PC Journey Versus Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by conniethunder, Sep 15, 2021.

1. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

Whenever I buy a new DLC, I've always played through the Training/Introduction and then Scenarios before going to either Journey or Timetable mode.
    I've just noticed that some of the 'levels' that I've played are not 'Ticked' when you view them in Journey mode.
    Is this a bug?
    Journey vs Scenario Mode.jpg

2. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

No. If you want them to get ticked, just play via Journey mode as they are the same Scenarios.

3. conniethunder

But this is my point. If they are the same 'level' whether or not you play them in Scenario, Journey OR Timetable mode, they should still be ticked off as completed in the other mode/s?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

If you don't want to play a service twice, play the journey mode services first and then see what's left in the timetable mode.
    Otherwise the journey mode services that are also in the timetable mode will not be checked off. This has always been the case.

EDIT:
    Play the introductions via journey mode to check off the services in both modes.
    At least that's how I handle it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. conniethunder

So this IS a bug and should be fixed. :)
    Regardless of how I decide to play a 'level', I shouldn't have to repeat it 2 or 3 times just to complete the other modes of game play, that is just senseless.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s not a bug it’s the way it was designed. The tick is to show you have completed the task in the Journey. For the timetable services that are included, special weather presets are used in Journey mode, so they are not exactly the same. The main idea of Journey mode is that you play it first to get a good selection of things to do. If you would rather choose things manually then it doesn’t really matter that they don’t have a tick in Journey mode. It’s not mandatory to complete it. If you have played it elsewhere first that is always your choice to do so and you don’t need to play it again. All the training and scenarios are normally in Journey mode so you can just play them from there first to get the tick.

• Like Like x 2
  7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a "real" bug. You have to keep in mind that journey mode didn't exist at the beginning and was added to TSW 2020 later. It only consists of a selection of timetable mode services to show you as much variety on the route as possible without a full timetable. Personally, I think it's even good that it is the way it is.

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It does seem that way on the face of it, but as stujoy said, it's more themed doing it through the Journey mode, eg in SEHS, the chapters follow seasons, so you do your training and a few scenarios in Chapter 1, then you have Chapter 2 - Summer High Speed, Chapter 3 - Autumn Commuter, Chapter 4 - Winter Time.

Chapter 4 is made up of timetable services, but if you could just do those services in summer conditions, you'd miss out on the slippy slidey snow action. If you want the Journey ticks, you have to brave the blizzard!

9. Jonsutt1

Jonsutt1 Active Member

I believe Matt said that you get the tick in Journey mode to show that you've played it at the time of year and with the weather the developer intended.

• Helpful Helpful x 1