I Only Want Dtg To Release Bml When It Is Fully Ready!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just a little poll appealing to DTG only to release Brighton Main Line when it is fully ready.

This route is clearly one of the most anticipated releases TSW 2 has seen and for that sole reason, DTG has to ensure this is a hit, not a miss.

To this end, DTG should only release this route when it is fully ready.

This means, but is not limited to:
    1. An accurate Reigate Station.
    2. No Wonky Cranes spoiling the view of Battersea Power Station.
    3. Correctly sized destination screens with correctly sized text.
    4. Dare I ask, better sounds for the 377 and realistic 387 sounds (at the correct volumes inside and outside the cab with windows open and closed).
    I think DTG should even consider a pre-release feedback preview whereby it gives us an opportunity to view the route and provide critical feedback before a release date is set. That way, any feedback that can be taken on board quickly can improve the route before release.

SEHS was a big disappointment in terms of scenery and general quality when compared to other routes, let the most anticipated British route not fall foul. It has to be better than Riesa-Dresden.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Agreed those things should be accurate and they do have a chance to fix such things BEFORE giving us a date by doing that preview (let us rip it apart) stream

Oh, and it's fall FOUL not FOWL. The w spelling relates to birds rather than being incorrect

• Like Like x 4
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'll be happy if it's as good as Riesa-Dresden.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Corrected. A could blame autocorrect, but that would be fibbing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Yeah I'm all for DTG delaying London-Brighton so it can be the best it can be when release day gets here. They should have done that with Dresden-Riesa, too.. Still waiting for those additional freight services to be added!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Interested to know why people voted, or would vote no?

7. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

8. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I don't really care, I just want them to fix Riesa Dresden, but I would probably vote no. Reason being that they won't find all the issues, so might as well get it out and let us start reporting them.

• Like Like x 3
  9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I think DTG are confident enough in their sales to release it in whichever state they deem fit, all we can hope for is that they see how much we want this route to be right.

Look at SEHS, that was once the most anticipated route and the best we got was some German noise barriers hastily put up after a very vocal couple of weeks.

DTG have been releasing mediocre content for many years, and will probably continue to do so for many more to come, because their current system works, that system being 0 competition on the same scale.

I think it’s best to just take the route for what it is, because that’s ultimately what we will get, hopefully Reigate gets sorted out, however I don’t hold out any hope for the electrostars, which is a shame of course since this route is basically their mainstay.

I voted yes, in some hope that they’ll allow the dev time on this to breathe, but I’m not hopeful.

• Like Like x 7
  10. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

We have had releases and previews that are worse than what BML is in. Such as sound and scenery/ballast issues on SEHS, PZB not functioning properly on HBL, and not to mention the crashes that some are experiencing on BRD. These are some very minor issues things we've seen so far, so if they haven't held routes that were presented in a worse way than this, they defiantly won't. But then we have not seen a preview stream for BML just yet, so we'll have to wait and see if there are MAJOR issues.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You say that, put players are voting no.

12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

People are likely voting no on the basis of "well I want it now!"

I personally would like BML as soon as possible.

But I also want a good BML, and I'm prepared to wait for that (and I'm unable to get the season pass for another month but we don't talk about that ;)), it was my favourite route on TS, and remains to be so, and if it's not, well, better, on TSW - "Evolution of train simulation", anyone? - they have a little explaining to do in my eyes.

So I voted yes. Get us a route as good as Cathcart, no step back, and I think everyone will be happy.

• Like Like x 3
  13. AGoodJudge

AGoodJudge Active Member

I won't. If it's as good as that, you probably won't be able to reach Brighton.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

We don't know why there's a delay (if there really is one), so it's hard to vote either way. If a further delay fixes the issues that players have discovered from early screenshots (poorly rendered station, missing panto, weird looking cranes etc.), then my answer would be yes. If any of those bugs are still present on release, then what would have been the benefit of a further delay? Since the supposed delay was announced before these errors were pointed out in the forum and screenshots of the errors were openly advertised in the article, the current delay must be for reasons unknown. On the other hand, all the screenshots are WIP, so maybe there's no need for extra time. As you can tell, I'm totally confused.! :)
    I'm voting no. Let's get it out and see what's right or wrong. If it's not fully ready, then at least we can harass DTG into fixing what's wrong.

15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I voted yes, as although I've been quite impatient for it over the last few weeks, those initial screenshots have me quite worried. Goodness knows what it would have been like if it had released in August as originally planned.

May I also add to the list of things 'improved night lighting' to the list of things that should be addressed before release.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Honestly, I’m fine with DTG taking as long as they need to make Brighton a good route. It’s already been a pretty long wait, and it’s obviously not reaching the summer deadline. So at this point, there is no reason to rush the route. It would be nice to see them finish the Rush Hour series with a bang.

• Like Like x 3
  17. screamfan

screamfan Member

Imo Boston Sprinter is not a step up in term of quality as Dresden is.

If BML is as good as Dresden I will be really happy

• Like Like x 3
  18. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

I voted no. Why?

because no route will ever be ready 100%

past delays for routes have needed urgent last minute changes… extra testing
    Still riddled with daft bugs some tiny, some massive. Which is why we all question “testing” and all Volunteer our services.

I’ll take BML when DTG are ready to release it whenever that might be. 30th? 7th?

my main concern is that when I install/download it… will I be able to find it?? :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I voted yes.

Don’t worry about the missed summer deadline. as you can see from this survey most of us would rather you spend extra time polishing, debugging and getting all the timetables in there etc.

I do like the idea of letting the forum provide pre release feedback with one or two streams prior to DTG setting a release date.

• Like Like x 3
  20. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I hope so, but from experience the most probable is that no

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

Why do

22. benuildo

benuildo Member

I voted yes, but I think they should do an open beta or some kind of early access of every new route before. Only showing preview streams will not bring all errors and bugs to light.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

That’s a yes for me. I wish DTG would just delay the route for once and fix the issues that you guys saw in the pre-release screenshots. I can’t believe I missed those tilting cranes in one of the screenshots. I was so focusing looking at those trains and not was happening in the background beyond the tracks. First impressions matters to a lot of players and it’s extremely important for DTG to listen to feedback now.

• Like Like x 1
  24. ARuscoe

That's so messy licensing wise... How many people would take the EA, play a few hours and then not buy the full route

• Like Like x 1
  25. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Voted No because:

1. a route will always have little niggles about them, it'd be hard to have a route 100% competely done
    2. points reported in first post are, imho, not gamebreakingly importent things, but more small estethic points. They will in no means diminish my enjoyment of the route.

• Like Like x 1
  26. benuildo

benuildo Member

Early access doesn't mean that it is free. You would buy the early access route, maybe with a little discount, and you would know that it is not the final version. So you would have the choice. Buying the EA route or wait until it is final. The quality of the final route would be much better I think.

As far as I know Sony doesn't allow early access games in Playstation Store, but on PC it would be possible.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

Which means DTG wouldn't do it anyway
    I have several EA games on Steam, and I don't think I would pay full cost for any of them having played them for a few months on EA, therefore it would be a reduction in money in for DTG with very little payback over time

28. benuildo

benuildo Member

Probably you are right. Just a dream.

Otherwise I'm sure most people would pay the full price for an EA version anyway. And DTG could save time and money for QA.

When I think about it, it would be no difference to how it worked today. ;):D

• Like Like x 2