Sony Finally Got Back To Me...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bullets_On_Parade, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

On the Sunday (i think?) after the core update I raised a ticket with sony to see what could be done for PS4 users who couldn't access their DLCs (I had 15 that weren't working) and asked if some sort of store credit could be provided, which was a long shot, but thought I'd ask anyway. After all, if you don't ask you don't get. What I found very "interesting" is that they basically dismissed me saying words to the effect that they hadn't had widespread reports of any issues with the game and because I was unwilling to re-download it for the 5th time just for them, they used that as an excuse that I wasn't co-operating with the troubleshooting process anyway. So too bad, so sad... we are cancelling this ticket and there isn't anything wrong with the game. I had explained exactly what the issues were and told them why their process wouldn't work and that I'm not interesting in wasting another 2 hrs for something to download. They just had to come here and see what's going on but they weren't interested.
    This happens a lot to me where I am reporting the situation as I see it but businesses hide behind their policy and make it difficult for me as a customer. Not sure what the point of this post is, but thought I'd share in case someone else was going through the same thing, wondering if it was worth fighting for.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You don't say how long ago you bought the game or the DLC, but if you've been able to play them previous to the update and if a plan was in place after the update to get things working again then it's not likely that anyone would give you financial compensation
    You don't pay "per time" to play the game so it's not like a mobile phone contract or internet provider who might refund a few days

I hope you have followed the DTG instructions rather than just uninstalling / reinstalling without rebuilding the game database (which is what actually failed) and that this has fixed the issue for you. If not, submit a ticket with the game logs and DTG WILL look into it

• Like Like x 3
  3. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

This isn't entirely on Sony. Its more on DTG for lack of testing. You also failed to follow sonys instructions, so they have every right to dismiss your case. All companies operate this way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

I pointed them to this forum to see the mess but they didn't follow my instructions either. Tit for tat really. I used to troubleshoot hardware and software problems on fighter jets for a living so it's really frustrating having a tech support person tell you to do something you know won't work, especially when you clearly state the reasons why those steps don't make sense and be fobbed off. If they had read my email properly they wouldn't have looked so stupid denying that there was a problem with the game that affected every one of its PS4 players. It was funny asking them what did they fix then if there wasn't a problem. They pretty much accused me of being a liar and that they hadn't heard any widespread reports of the game having any issues at all. Apparently it was all roses over here! That's the sort of company they are I suppose. Not that I can get hold of a PS5 anyway but this is looking like a win for XBOX next generation... I've had the game since earlier this year but I'd purchased $80 worth of DLC 2 days before it was taken away from us all. Had the chance to play it once then not again for over 2 weeks, some of the other DLC took about 3 weeks to fix, but at the time I raised the ticket, it was all faulty, even the base routes were crashing. Took them an age to get back to me. By then there was finally some communication by DTG, a patch that fixed the base routes and a better idea of the DLC problem. Sony says they aim to get back within 48hrs so they screwed that target up royally. Sony has since tried to give me the line about having already downloaded the base game so no returns but at least in my country it's illegal to have a policy that puts time limits on faulty products. Actually, DLC is not mentioned anywhere in the terms. Wonder if that makes a difference? Sony was fined $3.5 million for making false claims about the 14 day policy and the "you've downloaded it, so suck it up" policy in 2020 by the ACCC but the Europe store handles the Aussie tech support and they haven't gotten the memo to stop with that policy. So they haven't learnt their lesson it seems. Sorry for the rant. Just would have liked to have something to show for my cash during lockdown.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So, your DLC didn’t work for a couple of weeks. If you refused to do Sony customer support’s first troubleshooting step then they will not want to deal with you. They’ll get contacted by all kinds of irate people and may not take kindly to following customer’s orders and that’s why they didn’t follow your instructions. Fighter jet technician or not, just going through the motions to get to the next step of their procedures may have got you better results. I take it your game is now working, or did you not follow DTG’s instructions either because you know better, what with the big planes and that being more complicated than a PS4.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised to hear about this, it fits perfectly with my experience. Sony doesn't care in the least about its existing customers, they are always on the hunt for funky and enthusiastic new customers who don't ask many questions. They couldn't have made this clearer when they scrapped the Community feature on PS4 last April.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

You literally fought them from the first step and you are now complaining about their approach in dealing with you.

The irony.

