Train Sim World 2 - Building Brighton Main Line

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Yes, that's probably for the best, I've said my piece so will call it quits here before things escalate further.

2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

21st Century work ethic eh? Probably best if you leave it then. LOL

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I like toast! Do you like toast too?

4. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

Toast that's been grilled with cheese, toast with jam, toast with chocolate spread, I love it all!

• Like Like x 1
  5. dhekelian

I'll go with the jam NOT the other ones.....lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. LWDAdnane

Don't knock 'em till you try 'em!

• Like Like x 1
  7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Sorry to be the spoiler of the party, but I think that’s enough off-topic talk for now.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LWDAdnane

Agreed, it was arguably necessary though.

Anyway, I think BML will be a fantastic route. I hope the community's passion for this route in particular will persuade DTG to make the necessary changes to all the niggles we'll see in screenshots and streams, where they haven't done so in previous routes.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

We asked for a roadmap, we got it! A roadmap is a way to inform the community about the projects the team is working on. This is not an announced release schedule. It is not correct to require developers to release one or another DLC, which were included in the map, and to set deadlines for them. They independently determine the priority of developments and announce releases in the right order. Stop this stream of meaningless and unnecessary criticism.

• Like Like x 6
  10. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I'm sure you won't like it if the roadmap is not supported by the team. After all, they can do that. We must appreciate what we have !!! Have a nice day and mood! DTG good luck in your work and worthy remuneration for your work.

• Like Like x 2
  11. dhekelian

I think you will find it was an 'announced schedule' Summer 2021, it was DTG that set this deadline no-one called for it to my knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bartosz

bartosz New Member

Greetings
    Is there a chance that in this DLC we will see rusty rails and some vegetation on unused tracks? It doesn't look realistic as all the tracks sparkle as if a train passes over them every 10 minutes. Tracks that end should also not sparkle at their ends - the trains wheels never be there. Side tracks and the least used switches should have rusty rails. Vegetation often appears on such tracks.

Even the fenders on the track switches sparkle but they never touch the wheels of the train, Leo why?
    I would love to see such details in TSW2. After all, things like that will increase immersion.
    england-GJHBJ6.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

bartosz This often the case for many routes in TSW. Despite DTG having the suitable assets and tracks, they always use the pristine continuous welded track and lay no vegetation in little used areas.

I’m not sure why they do this but it would look so much better to see the distinction between well used and little used lines, instead of it looking all the same.

• Like Like x 3
  14. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

I have a question on the impending London to Brighton route are there AI trains at Brighton to mimic the services from Brighton along east coastway or is it just GX 387s and southern 377 to London also on the Reigate branch is it 377s or do the extra layers allow you to drive class 166 on that route

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You will be able to drive the 166s from Reigate if you are on PC or PS5/Xbox series consoles.
    There should also be services at Brighton to simulate those going towards Eastbourne on ECW.

• Like Like x 2
  16. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Many thanks for your reply