London To Brighton Q&a

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Will Gatwick airport actually have planes (I don't know why this is important to me, but for immediate lineside...particuarly Pier 1... you can catch some rather iconic glimpses of tails and aircraft landings).

• Like Like x 5
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Cathcart, Bakerloo, Hamburg-Lübeck, WSR, RT, Island Line (IOW)?
    As of now that's the awnser. If that's the awnser to a question, it's better the truth is said than a cherry-picked response, no?

• Like Like x 3
  3. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

;)
    They may be rare in the South of the country but there are quite a few stations with platform 0s around the country in general including large stations such as Doncaster and Leeds which have had them for a while now. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Platform 0s are usually a newer platform added later to an existing layout. By having it numbered 0, there's much less required to change than renumbering all the platforms. Station signs, signalling diagrams, timetables etc.

• Like Like x 4
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Looks like we've all jumped the gun on this. :D October release now at the earliest and I'm sure it'll still be rushed and unpolished. Oh well.

• Like Like x 4
  6. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Am looking forward to the Brighton route but am stopping myself getting to excited as I remember GWE when that came out and only getting a third of the actual route.

Am intrigued by what people have said about the 166 and the ever elusive 313, they will be great additions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

If LGW does have them, let's hope they're a better representation of a generic aircraft than the ones that overfly Köln Hbf, with their engines out near their wingtips.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This is train sim world . The is a game designed for plane flying that has planes in better detail

• Like Like x 1
  9. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Granted, it's TSW,
    But the planes do literally fly right overhead.

• Like Like x 7
  10. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, this news pleases me for the long-run. My view of Dresden was highly disappointing and it made me very anxious what BML would turn out like. Another positive I take from this longer gap between release is hopefully a major sign of a busy, complex timetable! Who knows, after today's developments regarding the addition of a branch for Dresden, could us for BML potentially gain anything? I'm very intrigued. :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

- Will the Class 377's be getting improvements to bring them up to par with current TSW locos?
    - Are we able to manually select the destination before departing, instead of it auto setting before we load in (as it currently does on the 375 & 377)?
    - Will SDO be operational on the Class 377/387? (Only certain doors opening at shorter platforms, Passengers opening doors)
    - Is there still going to be room on the route for a possible future Thameslink addition?
    - Will all of the services be available for Last-Gen Console Players?
    - Will we see AI Class 313's at Brighton? - When the 313 DLC finally releases.
    - What is the total number of services on the route?
    - Will we see some Gatwick Express Class 387's on ECW (IRL I hear they have been running some services along the ECW Line recently)

• Like Like x 4
  12. cloudyskies21

Yeah I saw one down at Hastings last week on a service to Brighton. I expect the route will be pre-COVID, so I wouldn't expect these to be on ECW unless using scenario planner.

• Like Like x 2
  13. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Can anyone suggest good reference material for this route? I'm looking for local instructions, driver guides, route curve and gradient maps...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  15. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Could we be getting class 700 dlc for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

He's clairvoyant! :D
    Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  17. paul.pavlinovich

• Like Like x 1
  18. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Going to be very disappointed if it's unpolished considering the roadmap article suggests otherwise. Also expect the 313 to be perfect after it's pushback... No pressure DTG :D but I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming

• Like Like x 4
  19. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

They could get a 2020/2021 timetable. Rapid Transit has a 2021 timetable as well as 2017 I think?

• Like Like x 1
  20. cloudyskies21

Good point, but DTG need to get the existing ECW timetable in order first, namely include Victoria services between Lewes and Eastbourne. Plus, anyone notice that on the ECW route that Brighton has no more AI trans departing/arriving from the WCW line after 8pm onwards? This is unrealistic compared to real-life. Also, the Hove shuttle as AI also needs including.

Hopefully, once BML releases, Brighton on this route and the ECW version will have the full amount of AI trains, such as GX services on ECW departing to Gatwick and Victoria.

• Like Like x 4
  21. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I hope entering London looks god, would be nice if landmarks are there, draw distance depending. I’m not sure if you’d see the walk-in talkie , shard or gherkin on the route but if you it’d be nice to see in route

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.484...4!1sszK6eG0QpwcWfNTlao_NHg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192
    The above is a link to google maps, with the streetview set on Chelsea Bridge (one bridge West of Victoria's Grosvenor Bridge). As you can see you can look East there are loads of high rise buildings but you can't; see past Vauxhall.
    The four towers to the right are Battersea power station, and the left most tall building (the silvery looking one) is 1 St James Wharf, known as "The Tower" which is infamous for having a helicopter fly straight into it

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for a detailed aircraft model, just one that looks vaguely like an actual aircraft that could fly. The current one doesn't - it's the equivalent of having a building standing on its roof, though some are really like that ;): https://www.designingbuildings.co.uk/wiki/Upside_Down_House,_Poland.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

That house looks Australian to me

• Like Like x 4
  25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

That's one way of looking at it. From my perspective though this makes me quite concerned. We do not know if it has been delayed for extra polish or if there are intrinsic issues with the route that are causing problems. Maybe they can't get the timetable to work, or there is a wall of bugs. The route has gone from August release, to quick succession after Boston and Dresden, to October and from my perspective it all been a little too hush-hush. We still don't know anything more about the route (apart from that it runs from Victoria to Brighton and has the Reigate branch included) than we did back in May and haven't seen a single screenshot. They didn't mention London-Brighton once in the roadmap stream on Tuesday and instead are focusing on releasing a branch line for Dresden.

