Dresden - The Definitive Feedback Thread.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 31, 2021.

1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you didn't slow down quickly enough and got caught by the GPA (Geschwindigkeitsprüfabschnitt). For 120 km/h you need to be below 135 km/h 355 meters before the new speed limit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. cwf.green

It is more prototypical. The rolling stock now follow UIC timings for R,P and G-brakes (in R-brake it takes 3-5 seconds to achieve 95% of full service brake cylinder pressure after emergency and it takes 15-20 seconds to reach 0.4 bar after releasing from full service.)

The door brakes you encountered is part of the TAV door system that (among other things) applies direct brake when doors are released and engages traction lock.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In general thanks to TAV (didn't know what it was called, thanks) I find it helps to release the train brake as soon as the doors open, since the train won't roll but the system can be mostly released before it's time to depart.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Franck69

Franck69 Member

by far, I had almost reached the speed of 120 km / h and there were still about 350 meters to go

5. cwf.green

Can you give the exact location?

EDIT: You said you passed a sign, in this case I'm not sure what could cause a penalty brake application if you were actually below 135 km/h 355 before the Lf7 sign. Perhaps at this specific location the track speed drops to 120 km/h some way after the Lf7 sign which means that you were below 135 km/h 350 meters before the track speed change but not before the sign (and thus tripped the GPA).

This would be even more likely if it was not actually a sign but a signal that warned of the upcoming speed reduction since TSW usually don't change track speed right at the signal locations but a signal speed reduction will still have (afaik) a GPA if the speed goes from 160 km/h to 120 km/h for example.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  6. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Funny thing about the first S1 journey. I spawned on foot at Coswig, but was still able to complete the scenario, but only with silver. Just waiting for the train to arrive from Meissen, then ride as a passenger. I wasn't able to take over and drive the service by myself.

• Like Like x 1
  7. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

Clock hit 4 pm as I was rolling into Nunchritz. All the street lights came on. Nicely done guys. :)

8. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Having just watched some part of a cab ride vid of a BR193 leaving Dresden up to Az, several things strike me.

- How you've nailed the feel of the route, it's so good.
    - How the locos need louder flange squeal and joint sounds inside of the cab.
    - How more freight services are needed.
    - How much we need a 193! Awesome sounding machines.

If BML is.as good as this, I'll be a very happy man. Well done guys.

• Like Like x 7
  9. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  10. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I'll always upvote this. Siemens Vectron is so ubiquitous in mainland Europe these days, we absolutely need it!! People will use the livery editor like never before, to create liveries for the approx. 1k different operators that use Vectrons. I can already see the FlixTrain reskin in front of me :p

• Like Like x 2
  11. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I noticed that the EL1v / EL1 / EL2 signals just before arriving into Riesa (approx km 71.0 to 71.6) are missing. I checked and they should still exist in the real world (and I believe they were on the TS DLC as well).

Even though they wouldn't do anything, would it be possible to bring them for TSW2 as well? It would add some more immersion. In the end its obviously up to you to switch the power off or not;)

Didnt want to open an extra thread on the suggestion forum, for something small like this, hence I post it here...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Wow the dispatcher just routed me on the track of an incoming train. I derailed heavy with the 101

• Like Like x 1
  13. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I noticed some shadows that were directed in the wrong direction. Priestwitz (spelling?) is to the left along with my Talent 2 with headlights on high, and the shadows are pointing back towards the station instead of the other way. You can clearly see it in between the tracks, but the speed limit 60 sign is also doing it (this is just a bad angle for that sign).
    My first thought was this is DFS's doing, but I also don't know enough about DFS and if it adapts to dynamic TOD lighting so idk..., but this definitely looks weird

20210913003852_1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

finally the excitement factor is in

BRAKE TEST!!!
    :mad:

• Like Like x 2
  15. breblimator

breblimator Guest

overkill, maybe

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  16. solicitr

And with all that power, it still can't go over 120!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Cab car shortage hits hard in former East Germany.

• Like Like x 7
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They are all in the loco selection screen, so there’s none left for the actual trains.

• Like Like x 2
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It would be malicious if it were not so funny and true :D
    I dream of order "in Dostos..."

Ordnung muß sein \o/

• Like Like x 2
  20. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Well you could always end up with two cab cars and no loco :D

• Like Like x 3
  21. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Probably how the TWINDEXX Vario came to be :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Then they've spent a couple of years solving why it doesn't move :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Here's some feedback.

I should point out that I've only driven in daylight so far. Just a couple of scenarios.

But I'm actually very impressed with the Dresden route. It's much better on my computer than it ever was on any of the streams, though I don't know why exactly.
    Much more AI traffic, in fact honest to goodness rush hour volume and even more than Boston.
    The trains are a joy to drive so far.
    The route itself is modeled to a high standard.
    It's good to have some freight mixed in, though more is needed.

I already know I won't like the night lighting, but I'll try some night runs. Who knows, it also might look better on my machine than it did in the streams.

I guess the moral of the story is to largely discount the stream video (though not the audio) when judging a new route, though what else do we have?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  24. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I am just as impressed although I have stuck completely to the timetable for now. Every train is a joy to drive, with only the high frequencies in the MRCE cab sound standing out as something wrong. Selecting the right versions of the locos isn’t easy in the timetable menu as the old versions come up as default in some cases. I’m particularly enjoying the Talent 2 on this route. There’s a lot to do and when the branch line and more services are added it is going to be without doubt the best German route for me. I have tried some night runs and the more I do the more things I dislike about the way it is lit. It’s not just about the lack of ambient light for me now, it’s how bright but uneven the lights on roads etc shine on the ground. The contrast between the over bright lights and the total black is just too much. It’s not spoiling my enjoyment of the route too much though, as I can just drive when there is at least some daylight and ignore the bits that are too bright.

