Questions Before I Buy It

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by francoisboucher43, Sep 13, 2021.

1. francoisboucher43

francoisboucher43 New Member

Hello everyone ! I tried the game with XBox Game Pass on PC and absolutely loved it. I want to buy it on Steam but I don't know which edition to buy between Collector and DELUXE. Which one is the best? And, if I had to buy ONLY ONE DLC, which one would be better? I like to do the 3 types of driving but I have a small preference for the FREIGHT.

Ah, and, one last question. Do you know when the game or DLC is going to be on sale on Steam? I have a budget of $ 200 for this game.
    Thanks in advance for your answers

2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Well, the basic edition of TSW2 is on sale at a giveaway price right now on Steam and it includes all three types of route. And one of those routes is the premier freight route, Sand Patch Grade. It's an American route because that's really the only way to get a 100% freight route at the moment.

The next major sale on Steam will be next month around Halloween.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  3. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

My suggestion would be to not buy too much all at once. For a starter edition TSW2 or any special edition that tickles your fancy will be a great place to start, but then hold off buying anything else. Play everything in the starter selection to get a feel for it and to help build an idea of where you have the most fun. From there you can try out different types of experience in other add-ons, or stick to what you already enjoy. High speed passenger is very different to commuter, German heavy freight is entirely different to American, historic trains confer a different level of challenge... and so on.

Once you have a good idea of your taste when it comes to what you find the most entertaining, this forum will be more than helpful at providing suggestions for another add-on.

As far as sales are concerned, we offer discounts across the board regularly. Rarely is there more than a 2 month wait before another sale comes along.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Definitely go for the Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition. It comes with the three routes of the previous summer launch (Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen, London Underground: Bakerloo Line, Sandpatch Grade) and the new Rush Hour pack, consisting of the three latest and greatest routes (Boston Sprinter, Nahverkehr Dresen, London - Brighton mainline). It will give you 6 routes for 50 euros, or €8,33 per route. That's definitely a steal!

• Like Like x 6
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the routes it comes with are pretty quality great as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. francoisboucher43

Thank you very much to all of you who answered me !!
    According to your advice, Today I will buy the DELUXE edition and surely the DLC `` Canadian National Oakville Subdivision: Hamilton - Oakville Route '' (I am Canadian) and I will wait for the next sales to buy more DLCs .

Sorry for my English, I speak French

I love this game !!

• Like Like x 5
  7. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Welcome to the wonderfull world of tsw2 :)
    Hope you enjoy you're journey !

• Like Like x 1
  8. francoisboucher43

Thank you very much !!!

9. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard! I do think the Deluxe Edition is a good deal for 6 routes including the latest rush hour routes, then as Protaganist suggest just play about with them until you decide which you like more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

My first recommendation would be to wait for a sale. As mentioned before, DTG do sales very often, and you can grab the game with a nice discount.

I would recommend buying both TSW2020 and TSW2: RH Deluxe Edition as that would net you 10 routes for $97 CAD, or if you wait for a sale, TSW2020 is regularly $15.99 CAD and TSW2: RH Deluxe Edition may be on sale for $49.99 CAD or so. TSW2020 is the old version of the game, but purchasing it grants you ownership of its 4 unique routes in the new game, TSW2, at a nice price point.

The Collector's Edition would be cheaper to buy than the Rush Hour edition, but the extra routes included are several years old and may not be up to current quality standards. It may still be worth a look if those routes pique your interest more than the new Rush Hour themed routes.

If you are interested in freight, Clinchfield and Cane Creek would be worth a look. Though for the time being, Sandpatch Grade (included in the base game) and Oakville Subdivision should keep you occupied for some time.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. francoisboucher43

Ok thank you for your answer! So, if I understand what you are telling me correctly, if I buy Train Sim Worle 2020 I will be entitled to all these ADD-ONs automatically in Train Sim World 2021?

1) Great Western Express, Train Sim World®:
    2) Long Island Rail Road: New York - Hicksville Route Add-On,
    3) Sim World® train: Main Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg - Gemünden Route Add-On,
    4) Sim World® Train: Northern Trans-Pennine: Manchester - Leeds Route Add-On

If this is true, I buy it now !!!

Thank you !

12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

That is correct. Any routes owned from TSW2020 (except NEC) will port over to TSW2 as part of the preserved collection for free.
    NEC unfortunately is not compatible with TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. francoisboucher43

Wow, fantastic !! And the graphics quality will be that of TSW 2?
    I love this fantastic game !!