PC Pzb Consistently Applying Emergency Brakes On The Talent 2

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by FlyingChicken, Sep 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. FlyingChicken

FlyingChicken New Member

Hi,

I'm having some issues with PZB on the Talent 2. For reasons unknown to me I always end up with PZB panicking and slamming the emergency brakes. I've made a recording to show just one example of the weird PZB behavior I am experiencing on the Köln - Aachen service (my apologies for the low bitrate):

The important bit starts at 12:20 (I tried to have it automatically start playing from there, doesn't seem to work unfortunately).

What triggered PZB to apply the emergency brakes in this instance? As shown in the video, I am acknowledging the signal (although I'm not sure if that's even necessary here) and I seem to be well within the ability to reduce to 85KM/h in time. I've tried to approach this particular speed limit in several different ways, but I always end up with PZB stopping the train.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Br425

Br425 Well-Known Member

PZB didnt show that you ackknowledged it, so it put on an emergency brake. Maybe you didnt press the ackknowledge button long enough...

• Like Like x 1
  3. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

It seems the speed restriction was not acknowledged. If it would have been the 1000hz indication would have come up on the MFD, which it didn’t.

You have to press and hold the button for a little bit, otherwise TSW does not recognise sometimes that it was pressed.

Edit: BR425 beat me to it:cool:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. FlyingChicken

FlyingChicken New Member

Thanks for your prompt replies! I just did another run to try your suggestions - I held the acknowledge button down the entire time after passing the signal, but unfortunately a few seconds later the emergency brakes still came on (while I was holding down the button). I crossed the signal at around 115 KM/h.

What other causes could there be?

5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Just press it for a second AFTER passing the signal. Or maybe buged. I will try this run later today. BR o7

6. FlyingChicken

FlyingChicken New Member

Thanks, eager to hear about your results. Meanwhile I've recorded another run with the suggestions above. Notice that I am holding down PZB acknowledge the entire time after passing the signal - I never released it until well after the emergency brakes kicked in:

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Ok for me. Not buged.

Press the acknowledge button AFTER passing the signal and hold it long enough to hear the acknowledgment sound, then release. I was 160 kph on this signal and no problem.

In my opinion, you hold it for too long :)

Alternatively, your profile or game settings may be corrupted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

possible solution >> link

• Like Like x 1
  9. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I think breblimator has hinted at the real problem:)

you pressed the button at the correct time, as you can here by the acknowledgement sound, however, you have to let go of the button within a couple of seconds as well! This is actually as per real life. If you keep pressing it, you have not completed the acknowledgment process.

Sorry, this may not have been clear in my earlier post:o Hope,this will do the trick?!

• Like Like x 2
  10. FlyingChicken

FlyingChicken New Member

You nailed it, thank you! I didn't know PZB was this unforgiving, definitely an important lesson learned.

Here the result (of course the emergency brakes still kicked in soon afterwards as I was going way too fast to comply with the speed limit in time. I was just happy that I managed to get past the first signal unscathed, which was my only goal during this run):

That was indeed the problem, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

One more hint:
    You should start braking as soon as you see the signal in the distance. This is a good habit :)

The signals are placed approximately every 1000 m. The train needs only about 23 seconds at a speed of 160 KPH to travel this distance. The PZB confirmation procedure is valuable time.

In addition, there are also so-called speed magnets, which evaluate your braking curve - but you've probably noticed that by now :)
    BR o7

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
  12. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

PZB counts as acknowledged in the moment of button (PZB Wachsam) release.

13. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

So how 1000hz magnets work is that you need to get under 85kmh in exactly 23 seconds. As shown here, you did not get under 85 in under 23 seconds, so the train stopped you. You need to be braking much harder than what you were doing in the video. You should be braking at about 60-70%, especially since you are going downhill. That signal tripped me a lot when I first tried pzb on this route. You need to brake really early so that you are less likely to get stopped. About when you cut the throttle is about where you should have been braking.