PC Br 204 Introduction

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GuitarMan, Nov 3, 2020.

1. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I have been unable to complete the BR 204 Introduction Scenario from Journey mode.
    Every time I complete as far as the speed reduction to 20 km/h then it asks to set the brakes to release.

It never recognises that the brakes have been set to release leaving me unable to complete the scenario.

• Like Like x 2
  2. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I had the same problem. I just played with the brake handle and after wangjangling it it recognizes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yep. Fannying about with the brake lever does work, but it’s a definite gremlin that needs exterminating.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. GuitarMan

Just keep wiggling it back and forth repeatedly then? will give that another go (had done a few times, regularly reached the buffers.. )

Thank you matjamca and diamondderp that worked eventually - no more gaps in my gold medal collection (that was the annoying bit) :D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

The br 204 is very particular with its brakes, you have to hold it on release until they’re empty, if you just put it in release then running they’ll still be applied.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Yes. You don't just set the Brake to Release and done deal. Look at your HUD, next to the speedometer there is circle (2nd from top) labeled BC. This stands for Brake Cylinders. Anything higher than zero means your brakes are essentially applied. You have to hold the brakes in Release until this bleeds off to 0 and as such, your brakes will be released.

7. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

There should also be a switch in front of the throttle wheel to release all breaking pressure faster if my mind doesn't play tricks on me

8. GuitarMan

It had been fully released to 0.0 in the Brake Cylinder many times before the game accepted it for the level. On the go I passed, it was about the 6th time after reducing to 20km/h I got the brakes fully released that it accepted it

9. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Time to necro this thread.
    I've had this DLC (204) for quite a while now but only now did I try it for the first time. The tutorial is still broken, almost a year after this bug was first reported. I am wiggling the brake for 20 mins now, am paying attention that DC goes to 0, stopped on open track and ran into the buffer, but it just won't recognize that the brakes are set to release.
    Very, very frustrating, as this not only means that I cannot complete the tutorial, but also that I can't get the complete all tutorials achievement and that I can't continue/complete journey mode.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021