If you remember, Southeastern High Speed was supposed to release late last year but was delayed by a couple of months until February and the release was still a shambles. The first preview stream went down like a led balloon and they released three patches in quick succession with fixes in the weeks after release. Yet there are still glaring scenery and tunnel lighting issues to his day.

At this point I am literally praying this delay is to give extra polish and make sure everything is tip-top rather than because they have come stuck up against deep rooted issues with the code or other things. The timetable is going to be crazy busy. We know with DTG that they have pretty strict windows for release and have a bad feeling they will just end up pushing this out when they know it's not ready. I can't bare the thought that 2 out of the last 3 British routes will be botched jobs. Hopefully I'm just too suspicious and everything will be great. :)

• Like Like x 4
  26. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Another way of looking at it is that they're making sure that everything they're doing... works
    With Dresden missing a branch and then that impacting PIS; with level crossings and so on needing to be working; with timetable functions hopefully being increased; maybe the AI to the SouthEastern side of the station being improved etc etc we can hope that it's refinement rather than delays and misfunction

• Like Like x 3
  27. paul.pavlinovich

There is no point speculating on the "why" something is delayed - as a commercial organisation DTG don't need to tell us "why" - just leave them to it and it will be what it is. If its bad or good either way they will get plenty of feedback. I expect we'll start to see a trickle of screen shots and probably preview streams in the coming weeks now that Dresden is out.

28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think this has to be one of the most wanted route, not just for Rush Hour, but for TSW in general. Naturally expectations are going to be high. Lets hope DTG can pull it off and surprise us with new and/or improved features at the same time with this route.

We definitely don't want it to be another 'regular/standard' DLC.

• Like Like x 6
  29. cloudyskies21

Totally agree with you and I do share your concern, until we see the first stream, it's anyone's guess what we could expect. But a part of me still holds firm that this delay may be positive. I don't think I've ever seen such strong support/demand for a route as much as BML, and I think DTG know that. If this route doesn't turn out any good, there will most likely be huge backlash, hence the extra time to perfect the route - there's probably extra pressure too due to how iconic London to Brighton is, plus it characteristically being a super-busy route.

Nothing wrong with being too worried, community debate and discussion is what drives feedback to make routes even better. :)

Absolutely agree. Hopefully this route is a culmination of everything they have learnt in the past few years, it will be their biggest challenge, but rewarding for them and us as players if it exceeds expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  30. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Done well, this will be the new benchmark for me and I'm not even that much of a fan of the region or the era. I have high hopes for it.

• Like Like x 2
  31. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

It wasn't a question that needed to be answered but we still reserve hope.

32. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

End to end terminals I mean mate, not just a midway point that is used as a terminal for short working services.
    Victoria is the end from Brighton and vice versa, also the branch lines to Portsmouth also include the South West Railway so technically the first full length mainline service route of one operator. GoVia.

33. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

If this route turns out to be more like SEHS than Dresden then it will almost certainly go down very poorly indeed.

Judging by the Reigate screenshot, my great fear here is that it’s the same team involved that made SEHS, and as release date approached the powers that be have realised that it isn’t up to scratch and have seemingly delayed the release (is that actually official btw?) If that screenshot of Reigate is anything to go by, we probably ought to be praying for a November or December release.

BML will be the acid test. I was already extremely disappointed to hear that the much trumpeted new night lighting on Dresden had not made it to this route. “Hey guys, look at this. Isn’t it great? Way better than what we had before, but don’t get too excited, the next highly anticipated route won’t have it”. Then we see a pre-release screenshot where Reigate station is made up of a distant scenery asset (that same block of flats has populated pretty much every route since the game launched), and a canopy. The only thing the rest of it has in common with Reigate station is that trains sometime pass by.

Have DTG learnt from their previous c**k-ups of their own creation, or have they not moved on one single bit? Are we to see another positive step forward after 2 really good releases (3 if you include GCC), or are we about to step back 12 months to the bad old days?

Brighton - London is really important. It’s one that a lot of us have been waiting for, and it could be the point at which TSW becomes the train simulator of choice where people have one. Please please please only release it when it is properly ready.

Please.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  34. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward to this route and hope DTG can do it justice after the delay.

• Like Like x 2