Nahverkehr Dresden Journey Order

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by timewarp#8263, Sep 13, 2021.

1. timewarp#8263

timewarp#8263 New Member

Is it me or is the journey in the wrong order?

Eg. Chapter 1, the first item is br766.2 introduction

Then the 2nd item RE50 Dresden Hbf - Leipzig Hbf is in the br146 not the br766.2 although sometimes it gives me a br143 oddly.

As the 146 introduction is 3rd, why are they ordered this way? I'm thinking bug?

2. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yeah, bug or just poorly planned out?

3. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

yeah same here - in fact I managed to get a totally different loco once, 112 or something! But then most of the journeys aren't properly thought out. With the Cathcart circle, after the tutorial your very first run of the route is in the pitch black! How can you learn a route when you can't see a thing - it's most tedious!

Back to this route, your tutorial is in 766.2, yet if you go to drive a timetable there isn't a 766, it's 767 or 776 or something instead!!

4. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I wanted to try out the new journey mode approach that DTG has tried to do in this route. It seemed great, starting as a newbie and gaining experience to tackle more complex tasks as you go through the chapters...
    When after a while the same thing happened to me as you, I saw that nothing made sense and I abandoned it. What a disappointment.
    If one day they really want to make sense of it and take advantage of the true potential of the journey mode, it would be nice if they dedicated more than 5 minutes of development to it as they have done this time.

• Like Like x 1