#mods# The Game Mod Request Thread. What Would You Like?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 25, 2021.

1. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I just deleted the movies in \Steam\steamapps\common\Train Sim World 2\WindowsNoEditor\TS2Prototype\Content\Movies
    They'll probably come back when there's an update, but I'll just keep on deleting em.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

All we need is E Honda to start wrecking one of the many thousands of black cars as the load screen. Alternatively one of the trains

3. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip.
    Will definitely try.

4. wingo44

wingo44 New Member

Something as basic and elementary as a cockpit fov control?

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Depends on one's tastes- after all, you could turn it off!
    Myself, I wind up just following posted maps, because I don't have the patience to go looking for fallen logs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I have become a big fan of driving without the HUD, particularly on German routes. However, this keeps me in the cab which diminishes the sound experience on a loco such as the ICE. The view through the windshield also limits my appreciation for the scenery; this is currently the topic of another thread.

I used to park a 3 camera just outside of the 406 cockpit to enjoy the view and the amazing sounds - try it if you haven’t experienced it. However this makes going HUD- less hard.

I wish there were a mod that would give us outside sounds even while we were still in the cab. This would improve the experience in many locos where opening a window is not an option. Giving us a not quite so dark view out the windshield would be great as well.

7. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I´d like a Mod that lets the HBK 182 substitute for passenger services as I dont have the RT Taurus, and the MRCE Version has all the door controls and everything a passenger Loco needs (except a destination screen)
    MRCE Tauri can also be seen quite often in front of rental or replacement trains, when the new rolling stock, like the Talent 2s when they were introduced, has tecnical problems

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Illegal Prime

Illegal Prime Member

I know that there was an M3 sound mod for TSW 2020, but does it exist at all for TSW2? otherwise can someone point me to any M3 sound improvement, I want to get it but those sounds turn me away.

9. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'd like to have a mod, where repaints made with livery editor of the DB BR 101 are being places ingame randomly as it is the case for e.g. Dreden-Riesa locos. But please, just the loco, not the IC-coaches.

10. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a mod that removes the pointless red circle when you walk on the tracks. You are a train driver and in certain situations you are supposed to walk on the tracks. The red circle has been annoying me since its introduction.

I know you can turn off the HUD, but the compass also disappears, so there is no way to keep the compass visible
    and get rid of the stupid red circle at the same time. Can someone please make it disappear forever?

Red circle.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Do you know if the new editor allows for route editing? I am considering learning Unreal Engine in my free time to modify the game as well, but I don't know how far I could really go with this.

12. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I don’t own the custom made editor, however I don’t believe you can actually edit anything in the route itself.

13. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

Would a mod to increase the run speed on foot be possible, please?

• Like Like x 2
  14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

From what Londonmidland said this might not be possible, but I want to put it out here anyway.

A mod that would either populate the hills on Arosa with trees, or uses one of the possibilities that I had loosely heard of to apply some sort of fake trees/tree tops would be stellar.

I must confess though I have no clue about what is possible with the tools at modders disposal right now.

15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

At least make the texture under the sparse trees a lot darker.

16. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

The removal of the overheard cables and stuff from the Diesels legends pack. I really miss that mod.

• Like Like x 3
  17. chieflongshin

I'm getting in early that I'd love a mod that puts the correct route maps into london Brighton and a good mix of decent and real to life advertising on the route.

18. londonmidland

I'll be sure to make an 'enhancement pack' of some sort for this DLC :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. chieflongshin

When you do the enhancements how deep can you go? What do you have scope to adjust?

20. londonmidland

I typically do:

- Branded advertisements
    - Updated route maps
    - Fix any incorrect colour scheme on station furniture
    - Add brands and logos to assets
    - New generic station announcements
    - Make any applicable visual changes to the signalling
    - Ballast texture improvements
    - Train weathering although this may come as a separate pack*

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. dhekelian

Hey Londonmidland, have you a link to your mods?

22. chieflongshin

• Like Like x 1
  23. dhekelian

Thanks, I use that place quite a bit I didn't realise.

24. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

There are a few things on my mind, that aren't even really requests yet, I just wonder if they're even possible to change with the current modding knowledge in the game.
    • On the Isle of Wight route there is no unevennes to the tracks, so it's a completely smooth ride all the way. It is pretty unrealistic, and to me something that totally ruins the immersion for the route. I suppose the track unevennes is a number value for each track segment, just like it was in Train Simulator. Would it be possible to modify this value for all track segments on a given route? If so, could Isle of Wight be given realistically uneven tracks?
    • Many trains in the game are missing proper headlight flares when the headlights are switched on. Like the LIRR M7 and M3s, CSX locomotives on Sand Patch grade, DB BR 363, just to name a few. But then there are locomotives in the game that do have that effect, like the trains in Boston Sprinter. So could it be possible to add headlight flare effect to locomotives that currently don't have one?
    • Regarding the topic of headlight flares, would it be possible to make them render/appear from a higher distance? Like the same distance as signal flares do, for example? Currently they start rendering really close to the player so it looks really bad.
    • Regarding headlights again, would it be possible to change headlight strength for a given locomotive? Like people complain about the weak headlights on the CRR F7 a lot. Would it be possible to give it or any other locomotive stronger headlights?
    These are a few quiestions that have been in my head for a while. Do you guys think any of these could technically be changed by modding?

25. dhekelian

TBH Dinosbacsi anything is possible with modding if they have the tools. With TSW2 I suspect they haven't got all the tools but I still wouldn't be surprised what they come up with.

