Cta Green Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lunar_Twisted, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Chicago "L" is a rapid transit system in the city of Chicago, Illinois. It is operated by Chicago Transit Authority or CTA and it's the 3rd busiest mass transit in United States and 4th largest rapid transit in United States. Chicago "L" has a total of 8 lines and they are as follows: Red Line, Orange Line, Yellow Line, Green Line, Blue Line, Purple Line, Brown Line, and Pink Line. Today, I'm going to focus on the Green Line. CTA's Green Line has 30 stations and is 20.695 miles (33.305 km) long. It starts at Harlem/Lake before splitting into two branches at Garfield, one ending at Cottage Grove (East 63rd Branch) and the other at Ashland/63rd (Ashland Branch).

Map of Chicago "L". Credit: CTA
    [​IMG]
    Map of CTA Green Line (Credit: chicago-l.org)
    [​IMG]

Fleet

5000 series (Built by Bombardier Transportation between 2009 and 2015)
    (Credit: Cragin Spring)
    [​IMG]

Depots
    Ashland Yard (Credit: ktransit.com) Taken in 2004
    [​IMG]

Harlem Yard (Credit: Graham Garfield) Taken in 2003
    [​IMG]

Timetable
    2020 - Present

Full Cab Ride of the Green Line during AM rush hour (Credit: CTA Connections)

A.I. only services

Throughout the journey along the Green Line, this route joins with several other lines near The Loop (Downtown Chicago) that shares the same rolling stock. CTA Pink Line and Purple Line both uses the 5000 series.

Trains at Clark/Lake (Credit: nitrotype 1337)

Tower 18 Interlocking at The Loop (Credit: Fan Railer)

• Like Like x 1
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

CTA 7000 series as DLC made by CRRC Qingdao Sifang/CRRC Changchun Chicago Plant.

3. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

this one looks nice would be instant buy

4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Well the 7000 series are going to replace the older fleets like the 2600 series on the Blue, Brown, and Orange Lines. Additionally, the 7000 series may replace the 3200 series on the Blue and Brown Lines. I can see the 7000 series as being a DLC but DTG needs to make one of the three lines I just mentioned first. DTG could make the 7000 series as substitution for the 2600 and 3200 series. That way, when driving the Green Line, then the 7000 series would appear as a.i. I wouldn’t be surprised if DTG decided to make the Blue or Brown Lines since both uses the older models so players can either operate the 2600 series or the 3200 series. Then DTG can add the 7000 series as DLC.