PC When The Signaler Is On Steroids

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Ben132465798, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

Is this intended? upload_2021-9-11_20-18-35.png Youtube video is a recording just after departure from Dresden
    A Zs1 isn't wrong if the signal isn't working but I think a Zs7 would be better suited for the job

• Like Like x 2
  2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I have to ask... why did you get permission to proceed through the red?

I am not sure why it let you in - i'm checking that with the team. I'd have expected it to deny you entry to an occupied block, but perhaps as it has a white aspect it treated it as a call on equivalent or something.

General rule though, don't request to spad at every red :) You should only need it if you're going to couple up to something.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This rule would probably need a bit of clarification, because for example currently on NEC we wouldn't get anywhere following it. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

True but then the reds on NEC are mostly stop-and-proceed reds, which aren't the same as most countries reds :)

5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Are they not used in Germany at all? Here in the Czech Republic (pretty close to Germany I'd say :D) we have quite a bunch of the stop-and-proceed ones on two-track corridors.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

I did that after 5 minutes waiting there on the exact same service before but didn't record it, so I did the same service again but I spad without waiting for 5 minutes

7. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

That does not exist at all in Germany :D Red means red and you have to stop. Things like the Zs1 (as seen in the video) are used if there are problems with the signalling system (for example the system to check if the track is occupied is broken, hence even when the track is clear the signal man would not be able to set the signal to proceed, then they would use the Zs1) as an "easy work around" - they don't need to contact the driver and issue an "Befehl". But this is only used in rare situations when things are out of the ordinary, and pose a great risk because they "overwrite" the safety mechanisms that would avoid trains meeting head on for example.
    This is an infamous case where this procedure actually cost a lot of lives :(