Ts19: Réseau Renaissance

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Dec 20, 2018.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Given the current lack of reply, I don't think there's any community managers either.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Jamie's got other stuff on his hands, like Workshop Wednesday and such, but my guess is this is of the lowest priority, though I don't think it should be.

3. LucasLCC

It has been three months since a reply from DTG, so it appears to be purposefully ignored.

4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on this. We know we've taken some time to respond to this and the reasons are simply because we wanted to take the time to properly evaluate your feedback and correlate that with the work we've done already. Unfortunately, right now, we feel the work that has been done on an update for this add-on is not sufficient to meet your expectations and we've taken the decision to not release it. Sadly, not everything you want to see fixed has been fixed due to internal concerns and we need to review what additional work is required to bring it up to standard. With this in mind, we are taking the add-on off sale temporarily whilst we scope out the remaining work and get it planned into the current schedule.

We appreciate that this decision is not going to be popular but we feel this is the best course of action to ensure everyone gets the update they have been waiting for. Once we have more information to share, we'll update you. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

• Like Like x 4
  5. NEC Railfan

Well I guess this is a step in the right direction, it's now less words and more action.

6. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Interesting that only a pantograph model fix isn't feasible?
    It is just a model issue.

Wondering when it goes offline temporarily if it ever comes back. As this decision took almost 3 years.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Lol

Wow. Just wow

• Like Like x 2
  8. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Why do you have to take it offline at all? That's where the update function of Steam is for. The fact that you take 3 years to answer to 'fix' this is already bad, but that you have to take it offline makes me think that it will never come back because of rights or something else.

Can you tell what you are gonna fix before you take it offline?

9. LucasLCC

What work has been done then? Given three years of "we are working on it", it can only confirm that you haven't even touched the DLC.

10. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Taking it off sale, but still giving it a last goodbye by discounting it by 55% in the current sale!

Not that I agree with you withdrawing it, but do you at DTG actually speak to one another?

Left hand "It's being withdrawn".
    Right hand "It's in the latest sale".

11. Rob Jansen

And it's gone, now the waiting begins if DTG will bring this back in the future.

Screenshot_20210526-185537_Brave.jpg

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  12. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

to tell you the truth i don't think it ever come back. reason i feel DTG jamie is most likely the only staff member on ts2021 game. everyone else is ether let go from covid or move to tsw2 team. but i could be wrong.

13. NEC Railfan

To be honest, I think you might be right. DTG now just manages the distribution to Steam at this point.

14. atomicdanny

atomicdanny Staff Member

Not true :) There are still a few people on TS1 :), but we can only do what we are told to do. (I can't comment any more than that - as it isn't my place to comment about DTG, that would be the community team :) )

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Jansen

There is a small team working on TS add-ons still, not only Jamie managing everything.
    Not that long ago with the trains weekend there were interviews. Rob Payne is a producer on TS add-ons for managing that part.

16. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Well, few people working on TS1, I hope this is not a sign that the game is ending.

17. LucasLCC

Third parties will continue to carry TS1 for a long time yet. There's no real alternative. As nice as TSW is, the content is minimal and the lack of an editor means that it's unlikely DTG will cover all of the UK in my lifetime.

18. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

People were also complaining about the lack of interaction in the cab.
    The TGV Duplex has more switched to operate although that is still poor compared with Third Part Releases

Like the Sim Express Locos

19. LucasLCC

DTG Jamie - would appreciate a reply...

20. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Here is reply further up in the thread:

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts on this. We know we've taken some time to respond to this and the reasons are simply because we wanted to take the time to properly evaluate your feedback and correlate that with the work we've done already. Unfortunately, right now, we feel the work that has been done on an update for this add-on is not sufficient to meet your expectations and we've taken the decision to not release it. Sadly, not everything you want to see fixed has been fixed due to internal concerns and we need to review what additional work is required to bring it up to standard. With this in mind, we are taking the add-on off sale temporarily whilst we scope out the remaining work and get it planned into the current schedule.

We appreciate that this decision is not going to be popular but we feel this is the best course of action to ensure everyone gets the update they have been waiting for. Once we have more information to share, we'll update you. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

21. LucasLCC

My original reply was in response to that. Unfortunately Jamie's response doesn't actually demonstrate what work has been done and what they actually plan on doing.

22. Michael Newbury

I actually think it does, it is obvious that the update they planned to release was not going to fix things sufficiently and they now have to go back and figure out what it will take to fix it properly and to the standards of what we expect.

23. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Personally I think it's gone in the too difficult and can't be bothered box which is labelled "B1N"

24. Rob Jansen

The description that has been given by DTG Staff always has been a bit vague as 'internal concerns' and 'doesn't meet expectations'.
    What still is and remains until we see a re-release is that 'once we have more information' could be a very, very, veeeeery long time.

Possibly we see a lock on this topic until DTG is ready to almost release it again.
    If it is going to be a 'v2' release, hopefully just an update, not a completely new release that has to be bought again like a previous route where the branding was removed from a JustTrains route (the Cornish Main Line).

25. cykarail#8236

cykarail#8236 New Member

I think DTG has only temporarily withdrawn the TGV Réseau from steam, while the patch is taking place I suppose, it is said that DTG could simply patch the patch and not withdraw it from sale but in my opinion they did this to avoid get bad marks for this TGV again. My hypothesis is yet to be verified

26. Rob Jansen

The patch that was done 2.5 years ago but never deployed but promised each time with soon™?