• Like Like x 7
  8. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Just go through with their 'ticky box' tasks next time

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

I didn't literally fight them from the first step? Read my post again. Hmm, on second thought, maybe you confused the part I said Sony accused me of being unwilling to do their steps, but I actually was willing and did them after some back and forth. Probably could have made that clearer in my post but yeah, their tone suddenly turned when things didn't seem to be working and they even denied there was a problem... I was politely requesting a refund which was my right under the law. Not requesting tech support so I was a bit confused at that part initially, but whatever. The law says they can try fix stuff first by troubleshooting so good on them I reckon, but when it doesn't work you should figure out how you are compensating the customer for it. Just to be clear, the timeline of all this was when DTG was still throwing hail mary solutions around and didn't know the full extent of the issues. Everything is working again now, thanks, and my fighter jets aren't really that big to be honest, when compared to C-17s and Hercs anyway.

When I politely explain that:

"I've already done the things you asked, Mr/Mrs Sony person. Is doing it again going to get a different result...? Look, I'll try but geez, I've already followed DTG's troubleshooting steps which were x,y,z. and like I don't reckon this is going to work, you know? I'll do these steps but troubleshooting this game using the same process we've done already confuses me a bit, but you know best I suppose... I'm already telling you it isn't likely to work, so in a few hours when it hasn't worked again and I reply, would it be too much to ask that you consider how you might compensate me for it it isn't too much trouble? After all, there's no fix in sight and I only just bought a bunch of it 2 days ago...? I don't think a complete refund is necessary, only the stuff I've recently purchased. What do you say?"

and guess what, downloading it again for the 6th time didn't work! I told them this fact and then they said "We don't think you are co-operating so we close this ticket! No soup for you! Do not pass go! Do not collect $200!"

I don't understand why you fellas think I was being unreasonable. The ACCC certainly sounded interested when I spoke to them about it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t bother trying to explain mate because your wasting your time.

Unfortunately there are people who play TSW2 who will always defend and side with DTG and Sony’s position when it comes to the final crunch. They love the game so they are prepared put up with shoddy work and dodgy update roll outs and make excuses for inferior quality control, etc, etc.. The simple fact of the matter is your only obliged to give whoever a reasonable time to fix their product, if after a reasonable time whatever that is? they haven’t fixed it and your not getting or haven’t got what you paid for then your fully entitled to a full money refund which is why I always pay for things with a credit card should a full refund need to be pursued. The credit card company will decide what’s a reasonable length of time to fix a product and if you’ve carried out reasonable steps in this case at Sony’s request. If you’ve reasonably complied but with no success they WILL pursue your refund claim on your behalf.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Isn't that kind of credit card charge backing against PSN's terms and conditions, resulting in an instant ban?

12. shhweeet#4292

No idea tbh. But if they are going to ban people for justifiably getting their credit card company to fight a legitimate refund claim then they aren’t really a company people should be supporting are they? Another reason why I am extremely reluctant to invest in a PS5 at current prices.

• Like Like x 2
  13. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Well, we've already seen indy companies going to the wall over people doing this kind of thing on other platforms. And the PSN rules apply to all Sony platforms, not just PS5.

14. shhweeet#4292

I realise this PSN rule doesn’t just apply to PS5 but if they have a rule that tries to prevent a legitimate refund claim by my credit card company whatever version of PlayStation I’m using then it makes me extremely reluctant and wary to pay a lot of money to upgrade from my PS4 to a 5. As for independent companies going to the wall because of such claims then here’s a thing! How about they release their product fully fit for purpose in the first place?

• Like Like x 2
  15. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Do you know those products weren't fully fit and gamers weren't just chancing it for some free games?

16. shhweeet#4292

Well I think it reasonable to assume if you can prove something doesn’t work as it should whether its by reputation, numbers of complaints, photographic screenshot evidence or whatever else then someone isn’t just chancing it for a free game. Also I’m pretty sure there will be punishments in place for anyone caught doing that.

I mean for example it’s well documented on this forum the problems PS4 players have had with regards to the core update and their missing dlc’s, still ongoing in some cases and seemingly problems with PS5 updates now as well!

Unfortunately for DTG and Sony their reputation is starting to preceded them which makes any possible legitimate refund claim against them more likely and successful. Not that I want to see DTG go to the wall as such because what I want them to do is get their act together before they do.

• Like Like x 2
  17. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

You're assuming that a credit card company would do a thorough investigation for the sake of £5, £10, £20, whatever, and only charge back once they were satisfied the seller was in the wrong. They don't. That's why it's against PSN rules, etc.

18. shhweeet#4292

Hang on a min before this conversation starts to get silly no one is going to get their credit card company to fight for a refund for a minimal amount but just recently people were missing large amounts of dlc’s that cost them hundreds of pounds to buy and in some cases still missing for some people from what I can gather. If a large amount of money was spent then people are entitled to claim a refund and if paid for by a credit card then the credit card company are obliged to fight on your behalf for it.

