Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr: Preserved Collection Upgrade Wishlist

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Aug 8, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, preserved collection work is still ongoing, and there are many routes that still need to be updated, and when those are done, the cycle starts all over again. Therefore I'm making a few wishlists for things to come with the Preserved Collection upgrades. Feel free to let me know what else you'd like to see in the replies, and I'll probably include it on this wishlist.

Implementation of new systems:
    • Working PIS systems on stations
    • Rush Hour passenger system
    • Wet platforms
    • Improved track rendering
    • Livery editor for included and DLC locomotives/multiple units (DB BR 422, DB BR 425)
    • Dynamic PIS for included and DLC locomotives/multiple units (DB BR 422, DB BR 425), as these layer onto some other routes, like HMA and SKA, where the newer dynamic system would mean they show correct destinations on those routes aswell.
    • TSW 2 skies
    • Improved lighting and reflective signs, as seen with Riesa - Dresden
    Timetables, layers and substitution:
    • ICE services, all operated by the BR 406 (and 403 for those that own HMA). If the ICE 1, 2, and/or 4 ever get added, they can substitute on these new services. The ICE services follow very similar patterns to the IC services.
    • Usage of the newer, improved Dostos from HHL (no blue light shining through the roof, dynamic destination boards), for those that own this DLC
    • Double headed freight services, for some variety
    • MRCE BR 182 and BR 185.5 substitution. On freight services, these locos would be good to see, so I hope as long as licensing permits it, these locos will substitute on some freight services.
    • IC service update? Longer consits, and longer runs, where possible, but I don't know how much work could be done here. Also perhaps player-only DB BR 182 substitution on the IC services, of this is possible.
    Other desired improvements:
    • More highrise buildings placed around Essen Hbf, compared to real life, it feels like some highrise buildings around the station are missing, making it feel like it is way less urban than in real life. (see picture below)
    • Fixes to stopping positions at Bochum Hbf, currently all trains except the S-bahn services stop before the platform roof at Bochum, which is not prototypical. They should stop next to the roofs, so the passengers don't get wet.
    [​IMG]

I know not all of these wishes might be possible, but It's just a wishlist (in no particular order by the way). It is also a very personal one, so onceagain, if you have things you'd like to see, let me know and I'll probably add them to the list. The preserved collection work is really appreciated! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 28
  2. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Wirth this Update I Hope they would also improve the IC Services, because they are very short and Most of then Just Run from Duisburg to Essen. Also in realty the train are much longer than 7 Cars.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

I don't know exactly how much can be done while still being realistic and true to real life, but I've added it to the list.

4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I only want to have the Steuerwagen and some other wagons for the IC like the Bordbistro, that would make the IC much more perfect, but otherwise an ICE 1 or 2 would also be really cool

• Like Like x 1
  5. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Yes totally I would pay for it

• Like Like x 2
  6. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The texture glitches are on all trains need to be fixed, specially on the Cockpit and also on the Stations.

The Stations and the 425 are all overlights

7. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean a WRMz 137 carriage. If DTG can get automated announcements the DB BR425 Dostos DB BR422s use Ingo Ruff voice. Doppelstockwagen RE1 Announcements work for both Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen and Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr.

• Like Like x 1
  8. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

No, the IC-Cab car is meant.

• Like Like x 1
  9. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

WRmz 137 aren't the cab car, WRmz 137 are the former IC BordRestaurant-coaches. They are out of service since 2013. Only a few WRmz 134 are still in use. Most ICs run with the ARkimmbz 288, the former IR BordBistro-coaches

• Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Ok then.

11. jolojonasgames

Do you know why they chose the IR bistro coaches over the IC ones? I thought the coaches the IR ones were based on were way older than the IC ones.

12. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Got one important thing (if it hasn‘t been changed since I last played HRR):
    The stopping positions at Bochum Hbf. All trains (except S1) have to stop outside the roof area of the platforms which does not make sense (and in real life trains stop in the area where the roofs are and not outside this area)

• Like Like x 1
  13. jolojonasgames

Added it in, aswell as a request for improved ligthing and reflective signs as seen on Riesa - Dresden, which is something I'll add to all my wishlists. I'm also probably going to make a master thread for my wishlists, so DTG has a clear oversight. I'd also be happy to take wishlists from others into that master thread :).

14. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes yes every point on that list I agree with. I hope they do this update soon

15. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I'm really sad that HRR is so short, how much longer would it be if the route would be from Bochum to Dortmund?

• Like Like x 2