I'll just wait with the stopwatch until they release it.

• Like Like x 4
  27. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

Best put a fresh battery in it, assuming the stopwatch has a quartz movement... ;)

28. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

It has been two months since the product was taken offline... Is there any outlook on the update soon?

29. Michael Newbury

Unlikely that there will be a update anytime soon.

30. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

31. LucasLCC

Nearly three months later and still silence...

Removing the product from sale does nothing to appease those of us who purchased this...

When can we expect the fix that has been mentioned on numerous occasions?

32. Michael Newbury

I do not see anything happening at this point with this DLC.

33. Koplopermau

Koplopermau Member

Today the Train Simulator Explorer Collection was announced, yet the TGV Réseau Pack is still not available. What takes so long to update this pack? It would fit on the LGV quite perfectly. Also no single update on what is getting fixed or any updates whatsoever. Can we have an update on the status of this train?

• Like Like x 4
  34. LucasLCC

It takes so long because they have zero intention of doing it. From the beginning of this thread they have consistently lied to their customers. It does not take two years to fix these issues.

• Like Like x 7
  35. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

DTG Jamie
    I think it's always better to release a half fix than not releasing at all. Unless there is so much testing involved that you want to fix the other half.
    Retrospectively, I guess you guys have been working on TS 2022 upgrades, so that's great!
    Whenever I get to a route, I play it, and likely never again, as there are so many. I appreciated the (2017) NEC update, not to mention the 2012 things.
    People do appreciate small updates. The review score for TS has improved a lot by adding 64 bit. Did it change much? No.

One idea that you can communicate is trying to change little things that you can pretty much confidently release with a code review and component testing. For example, NS Coal District: if / when you fixed power curves, you didn't need to move the loco. But now that you did, you could change the scenario by only moving that loco. Or a similar complaint, add those 2 minutes to the timetable of Monumental P1. Or remove 15 cars from the consist.

I guess you see where I'm going. Agile, continuous integration, continuous delivery. Goes wrong? Roll back.
    It's a natural trend to react on incidents overly carefully over time, building DTAP, rigorous testing and all, but it eventually suffocates. It's like having 25 locks on your door. Legal wants a solution, so they add the 26th. No. Wrong way.
    New releases are different.

• Like Like x 4
  36. dimitrichevailler

dimitrichevailler New Member

Hi again.

I give up. Waiting month and month. At the end ? Nothing. I’m deeply gutted. Spent some money for a product that seemed okay. I compare this DLC with a scam.

I’ll never purchase a DLC from DTG. I just thrust thirds parties studios like RSSLO, SimExpress, SkTrains. They deserve all of our attention because they are doing a better job than DTG.

37. LucasLCC

Unfortunately DTG seem to have forgotten where the reply button is.

DTG Jamie - An update please.

• Like Like x 1
  38. VictorHugoVS

VictorHugoVS Active Member

Can we have any updates on this DTG?

39. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah they're still working on it - after all it does take like 3 years to fix some sounds and a few glitches ;)

40. LucasLCC

I feel sorry for Dave* who has been working nonstop for three years to fix this.

* Names have been changed for privacy reasons

• Like Like x 1
  41. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why does it take 3 years to fix this when new DLC can be created in a lot less time?

• Like Like x 2
  42. LucasLCC

43. Random Railfan

Me waiting almost 3 years for the update to come out
    [​IMG]

44. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I can see this going in one of two directions... a) this thread continues to grow as they continue to ignore the issues, or b) they lock the thread. I have zero faith that they will ever fix this. It is a disgrace how they have treated this situation.

• Like Like x 3
  45. LucasLCC

Sadly I think that's the case too, however I'm more than happy to poke the fire until we get a patch.

• Like Like x 3
  46. Rob Jansen

I am pretty sure that the fix has been done but waiting distribution, it was mentioned several times, by several people of DTG (some who don't even work there anymore) that it was in testing/translation etc, etc.

But it seems DTG isn't the simulator company they want to be, even though they acclaim to be it, otherwise they would care if their Add-ons were always maintained, updated.
    There is something like customer service, but it seems that doesn't include Train Simulator, as DTG only ever do fixes for DLC for this game/dlc if that specific DLC has been chosen to be in the yearly bundle as it was clearly the case with the 3 routes.

Remember the Christmas tree lights in Frankfurt-Koblenz? It was mentioned DAY ONE (maybe even before that during testing) but it took almost half a year for an update to come out.
    But then again, Smokebox, pretty well known, does regular updates.

Doesn't DTG should be an example of what people should do when developing for the game, updating their content and fixing issues reported?
    Somehow DTG leaders have in their heads that fixing stuff isn't worth it, but then again, people tend to not buy DTG items for several reasons, the one mentioned almost every time it once it has been released, it won't ever be updated again.
    When updating content, fixing stuff, it will sell better and bring in more money....

• Like Like x 3
  47. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

dose DTG still monitor ts2022 forum?

• Like Like x 1
  48. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Yes.

49. Random Railfan

They're still running contests and putting news up but they don't seem to be as active as they once were. I think they're starting to focus more and more on TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If I saw a new loco or route for TS20xx I would get it quickly if I wanted it.

Unfortunately Quality Control seems to have dropped off and the emphasis has moved to getting the product out on it's timeline which will have already been agreed. Even if the developers spot something there is no guarantee their comments will be acted on. So the product is below par which will put off potential purchasers.

DTG need to allow more time for testing before release.

• Like Like x 2