Issue With Final 2 Pzb Signals (haupstrecke Hamburg - Lubeck)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by blazingsoup, Sep 18, 2021.

1. blazingsoup

blazingsoup Member

Hi,

Hoping someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong as I can't figure it out, nor can I find any explanation online as to what I'm doing wrong.

I've been playing the Hamburg/Lubeck route for the past couple weeks, and I've been trying to get a feel for the PZB and SIFA systems in preparation for the Munich and Dresden routes I plan to do after. So far, I've gotten a good understanding of the signal meanings, the magnets, and reading the signage in general. However, there's one frustrating part of this route that I can not figure out for the life of me, and it's stopping me from fully enjoying this route and even the game to a degree. The part I'm referring to is
    the Lubeck to Hamburg section of the route, and specifically, the final 2 signals prior to arriving at Hamburg station. For both sets of these signals, the top signal reading is go, and the next signal reading is showing expect stop, which makes sense because I'm about to pull into the station. No matter WHAT I do though, each time I hit these sets of signals, the system immediately takes over and emergency brakes. I acknowledge the signal, I reduced speed to 40 km/h prior to hitting the signal, and I even reduced speed to 25 km/h (thinking maybe it was a 500mhz restricted magnet stopping me). Yet despite all this, every time, despite responding to the signals with no issues and having a great run up to that point, this stops me dead in my tracks.

Please, if anyone has any insight that I'm missing something, if this is a bug, or even if this is as intended, because it is extremely frustrating.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

From your explanation i cannot make out anything going wrong. Could you make a video, or some screenshots maybe when this problem occurs? That might help to get to the bottom of this.
    I would say it is not a general problem with the route, i ran it several times without problems, so we should be able to figure out what is going wrong :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes, tell us what service you took.
    In Hamburg, some services stop in the middle of platform 6 and the signal is on the left, personally I was fooled the first time because I had not seen it. Maybe the same reason for you?

• Like Like x 1
  4. blazingsoup

blazingsoup Member

My apologies guys, a little bit after I posted this I figured out my issue, and then forgot about the thread.

Basically, I was referring to the steep climb portion of the route (where it becomes a 2%+ gradient) just prior to the main Hamburg station, on track that goes to Hamburg from Lubeck. The issue I figured out I was having was I didn't realize there was two PZB signals I had to acknowledge almost back-to-back. I was looking down to press the button and acknowledge the first one, and then missing the 2nd signal. Fixed this by starting to use hotkeys for this, and it's been immensely easier.

Thank you both regardless