Other than that aspect of it, the scenery is very good throughout and the route itself is such a good choice. Personally, I’ve not come across any bugs yet, which is unusual for a new route, except I did spot some cars sinking into the road at one point. I can’t say where it was and haven’t spotted it again since but it did look exactly like a flooded road as the roads have wet textures in the rain that can look a bit like rivers, so it made me laugh. All the dubious things about the scenery are to do with roads and more specifically the traffic on them but it’s no worse than the behaviour in other routes, and it is a minor point really. Some of the stations and bespoke buildings in this route are outstanding and this and the other things put it out there as a route for others to live up to in the future.

If you add up the number of included trains, the diverse service pattern, the scenery items and the general look of the route, it really is a gem. London Commuter will have to do well to beat this as the best Rush Hour route.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree with you about the stations being beautifully modeled. I would pick out Dresden Neustadt as particularly impressive. I also haven't found any bugs to speak of, although I'm sure there are some that other players have found.

Overall, I guess we can say that the Rush Hour Season Ticket is proving to be a real bargain so far. The first two routes have, as you say, raised the bar for London Commuter. As I wrote last week, I think the anticipation and excitement for the final route will be at fever pitch in the next 2 or3 weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  26. chieflongshin

I echo I think Brighton has a lot to live up to now. I do hope they let us enjoy this for a week or two. Much as I'm interested in Brighton I also hope Matt doesn't have to sit in stream and there be any blinding errors

I hope there is a good selection of trains etc. With Brighton I'd love it if there was a train drop in the route we had zero idea was coming or being made which isn't a rehash or a model variant of an existing one

• Like Like x 2
  27. paul.pavlinovich

That is funny, what service is that?

28. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Chapter 4, RE15 :)

• Like Like x 1
  29. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Well-Known Member

I had a buggy intro into one of the trains last night.
    I may have gone too quick for the "check points" as I vaguely knew what I was doing, but it said waiting to build air pressure, even though it had, I started anyway hoping it would sort itself out, it didnt in time, and I think completely missed the middle Dresden station...which confused me and it even more.
    I restarted it, did nothing different and it worked...
    Strange but true :)

• Like Like x 1
  30. solicitr

This is where the new UI becomes especially problematic: with the head-on view in the train selection screen, it's very difficult to tell which version you're getting. PLEASE, DTG, bring back 3/4 views and the outdoor setting!

• Like Like x 8
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Indeed, a bit too high frequency, probably / in comparison / RRO version is the same.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  32. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

This very same thing happened to me the other day! At Dresden Mitte I got a stop signal, going towards Riesa, called dispatcher and got a shunting signal onto the adjacent track, and then came upon an oncoming S-Bahn service and went head on with them.. :|

• Like Like x 1
  33. chieflongshin

I’ve had a couple of pzb stops where I’ve been acknowledging the speed, been below it and it’s still stopped me. I’d tapped pzb a couple of times over one magnet just outside Coswig and it still did it

34. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There are frequent track changes in Coswig area. I am not sure, the signaling fully takes this into account. I suggest staying below 60 kph. I have had adventures similar to yours :)

• Like Like x 1
  35. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Impressive this video, the 0-100km/h with a BR 185 :)

• Like Like x 2
  36. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Indeed. They can shoot off like rockets when not pulling anything :D

• Like Like x 3
  37. paul.pavlinovich

Someone posted a cab ride video that showed the noise is authentic.

• Like Like x 2
  38. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The noise is authentic, in that it does actually exist in the real thing. But it is too loud. I much prefer the volume of the noise in the DB BR 146.2.

Besides, I should not be able to hear the buzzing from my own locomotive's cab when passing a 185.5!

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  39. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

There's a couple of GPA speed check magnets which should be set to around 120kmh on the approach to Coswig. Apparently they've been set to 70 in error. This might be the cause.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. paul.pavlinovich

lol yes you probably shouldn't here it from another train! I had SIFA go off in the 143 yesterday and I could not here it in my cab but if I went into the Dosto it was hauling I could. Sounds.

41. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes quite. I opened a ticket, at DTG, 2/3 weeks ago, this should be solved. To be continued

42. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Can we get the HVAC sounds back in the Dosto cab please?

Also the RSN version of the Dosto had a tap level display under the force meter, it's gone missing in the BDR incarnate..it is hard to work out when to shut off power without it.

• Like Like x 1
  43. breblimator

breblimator Guest

In my opinion, the sounds are very good this time. There is, of course, room for improvement.
    From best to worst (re-done trains only): 146 > 143 > 442 > 185 // I like them all \o/

I think, 442 & 185 are unchanged (SKA & RRO versions) / BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  44. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

That "buzz" sound in the BR 185.5 really annoyed me at first because I didn't know whether or not it was prototypical, but then someone posted a video of a real BR 185.5 (in this thread) showing that the sound was indeed prototypical- and since then I've appreciated the authentic sounds within the cab of the BR 185.5.

• Like Like x 3
  45. chieflongshin

I think I played the 185 through headphones. I thought I had tinnitus initially

• Like Like x 1
  46. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I haven't tried all the trains yet, but I think the new "physics" (SIfa alarm, brakes response, etc) applied to 185.5 is the right way to go. Well done Dovetail!

• Like Like x 4
  47. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Has that noise been volumed down from the RRO 185 or is it exactly the same?

48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

For me, it sounds the same.

49. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I do have tinnitus, may be the reason I don’t mind the 185….. :)

• Like Like x 3
  50. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

As I've said before, these sounds are more noticeable with 5.1 because the rear engine/converter noises seem to be passed to your side/rear speakers.