

I'm just gonna have to wait until I get back home to play it on good ol' PC, since the Xbox version of the route is broken. I sure hope a fix comes quick.

• Like Like x 2
  16. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

I hope dtg acknowledged this as they should have as it’s a massive issue. And this and Boston needs to be fixed quickly otherwise these routes will just become so boring and horrible. I can’t even do any services to and form dresden. This route so far has disappointed me. I had high hopes for rush hour but with these 2 releases my hope has become doubt. It’s very bad dtg and we shouldn’t be paying to beta test your unfinished game. Please fix quickly so I can actually play the route ok?

• Like Like x 2
  17. damianchilds

damianchilds Member

When it puts you in a random station just go to the menu and reload the service. It fixes it. It’s also the same on some sehs services and on some Hamburg-lubeck as well

• Like Like x 2
  18. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

Playing it on the One S, I’ve started about 20 services but have only been able to complete 3 of them because of the crashes around Dresden. Great route, just wish I could play it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

I've given up. I've started 12 services and only able to complete 2. Extremely poor product.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

5 out of 5 times worked fine for me getting into Dresden. No crashes and steady 59-60fps.

Xbox series X.

21. Coastway trainspotter

I think the crashes only effect last gen

• Like Like x 2
  22. Coastway trainspotter

It’s a shame that DTG have barely acknowledged this issue and have not told us when this issue will be fixed , but they were keeping the community constantly updated and reassured with the PS4 issue with the core update .

• Like Like x 2
  23. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I play on PS4 and have had the same issues. Just thought I would le you know that it is not just Xbox.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Xbox one X same problems! Out of memory crashes all the time and kicked out of the game. Also framerates low and stutters in game:( Also when selecting a service it puts you at a random station without a train. I thought the textures and sound issues on xbox was bad, but now this is even worse. I cannot even drive a train now.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Reporting in another memory crash into dresden HBF, just after passing Dresden mitte on the Intercity 101. Going to try with MSB uninstalled now. Xbox series S

• Like Like x 1
  26. Coastway trainspotter

Just crashed AGAIN , ICE service about 2KM from neustatd

• Like Like x 1
  27. Sprinter

I cannot select ICE services, it puts me at a random station without a train every time.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Coastway trainspotter

I have the same issue but with the 363

29. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Uninstalled MSB, did 2 runs into dresden the 101 and talent 2, and I got no memory crashes. Xbox series s

Try it out, it might be a temporary fix,till they patch it

30. Sprinter

i tried that, but still got the crashes. Happy for you it works!

31. Coastway trainspotter

Are you on last gen ?

32. Sprinter

yes Xbox one X

33. NYIslanders0902

Now I’m experiencing this problem too, was just about to finish the “Follow The Leader” scenario, I was arriving at my last stop, and the game crashed, and it brought me to the Home Screen. What’s stupid is that I saved my progress in that scenario, but if I go to press Resume Save Game, it’ll bring me into another scenario and start from where I left off there. This is so stupid.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Coastway trainspotter

Ok , lots of users are experiencing this so you just need to wait for a patch

35. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

This has happened to me too.

36. NYIslanders0902

When the hell is it coming out then?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Sprinter

yes when is it coming?? Can someone from DTG inform us? Or write anything with more information?

• Like Like x 1
  38. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

I might have found a temporarily solution for the error message about the memory while we wait for DTG resolve this bug.
    For the problem the player has when he arrives to Dresden Mitte, i tried to pause for few seconds and to return to play. I tried this way on a RE50 Leipzig - Dresden: i paused the game before i join to Dresden Neustadt. Then i did it every 400 meters between Dresden Neustadt and Dresden Mitte and finally between this last and Dresden HBF.
    I tested it on my console (Xbox One X) and it would seem to work.
    This is the way i used when there had been that bug for the route Kohl-Aachen where the ICE services locked when they were joining Kohl. Before of that point, i paused the game for some seconds and then i returned to play and the game didn't crash.
    So, try this solution and let me to know how it went

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Luk396-e464

Luk396-e464 Active Member

I know it isn't the best way to play but it could allow you to finish the scenery / service

40. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

Tried out your suggestion, but no help. Still crashes around Dresden Mitte

41. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

I haven't seen any replies or posts from DTG acknowledging the issue yet?

• Like Like x 1
  42. Coastway trainspotter

Yet loads of replies and posts for the PS4 issue . Is this dtg being biased towards one console ?

43. Matěj Houska

Matěj Houska Member

I recommend playing
    Scenario Planner on this route until DTG fixes those bugs. It almost does not crash in the Dresden area when playing Scenario Planner.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  44. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

I have played a few timetables going away from Dresden and they appear fine, although noticeably glitchy and dropping frames around Dresden-Mitte. I've driven 2 back to Dresed and both crashed. Nice I can play half a game!

• Like Like x 1
  45. speedfan08

speedfan08 New Member

also on series s , same problem near dresden hbf

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  46. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Uninstall main spessart bahn if you do have it.

47. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

Ok, I've now tried multiple different timetables and 3/4 crashed in the Dresden area.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. StellarBeorn

StellarBeorn New Member

Was anyone able to find this issue on the roadmap?? I certainly couldn't.

49. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

50. bensconnolly

bensconnolly Member

Just adding my experience - I was crashing probably 80% of time coming into or near Dresden Mitte from the north, playing on my Xbox One. I recently purchased a Series X and have had zero problems since.

• Helpful Helpful x 1