How Do You Fully Release The Brakes On The Br 363?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by oliver.biggs2, Sep 13, 2021.

1. oliver.biggs2

oliver.biggs2 New Member

When I hook up to the tankers I can't fully release the brakes straight away. I move the train brake handle into the release position and the brakes release a little bit (not fully) and then when it moves back into the driving position the brakes get applied again. If I keep it in the release position by holding L1 they very slowly release. I think I was holding it for about 10 minutes until the brakes were fully released. I must be doing something wrong?

Any help appreciated.

2. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

Don't release them, as it actually overdrives the brakes. You should release the pressure by putting it in "Drive" :)

3. oliver.biggs2

oliver.biggs2 New Member

Putting it in the driving position doesn't seem to release the brakes at all. Currently stuck on a service with it, unable to release the brakes so I can't go anywhere.

4. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

It takes time for the pressure to build up across the tankers, when you couple don't release immediately and let the compressor of the 363 catch up

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mathieu

Mathieu Member

If you've put the brakes on "Release" at least once, in my experience, it never returns to an actual release at 0.
    But then I'm probably impatient

6. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it never returns to 0 indeed and you’ve to put on “release” position, one day I waited 10 minutes and no change and yep I was coupled to any cars

7. mcjagger#7042

mcjagger#7042 New Member

Hey guys,

I had a similar issue with the BR363.

I had no issues in the rail yard moving and attaching the train of carriages to the engine, but when I was trying to go from A to B over a distance of 8km in the scenario the train would keep hammering on the brakes every time I got to around 25kph. Thus far I have spent about an hour on this scenario becoming infuriated.

Direct brakes were not applied (on either side of the cab) and the train brake was set to Driving.

This is apparently not a brake issue. It's an issue with the reverser. When it is set to forward it is in the wrong forward setting. Move the Gear Selector lever in the centre of the train on the front side face of the centre console to the Long Distance position on the right from Shunting. This seems to have resolved the issue with the brakes hammering on every 500m.

• Like Like x 1