I'm still hoping they can update the diesel Legends mod where they took away the overhead cables and all that as I think it was proving difficult. Haven't touched it since and nor will I untill hopefully they can update that mod.

• Like Like x 2
  26. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Do you have in mind the horn of the irFlouz DB BR 187? It should also be included on 146, 185 and 182. It is truly immersive.

27. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

This has been on my radar for a while now and I do plan to get to it.
    I've had a test version of this ready for a while now. I have some more work to do for different DLc combos but it's fully working.
    That was also my mod. I ported it to TSW2 last September but now I see issues I have to fix so it nor the LIRR M1 have been ported to 4.26. Only my MNRR scheme has.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  28. chieflongshin

I’d echo the headlights. I was playing sand patch at night and it’s like the light doesn’t cast any beam forward

29. arekev

arekev Active Member

First of all a big thanks for everyone that has made mods for this game, It adds so much to the experience !!

A small mod I would like is one for the cab rattle sound on London Commuter route, The 377 & 387 has to me anyway a bad ratting sound that plays at a random moment and it is really annoying. To my ears it sound's like a rattlesnake and I hate snakes :) I have driven the Ap versions of the 377 & 387 on TS Classic and the rattle sound is not there so it did not come from Ap, I know sound is a hot topic and not everyone will have the same opinion as me, Thanks for reading and any help will be appreciated :)

30. chieflongshin

I think the said that was just put in door effect. I do like the consideration of things moving, creaking etc but I guess someone will like and others not so

31. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So you plan on porting your M3 sound mod in the future? That would be pretty great to see.

Sometimes I'm also thinking about trying to get into TSW modding to see if I could do any improvements for LIRR (or any other routes). Maybe if I have the time sometimes. Are there any good reference material for TSW modding?

• Like Like x 1
  32. chieflongshin

I'd like to learn this too but I'm clueless where to start and what programmes I would need . I'd welcome any support and guidance

33. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I'd like one that extends the render distance of the grass and ground foliage.

34. orb

orb Well-Known Member

It's an Engine.ini setting and not a mod.

35. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes, but it gets rid of the 3D ballast effect.

36. solicitr

You're thinking of switching off render quality (forget the command).

Instead try
    foliage.LODDistanceScale=4 (or more, depending on your horsepower)
    grass.DensityScale=1.5 (or more, but expect a framerate hit)

Also, foliage.DitheredLOD=5 helps reduce tree pop-in, since they fade in gradually and are less noticeable that way.

37. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

That's great news.... I look forward to it's release and the ability to have Oakville etc.... stock in Sandpatch consists.

38. Anthony Pecoraro

Those don't increase the distance.

39. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

I would really like a mod, if it can be done, that layers the Class 387 *BML* to GWE. The electrification was discovered to be active, so it should in theory work...

40. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

does anyone know why the station anouncement mods cut off before they have finished there statments.

41. londonmidland

It’s either because there’s a timer for each specific announcement, which may have run out, or the sound channels keep cutting out.

The replacement announcements aren’t the same length as the original ones. This wasn’t an issue in the past, however. So it may be a 4.26 related issue.

42. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

I would like a mod which shows the origin DLC for each loco variant layered in, so, for example, I could see the origin of each of multiple Dostos listed

43. solicitr

44. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Horn sounds are a long standing issue imo.
    Adjustments to scenery maybe re Penzance, St Ives.
    We have a Valenta sound mod and very good reskinners. I wonder though. Could we remodel the HSTs headlamp cluster, and remove the MTU badge. The interior wouldnt be correct but as ai for a WCL time period would work nicely.

45. orb

orb Well-Known Member

I'd like to have a mod that sets the initial default cloudiness when selecting timetable to 0.15 - 0.25 or something around it (can be even 0.1 to make just some tiny clouds) - just the initial setting that is set when a month is changed to allow further modification by user.

I find that, if I don't change the weather more significantly (to rain/snow/fog), I almost always move that slider a little before starting the service, at least on the routes that already have updated clouds to the TSW2 standard. A mod like this would save some time before starting the services.

On a related note maybe also a mod that changes the day of month from 15th to 23rd, to get rid of leaves on trees in December.

46. londonmidland

Downloading Unreal Engine Unlocker allows you to do this.

47. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

How did you manage to connect the UUU Unlocker to TSW after the 4.26 update? I worked a lot with it before the Update, but now i can`t seem to get it to work anymore, i´ve installed the newest version, but every time i want to connect it, TSW tabs out and I cant activate the console in game.

48. londonmidland

On quite a few occasions UEU will fail to connect to TSW on the first attempt. So you’ve got to quit TSW and UEU and relaunch the game and try connecting UEU again once TSW has loaded.

• Like Like x 1
  49. orb

orb Well-Known Member

I know that. I have a command chain to change both weather and date which I execute in my custom scenarios. Though it's more to set the exact date to get the sun where I want (I love starting at sunrise or sunset), but weather variables are set too by the way. I need a mod instead, as I usually don't launch the unlocker when I don't plan to play with scenario planner.

It's like you could move the camera on the loco selection screen with the unlocker, but a mod that moved the camera (and by the way changed the scenery) was created anyway, and that was the time I stopped using the unlocker outside of scenario planner.

50. bashful subfiles

bashful subfiles New Member

A mod to disable the bells on NA trains would be nice. I like using the horn but I hate how the bell comes on every time you do.

• Like Like x 1