PlayStation Db Br 101 Goes Missing From Riesa Dresden Every Time I Leave The Game

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tigert1966, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It seems I'm the only one with this issue, but I still hope there is a chance of getting it fixed.

Current Situation :

I purchased the DB BR 101. It did not appear in Reisa Dresden, but it does appear in Hamburg Lubeck and Hauptstreke Rhein Ruhr.

Even though it does not appear in Riesa Dresden, it has increased the number of services available to 350, so it knows the DB BR 101 is there, it just won't let me select it.

Workaround :

1) On the Home Screen click options then manage content.
    2) Delete Riesa Dresden
    3) Launch the Game
    4) Go to the Dovetail Store in game and re download Riesa Dresden (Good job I have fast internet)
    5) Wait for it to appear - The DB BR 101 will now be available.

This workaround will only lat as long as the game is running. As soon as I play another game, or restart my console. The DB BR 101 will no longer be available in Riesa Dresden, though as mentioned the number of services will be correct as if it were there.

On my PS4 I haven't found any workaround.

Other things I have tried on the PS5:

1) Restart in Safe Mode and Clear Cache
    2) Restore Licenses
    3) Reset PS 5 to Factory Settings (it's new there was nothing else on it).

PS5 is running the latest version of the game and the latest PS 5 update.

I don't know what else to try. I have seen from YouTube videos and from the forum that I seem to be the only one with this issue. I'm willing to try other things if anyone has a suggestion.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tigert1966

Additional Info

The German DLC I own are :

Riesa Dresden
    Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr
    Munich Augsburg
    Hamburg Lübeck.
    Rapid Transit
    Main Spessart Bahn

I checked with someone who isn’t having this problem and they have all the German DLC. So maybe there is some extra dependency that there shouldn’t be. I’m not going to buy all the rest just to check!

3. floris91

floris91 New Member

I'm having the exact same problem. Hopefully DTG can do something about this.

Console: Base PS4

German DLC i own:
    - Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr
    - Riesa Dresden
    - Rhein Ruhr Osten
    - Hamburg Lubeck
    - Rapid Transit
    - Main Spessart Bahn
    - Ruhr Sieg Nord

4. floris91

floris91 New Member

Forgot to mention:
    The Riesa Dresden route crashes every time I start it in timetable mode. It does work in the scenario editor.

5. Conrad

Conrad Member

Same problem.
    PS5, BR101 has timetable only in HRR

6. Tigert1966

I also had that issue to start with, but since I reinstalled many times trying to fix it, that issue went away. Deleting from the console home and reinstalling Riesa Dresden will let me use the 101, but only until I exit the game, then it's gone again.

7. Tigert1966

I got a response from DTG to my ticket. They have flagged it for further investigation, which probably means it's gone on the end of a long list of issues.

They also suggested I contact Sony and ask them to manually flush my licence cache. I'll update this thread once I hear back from them.

Strangely the DB BR 101 never seems to show up as AI either. The coaches do, but always hauled by a DB BR 143.

8. haiopais

haiopais New Member

Same problem on my PS4 either. The 101 doesn't show up in services. And yes, I own HRR ;)

9. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Same for me.

10. Conrad

Conrad Member

11. Ps4Player

12. Tigert1966

I agree, totally different issue. As I said I got a reply from DTG suggesting I contact Sony and ask for my licences to be manually flushed. I still don't have.a response from Sony.

Would be nice if somebody from DTG would acknowledge this like they are doing with the other missing DLC issues and gather some information for Sony rather than leaving it up to ourselves. It's clearly affecting multiple people but I guess they have to deal with the issues that have the biggest impact first.

13. Conrad

Conrad Member

This is not a license problem for me.
    BR101 works well in HRR, the license is ok.
    The problem is the implementation in Dresda and Koln.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tigert1966

It works fine in Hamburg Lübeck as well. Doesn't mean it's not a licence problem. How do you know there isn't a separate licence for the 101 for each route? Not sure why you mention Köln, it's not supposed to layer into that route anyway.

I still think it's very likely to be something to do with licensing or at least something to do with the way the store is handling it as I can delete the route and reinstall within game and it works. It just disappears again the moment I switch games. But I have no idea how either TSW 2 or the Playstation Store works, so whatever it is, I'll just have to wait for them to fix it.

