After Updating Ps5 System Software: New Routes Not Visible

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appleerwin, Sep 15, 2021.

1. benuildo

benuildo Member

But why do some peoole, when they delete one route, get two routes back?
    And why did it work before the update? And why no problems on PS4?

• Like Like x 1
  2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I just tried pushing the Dresden, WSR and TVL as well as the Class 33, 31 and 20 to in stall on the PS5 from the PS app and nothings's happened. It did work when I had the GWE route missing. Oh well. Guess its down to the Sony boffins to work out then.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  3. PETE_CZE

PETE_CZE New Member

Hi . I own a PS5 and all DLCs except RUSH HOUR. I have both versions of the game installed at the same time. PS5 and PS4 (stable 60 fps is better than slightly nicer graphics).

PS5 version - I have no problem. The console menu shows me that I own 38 DLCs. The game menu shows me that I own 38 DLCs. I have an "offer" to buy two new DLCs in the console and in the game. So the PS5 version is still fine.

PS4 version - I already have a problem here. In the console menu, I only see 24 DLC (all are PRESERVED COLLECTION). All 24 DLCs show me that they are installed, but nothing more, no offer to buy Rush Hour, no more DLCs. The game menu shows me that I own 38 DLCs.

(For overview: The situation with the PS4 version occurred in August, I did not download any update, nothing, DLC disappeared from the console menu.
    I waited, I didn't even update the game, and I waited for the situation to resolve itself. I recently deleted the game, and installed both versions, and the status of the PS4 and PS5 is described above.)

Does anyone have the same problem? :)

And I'm sorry if it can't be read - I use a google translator.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

I am not missing a single route or loco, everything works as intended since launch day for me. All core content and Rush Hour content is functional. All my previously purchased DLC from TSW2020 were available for free and appear in game. Bought the PS5 version when it launched, never owned TSW2 on PS4. I'm in US region, and bought the Deluxe Edition with Rush Hour. I'm sorry to hear so many people are having issues but I wanted to share with the team that I haven't experienced any of these issues and want to thank them for their hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  5. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Excellent, my friend.

Can I ask how many route choices you have on the menu screen?
    And this after you installed Wednesday's PS5 o/s update?

6. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

So I've reinstalled everything in case Sony need to see the issue if I'm one of the cases they're looking at.

I'm back to missing the same 3 routes as before (Dresden, Oakville, Cane Creek) with the increased load time at start up.

I can confirm that the menu is showing 24 routes (so the 23 limit isn't the case) and they're all accessible.

7. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Ok, update from me.
    I’m on PS5 and a deleted all routes I have already completed. Now the game loads faster and my missing DLC that I wanted to play is back.
    The answer is simple for PS5 users. Delete some older DLC from the options in the main menu. Only keep or re download what you want. And it works a treat. Save files are fine too. I’m sure an update will fix this.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I'm sure many will want to avoid the download dance, so lets hope for a long-lasting fix.
    I'm still concerned as to why some folk are left unaffected, and others are. On such a new system, there can't be many iterations of the ps5 to make it so complex.

• Like Like x 1
  9. appleerwin

appleerwin Member

Small update: I removed some additional routes. Result: Dresden, Boston and Somerset are now all visible and playable again. My conclusion is that somehow there is a limit on the number of installed routes or on total memory usage. This also explains why some people see all the routes they have and some don’t.
    I now have 23 routes installed, but needed to uninstall 4 :(

10. benuildo

benuildo Member

For me it is unpossible to play Dresden route now because it always crashes while loading a service. :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just deleted RT, WSR & LIRR since those are my least played routes, redownloading Dresden - Riesa now so will update in 15 mins.

Update: Dresden DLC is now available for me to play, aswell as Boston Sprinter, load times are normal.

Definitely some buggery going on here, but if there’s DLC you don’t play I suggest deleting that if you wish to play other DLC.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I am not touching mine until it's resolved. I know there is a workaround to play the newer routes but really it's not working as designed. I would assume there was a plan to show the new Rush Hour route this Thursday, looking at the Railfan TV schedule, but now it just says TBA. When there were all the PS4 issues they also didn't show Dresden until it was all resolved

• Like Like x 3
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I want and use all my routes. Unless this goes on for many weeks, I’m not going to delete any old DLC to get the newer ones back. I’m hanging on for a permanent fix for now but if it does go on for a long time Long Island’s getting the chop first and after that I’ll struggle to choose what goes. In the last week alone, I think I’ve played at least one service on every route I own, and that’s all of them apart from Cane Creek and Hamburg Lübeck.

• Like Like x 5
  14. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I had been leaving Cane Creek til today for a good thrashing, ho well, I’ll do some sand patch instead…. I hear it’s lovely in the mountains this time of year!

I also see no point in stropping about this, it’s a ball ache that Sony will sort and it’s not DTG’s fault before people start going off on that <wink>

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Do you have the DB BR 101 and is it showing in the list of trains available for timetable mode. It's missing for me and this is what is causing the crash for every service.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i still have Dresden and GWE missing but im not doing nothing until everything is resolved and working properly. i paid for the routes and i expect to see them and be able to use them

17. benuildo

benuildo Member

Yes I have. I will try to delete the BR 101. Thanks.

18. gprili80

gprili80 Member

Background:
    • playing on PS5 with a new savegame since is not possible to import PS4 save
    • I have all DLC (all locos and routes)

I confirm after I deleted (still not used these after starting again on PS5):

Rapid Transit
    Tees Valley Line
    Canadian National Oakville Subdivision
    Northern Trans-Pennine

I'm now able again to "see" Boston and Dresden with all my savegame data still intact and everything works as it should be.
    I deleted 4 routes to be sure :)

Hopefully they will find a solution soon, but for now it does the trick to play the beautiful Dresden route!

