Two New American Routes!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by haninl0610, Sep 7, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To date the US has not been especially well-served with regard to rolling stock, even though there are now a decent number of routes. We have two SD40s, two F40PHs, the AC4400, C40-8W, F7 and GP38, plus the new ACS-64 and the line-specific M7, M3 and Baby Bullet. That's not a lot compared to Germany or especially the UK.

2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

At least an ES44AC, and SD70ACe are coming.

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I do hope we get some period routes set in the 50's and 60's so we can capture the last days of steam and be able to get first and second generation diesels. In my thinking - the Horseshoe curve would have an excellent period route

• Like Like x 2
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

very like emd sd70ace

• Like Like x 1
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Come on, folks, how wouldl DTG be able to sell us loco DLC later if they included multiple engines with the routes?

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That wouldn't seem to hurt. GWE came with three, DLGW sold well. NTP came with three; the HFP sold well. TVL came with three, but that hasn't harmed sales of the 20 and 31. SPG came with three, and although the C40-8 wasn't a huge seller, that has more to do with the limited audience for US freight and the fact that the C40 released buggy. And there has been one loco DLC for all the older German routes, which come with or layer in multiple trains.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Oh yes! The TS version came with a Pennsy F7 and GP7, to which was later added the PRR K4, Baldwin Centipede and Sharknose, the DR 6-4-2000 and The Broadway Limited.
    Will we ever see the likes of such content in TSW? Not unless 3rd parties like Reppo and DTM get involved.

(I think I should stop harking back to TS and comparing it to TSW. Most console players won't know what I'm talking about and, in any case, it's apples and oranges.)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The Japanese Odakyu route would be epic. Very frequent stopping and fast acceleration. Numerous rollingstock.

Also a route just out of Chicago, Aurora through Shabonna to Oregon Illinois, a higher speed route with containers and single track. FUN!!! It is around 63 miles long. A little more or less..... BNSF. And they could do the Union Pacific as it meets/crosses at Rochelle (from Geneva to Clinton). Containers are faster than the hilly routes and a bit like Dresden...not slow.

The new German route Dresden is amazing.

I hope they get the tempo going.,....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2021