15. Ps4Player

I only bought the BR 101 to drive it ON Dresden Riesa and now it's not showing up. Not very satisfying.
    I know dtg reads every thread, but it would be cool to acknowledge the issue actively.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tigert1966

Same here + I had to buy Rhein Ruhr as well which I had already played on PC. They seem to be on the case with other missing DLC, so hopefully they've picked this one up as well but would be good to know. I'm already bored of deleting the DLC and re-downloading it every time I want to use the BR 101.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tigert1966

Here is some more info for DTG. PS5 version again. I had the idea that maybe although I couldn't select the BR 101. Maybe if I spawned on foot at the time it is due to depart or I launched another service at around the same time and gave it up, I would be able to take over the BR 101 service.

This does not work. Any attempt to launch any timetable service for any loco at any time or to spawn on foot results in the game crashing completely Error Code CE-108255-1. In fact the only thing that will work are scenarios. So this is a bit more serious than just the 101 missing. Once it has gone missing, I cannot play the route.

NOTE also that the workaround I quoted above only works when reinstalling from within the game. If you reinstall from the Playstation Store it does not reappear. So looks like the in game store is setting things correctly but these settings are not (or cannot) be saved.

Finally I checked and when I purchased TSW2, it was the Deluxe Edition including the season pass at it was purchased on my Switzerland account.

Annoyingly, I cannot add this information to my existing ticket as DTG have moved to Freshdesk now and it won't let me update my old Kayako ticket.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. haiopais

haiopais New Member

DTG Natster could you give us informartion, if you are aware of this?

• Like Like x 4
  19. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Yep I'm in the same boat, can't launch timetable at all on Dresden crashes for everything with a CE-108255-1 code, scenarios work fine. Plus the 101 is only available on HRR. Have done a full delete and re-install, restored licenses etc several times but to no avail.
    PS4.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ps4Player

So I have the same Problem. As a solution I made a fresh installation, only base game and Dresden Riesa. It was working.
    Now I installed every German Addon again, and now the game keeps crashing again - always in Dresden Riesa. Sorry, this game is BROKEN and this situation is really unacceptable for a console game! This needs also an urgent look at!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Tigert1966

Great - Looks like DTG can’t do a migration from one Helpdesk to another. They just closed my ticket without resolving it.

Have raised it again on the new system. Still no response from Sony either.

• Like Like x 1
  22. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Same here on PS4. States 350 routes on timetable and I still have the problem of no BR101 . Did anyone watch the stream tonight ? I am hoping it was mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  23. goochdog#5870

DTG JD . Sorry mate is this being looked into as I’ve not seen mention of it by any DTG peeps

24. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

I'm worried they just think this is related to the PlayStation missing routes issue. I've logged a ticket so will see if I get a response.

• Like Like x 1
  25. goochdog#5870

Yeah , DTG do seem strangely quiet on this

26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Bump to add my name to the list of people who bought the 101 specifically to use with Dresden, and now can't because it doesn't show up in the loco list and makes every other timetable service crash (PS5).

27. Tigert1966

Just heard back from Sony after following DTG’s suggestion of asking them to manually flush the licence cache. They did not do it and just told me again how to restore my licences on the PS5..,, or to contact the game developer- So that could go round in circles.

I already tried restoring my licences, so that doesn’t help. So still stuck hoping that DTG will fix it.

28. goochdog#5870

Thanks for that . This is getting really frustrating now

29. Tigert1966

Yes, beginning to regret switching to PlayStation from PC. The combination of TSW2 and the PlayStation store seems a bit of a nightmare at the moment and PlayStation support is nowhere near as helpful as Steam on PC.

• Like Like x 1
  30. haiopais

haiopais New Member

I submitted a ticket too and got the following response:

• Like Like x 1
  31. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I bought the BR101 yesterday on PS4 and now Dresden doesn't work at all anymore. The game crashes when I select the Dresden route. This is not related to Playstation license issues. This is just bad coding on the part of dovetail.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

You'll have to re-install without the 101 if you wish to run Dresden. It's a known problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Thank you, you are a lifesaver. I'm quite new to the game so by your answer I realise I still don't get a lot about this game. What is this topic about then? I thought this topic was about Dresden and the BR101 as well.

34. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

It is, there are problems on both PS4 and PS5 on Dresden.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

No need to actually reinstall anything, just delete the 101 from your game content menu and it should start working again. You can then reinstall the 101 when they've fixed it!

36. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

You do on the PS4, which is what I believe he's playing on. We don't have such luxuries on the 4!

• Like Like x 2
  37. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Issue still there after the newest patches.