PSN rules whatever they are can not replace basic consumer rights.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Sony's refund policy is anti-consumer really. If you brought a digital game and download it, your right for a refund will be denied. I have been with PlayStation since the original. Sony isn't going to stop anyone from calling their credit card bank and ask for a chargeback. Sony is going to say if you do just that, you account will be banned until your bank gives back the money they stole from Sony or you, the consumer, buy PSN gift cards to make up the money (if that even works). Sony will then unbanned your account. Once your account gets banned, everything you brought digitally will be locked.

• Like Like x 2
  20. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Oh, I'm sorry, I never noticed the bit in your advice where you stated this only applies if you've paid hundreds of pounds for DLC.

PSN rules don't override consumer rights, true. By the same token, consumer rights don't give you an automatic right to a PSN membership. If you're going to advise people to breach PSN rules to ensure they "protect they're consumer rights", it would be an idea to also advise them of the potential consequences.

21. shhweeet#4292

I m
    I never said you couldn’t get your credit card company to fight for a small amount I said most people wouldn’t unless it was for a substantial amount. Most people would just write off a small amount and put it down to experience. As for this supposed anti consumer policy of Sony’s banning your account if you claim back a refund via your credit card company then let them! Why would I want to spend anymore money on their platform if they did that to me? They would only do it to me once. Another reason to not pay a lot of money on Sony products and wait until they drop in price if you must use them and also the same reasoning why you should never pay anywhere near full price for a DTG TSW2 dlc.

Message to the OP. See what I meant about wasting your time. Some people will stick up for the likes of Sony and and DTG at all costs which is exactly why these types of companies get away with things.

Oh well! :D

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Calling out your nonsense is sticking up for Sony / DTG now is it?

I have thousands of pounds of software in my digital library. Being banned from PSN would probably mean losing that. So, no, it's not just a case of "let them ban me".

Learn the rules of PSN before advising people to abuse them.

• Like Like x 1
  23. shhweeet#4292

Pointing out a basic consumer right is nonsense is it? Erm ok if you say so.

Edited by DTG Natster

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

I'm fully aware of Sony's rules. You're advising somebody to risk their PSN membership, which I get doesn't mean anything to you, but might mean a lot to the OP.

Edited by DTG Natster

25. shhweeet#4292

You know their rules but you still spent thousands so they can hold you over their barrel???

I’m not advising anyone to risk their PSN membership? I’m telling them of a basic consumer right. If activating that consumer right freezes their PSN membership because of this apparent anti consumer policy of Sony’s then that’s their call to make. But this does go to show how companies like Sony and DTG get away with absolute murder.

Anyway I’m calling time on our conversation not because I want to but because DTG Protagonist or whoever will most likely cancel my replies and blame me for being the argumentative one when we both know it isn’t me. Message to the mods. There is a difference between being argumentative and defending my position against someone who clearly doesn’t agree or like my point of view and keeps replying with argumentative responses towards me. Just sayin.

Edited by DTG Natster

• Like Like x 2
  26. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

You can call it anti-consumer all you like, the fact is that's the way it would play out. Pointing out that reality isn't argumentative, it's merely pointing out the reality. That you took it as argumentative (and now play the victim) is on you.

27. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Let's remain polite in here people. No need whatsoever for name calling.

You can disagree and have a difference of opinion, but try not to lash out at one another.

• Like Like x 3
  28. shhweeet#4292

Behave yourself will you! Honestly! You don’t like my advice that perfectly ok and your perfectly entitled to reply with an alternative view point, but your antagonist replies towards me would strongly suggest you wanted and argument. If we are talking realities then the reality is you can claim your money back via your credit card company if you feel the need to do so but it will freeze your PSN account apparently. Or you can keep your PSN account unlocked and active but it will mean writing off your substantial investment if you’ve spent a large amount of money should your issues not be resolved satisfactorily by Sony or whoever else.

Me I’d go for the first option but everyone’s mileage may vary. I’d just say though if you go for the second option then you’ve really no grounds to complain about things when companies like Sony, DTG, or whoever else give you inferior products or in worst case scenario your purchase goes possibly AWOL for good.

• Like Like x 2
  29. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

30. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Reported my issues to Sony who eventually told me to clear the licenses and redownload, which didn't work. Now they are asking me to change my primary console? Whatever that means. I give up with it tbh, can't be bothered with the hassle which is a shame as 3 of the 4 routes (RT, GWR and LIRR) are among my favourites.

Has anyone had any issues with Rush Hour? I haven't got it yet as I am waiting till pay day but I don't want to spend the money if this update will affect it.

31. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Why can't folks just be civil, follow advice given by whoever is you contacted, and be patient?