Memorial Class 395 Layer For Ecw And Bml?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by coursetim, Sep 12, 2021.

1. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I did reply to a seperate thread with something along these lines but thought I would also add it as its own suggestion!

As we already had the Trainbow livery on SEHS I wanted to suggest the addition of the Poppy/Remembrance livery on the 395 similar to the rail tour that was carried out to raise money for charity!

One article can be found here: (https://www.bexhillobserver.net/news/high-speed-poppy-express-spotted-bexhill-station-2121797)

This livery and locomotive could be added in as a rail tour or timetabled service to BML and ECW as although I don't know the exact route taken it went quite far off the beaten track!

It may be a nice touch for rememberance or something similar maybe charging a small amount for the livery/layer and donating some of that to the Poppy appeal or some equivalent charity so its a meaningful addition and contribution?

Heres an image I found on google of the livery! Simple but effective!
    Screenshot_20210912_020436.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would like to see that livery for the 395 in tsw2. It would be a nice little thing to add.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

They can't or won't do the poppy and remembrance liveries because the poppy icon is licenced to the Royal British Legion and would cost a lot of money to have for just one skin on a train/loco.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1