19. Cleggy001

Cleggy001 New Member

Dresden
    Boston
    West Somerset
    All gone from my ps5

20. TinTin_57

Same 3 for me. Must be some common link as to why these 3

21. Stephen Crofts

Most recently created / edited timestamp on the file?

22. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Interesting I wonder if dovetail realized that there's a limit to what can be shown on the main screen because I think I have all but one root now I'm picking them up in sales and stuff along the way that's weird though that they don't show up they'll have to find a way to expand the main screen apparently

23. Stephen Crofts

The thing is though, there never was a limit before.

24. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Thanks for the continued updates, folks. It's certainly a bit of an odd one. As soon as I have more information, I'll share with you.

• Like Like x 4
  25. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

not unless sony told them this would happen after there system update.everything was fine before it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I'm also having this problem - it's very frustrating as I was loving the route! I dunno if it's related but I'm also regularly getting logged out of Dovetail Live

27. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

No issues here after the update, all routes and locos available

28. TinTin_57

It's pretty quiet. Hopefully this issue is still being looked at.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I was hoping for a bit of an update today, but must remain patient.

• Like Like x 3
  30. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Temporarily removing some less important routes seems to have done the trick here.

• Like Like x 1
  31. xsaw2121

xsaw2121 Active Member

Thanks for the update JD hopefully we get it fixed soon

32. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

I have just deleted two routes and Dresden and Boston sprinter have returned! Looks to be a limit of how much DLC you can have downloaded at any one time

• Like Like x 2
  33. Cleggy001

Cleggy001 New Member

I hope it gets sorted soon very frustrating, seems very odd that you have to delete older routes, before the update all was working well.

34. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Psn name same as my user name here boda09 and i am missing dresden

35. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

If there was a limit on how much DLC you can have on it at once than this problem would be on ps4 as well and possibly on a problem on xbox well

36. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That won’t be the issue as the DLC is still there it’s just hidden, if memory was the issue the game would just crash when loading up.

Why it is for some and not for others is weird, even weirder still is that it becomes visible after deleting other DLC, I suspect the issue will come down to a code conflict between the PS software and the game, why it is only effecting some users and not others is probably down a common connection that hasn’t been discovered yet.

• Like Like x 2
  37. TinTin_57

I believe the last update from DTG here in this thread was Monday. Has there been any progress?
    Sam mentioned it in the roadmap stream but couldn't add any status on it

38. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I fired up the PS5 version of the game last night and all my DLC routes and locos were present.
    The routes I don't have/not purchased are Arosa, HMA, Cane Creek, Clinchfield, Hamburg - Lubeck and LGV Med.
    I also haven't purchased these loco add-ons: DB BR 101, C40-8W, DB BR 363 and DB BR 204.

39. forteanjo

forteanjo Active Member

Yeah, think this is only an issue if you have more than 23 routes installed.

40. DTG JD

Hello folks. Another request from me, on behalf of the engineering team at Sony. Thanks for all who have helped so far.

Is anyone able to (privately) send me their PS ID if you're still experiencing the issue, and you haven't uninstalled/reinstalled any Add-ons to regain access to your more recent Add-ons?

What they're looking for essentially is an account which has been 'untouched' (i.e. you've not uninstalled/reinstalled any content) since last week's update.

By way of an update, as you can probably gather, we're still in discussions with Sony. Thanks once again for your patience.

41. TinTin_57

Thanks I just DM'd you as mine is untouched. I also have all DLC in the game

• Like Like x 1
  42. DTG JD

Thank you. I've passed it onto Sony - thanks for the quick reply!

43. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I have postponed the ps5 update to try to avoid this problem but I had to update because today I got the message that it was mandatory to be able to use the online features.
    Well, I was pleasantly surprised because my 24 routes still appear the same as before the update. So in my case the theory of the maximum 23 routes is not correct.
    I haven't noticed any increase in loading times either.
    I hope they find a solution for those who suffer this strange problem but I do not think it will be easy as it is not something that happens to everyone equally, as was the case with the problems in ps4 a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2
  44. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

We are fast approaching another weekend without a fix for this. I’m wondering whether it will be fixed before London Commuter is released. It must be something fairly complicated for it not to have been sorted by now.

• Like Like x 2
  45. TinTin_57

Now we know London Commuter stream is Friday 1st October we at least need it working by then. Hard to watch the next route when the previous two are still unavailable

• Like Like x 3
  46. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve took to deleting the Isle of White to get Dresden back. The wait was getting silly. Hopefully it’ll be fixed sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

While I’ve been following this thread having posted early on reporting the tiles don’t match…. I lost interest recently as the fix is nowhere in sight.

Don’t think or believe anyone has tried a full fresh install. Tried this on the 5 after a scrub of the game and reboot.

90gb later and playing while downloading they were all present and slowly started to appear during the day… close the game, open up and same issue as before. Buhahaha (losing it here)

(Have all routes) and please don’t tell me to delete some for newer routes, I want a fix not a workaround ;)

24 routes shown, most recent two still MIA
    (No I don’t mean they are at Miami international airport)

have a great weekend all :D

• Like Like x 1
  48. TinTin_57

At least Tynmar you are taking it in good spirits. Have a good weekend too

• Like Like x 1
  49. bwlyons

bwlyons New Member

I've done a full system restore of my PS5 and setup as new and still nothing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Haha TinTin_57 you have to with these things.

however..

while I wait for a fix I’m going to download IOW on the Xbox and get missing trophies in achievement form, wish they added these in the PS5 version of the game :D:D

bwlyons good effort. I was simply hoping a new install on the latest PS/OS would be sufficient but seems there is much more to it.