Quite A Few Blue Screen Crashes Since Last Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lenwigg, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Not had them for ages but since the update they are back. Sometimes when doing a run but at least two have been after walking around stations the choosing to go back to the main menu.

I think they have all been while doing the Nahverkehr Dresden route. I have played the Boston route as well since but pretty sure all the crashes have been while playing the former. Getting a bit of a worry again choosing anything longer than thirty or forty minutes fearing wasting even more time if it crashes.

When the blue screen comes comes up and says report or suggestions I could think of a few to give but best not printed there or here. Base PS4 UK player

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Custom liveries on the route? These sometimes cause high memory usage

• Like Like x 1
  3. bassman612

bassman612 Member

Same problem here on Dresden route. It's crashed every time I've been on it. I've finished 3 full length runs on it, but crashed when returning to free roam to check out the station I've arrived at. I've also had one crash about 30 minutes into a run. No custom liveries and on standard PS4.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Lenwigg

mmmm I have seen one of my liveries at times so maybe it is that. Pain in the backside whatever the cause is though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Had three "blue screen" crashes yesterday on Dresden. No custom liveries, standard PS4. No crashes on any other route since the big update, until now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

If you have any locos layering on the route try uninstall them, i.e. MSB or the 182

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lenwigg

As far as I know you can not uninstall DLC on PS4 without uninstalling the whole game.

• Like Like x 2
  8. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

I had the same experience. Uninstalled everything and only re-installed TSW2, Riesa-Dresden, HRR and the 101. Let's see how it works out.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I also dropped the game several times. But it's a coincidence. Now the game has fallen in front of Dresden railway station. DTG will definitely make an adjustment to keep it from falling.

10. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

OK, so that did not work. Even with only the additional 101 layer, apparently, the area between Dresden Mitte and Dresden Hbf is too much to take. So, let's wait for the DTG patch and let's hope that the solution is not to remove layers/thin our timetables, like on HMA.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

It is a similar problem as it was at DLC KolĂ­n, Aachen. They also solved it without removing the layers. So far, there are not many falls. My PS4pro handles this surprisingly well. We will have to wait for the repair. In the meantime, I would provide all the information about these crashes of the game. The more information they have, the better they will fix this error.