Ps4 Option Button Return To Menu

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xkhayd#5485, Sep 13, 2021.

1. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Hello All,

Just wondered if other people have experienced this but I'm pretty sure in the older version you press the option button which is were you can save the game restart timetable or scenario and go back to main menu. But since new version on PS4 I cannot return to menu or restart a scenario those options are not available, only at the end when you've finished a route does the menu option appear. I watched some of DTG streams on PC and does seem to be available on that version. I've tried pressing and HOLD OPTION button but HUD display just completely disappears. My only way to return to menu during the game is to close application and restart the game. Really frustrating if you go to free roam and try and finish some of the collectables. Hopefully DTG are aware of it.

2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

To quit the game whilst in a service, press pause (options) and when the screen comes up, hold L1. This will then bring up quit or restart.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

It really baffles me how many people can't read a menu properly. It's clearly marked, hold L1 or press triangle to save..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

It is clearly written, but it isn't clear as a game behaviour, nor is it clear from a player's point of view wanting to access options quickly and smoothly. It took me a few moments to spot what it said on screen.
    In TSW2 it is a unique and quite opaque action compared to what people are used to. Could have been a separate page in the pause screen itself and follow the same design intention as the rest of the pause screen. Oh, and the words don't line up well with the rest of the menu bar.
    Whilst we're on the topic of consistency, anyone noticed the zoom controls for the main map and the outline map are different? A little continuity checking is needed if we're going to help new folk through onboarding I think.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

Thanks all that's great, hold L1 brings up the options. How I missed that I don't know.
    From a design point of view though it would be a lot clearer if the HOLD L1 was next to the other function buttons bottom right see attached.
    But anyway TSW 2 is still brilliant and I really appreciate DTG support and time making this game get better and better.
    Thanking you

Attached Files:

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This. Yes, the L1 thing is written there, but it's not a great piece of UI. Quite a few times you have to stop and think about how to get the result you need rather than it being a natural movement - as though the UI has been designed by someone who doesn't use consoles very often.

• Like Like x 1