Dresden Dispatcher Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ILied, Sep 12, 2021.

1. ILied

ILied Active Member

Is anyone else experiencing issues with the dispatcher at Dresden Hbf on 08:59 ICE service from Rielsa Hbf to Dresden Hbf? I see a lot of trains late and stuck behind red lights.

• Like Like x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

On a Riesa-Dresen IC (101) service, I was halted by a red at Dresden Mitte which never cleared. Eventually I just had to quit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I've encountered a few similar (game breaking) issues. Matt said (iirc) that there were plans to update the timetable/add some extra freight services so hopefully when/if that is released these bugs will either be irrelevant or fixed.

4. ILied

ILied Active Member

It’s a pain when it happened. Fortunately I was recording so I have evidence for them. I was able to repeat it as well.

5. ILied

ILied Active Member

There’s no if about it. Meißen will come with the patches, there might be a small delay because the files are in use for adding the Meißen branch. Although they’ve had the same thing with Boston Sprinter so I’m hoping London Commuter doesn’t have this problem.

6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Can I get more detail on the services affected by this specifically? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Which service? I've had a few with very lengthy dwells, but nothing that is impossible. Probably the longest I had to wait was ten minutes

8. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I'd like to know anywhere in an ICE you're waiting more than about 5 minutes to be honest, they really shouldn't be getting held up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The bug with the DB BR 182 described in this post might be the cause of permanent red lights and blocked tracks. Some of the permanent red lights reported might actually be a problem with the 182 and not a dispatcher problem.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ILied

ILied Active Member

For me it’s on the 08:59 service from Riesa Hbf to Dresden Hbf on the approach to Dresden Hbf there’s a red light. There appears to be a traffic jam with a RE50 from 09:12 waiting in the platform at Dresden Hbf, a DB BR 101 waiting heading towards Dresden Neustadt in between the two stations. I believe another couple of trains are held up, including a 185 freight train. There’s another 101 in Platform 3 at Dresden Hbf (where ICE is headed) stopped by a red light just outside the station.

I was fortunately recording so intending to submit a support ticket with the evidence.

Fortunately this is the only service this has happened. I’ve driven a few ICE services and they are all fine, apart from PZB on the approach to Dresden Hbf sometimes but that’s driver error.

11. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Hi Matt,

So of the ICE and IC services I've done so far:

ICE 08:19 Dresden to Riesa - Delayed approximately 5 minutes waiting signal where the avoiding line merges with the Coswig line
    IC 05:29 Dresden to Riesa - Delayed between Dresden Hbf and Dresden Neustadt. Further delayed waiting signal where the avoiding line merges with the Coswig line. Was actually one of the most enjoyable runs due to the adverse aspects.
    IC 10:01 Dresden to Riesa - No issues
    IC 11:24 Riesa to Dresden - No issues

I'll update this thread as I work through the services.

One thing to consider for a future timetable, a few diverted services (due to disruption on the network) that deliberately follow stoppers etc. As I'm finding the services that get delayed quite enjoyable...

12. ILied

ILied Active Member

I believe that is already implemented in the timetable as services going in the same direction have slightly different run times, indicating shenanigans during the journey (as Matt described it). It makes PZB more interesting the fact it’s happened.