Main-spessart Bahn Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grdaniel48, Sep 20, 2021.

1. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I have checked the update to Main Spessart Bahn route, but frankly speaking I did not noticed so much difference.
    Like the one at Rapid Transit for example.
    Of course I am not considering all general graphic and longer views improvements, due mainly to the new graphic version.
    Taking about longer views, ... I noticed this not includes the roads!
    So you see the rails and scenery further away, but the road textures remains short as before.
    Which it is not nice to see!
    Hope this be improved

Another issue was to check the new FIS.
    But running all over the route I only find them at both ends of the routes! Aschaffenburg and Gemünden
    May be that is the real thing on this route. I do not live in German so I do not know
    At least I expected more FIS. At least on the "larger" in the middle of the route.

But one strange thing it is what happens on Gemünden.
    That station it have several tracks and platforms.
    The ones which have FIS, are the middle ones, which seems to be the main ones of the station.
    So this seems to be right.
    But the strange issue, is I never stopped on those tracks!
    I driven several passenger services - not all of them- , and they always stops on depart from the smallest 2 at the side of the station, near the tracks were freight train pass.

Then my suggestion is passenger trains, must stop and depart from the main platforms were the FIS are, instead of those "border" 2!

2. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

One thing I noticed immediately after the update, is that heavy freights now have two locomotives on the head end, making the climb up the ramp from Laufach to Heigenbrucken considerably easier.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

The MSB timetable is quite lackluster, especially when compared to the real timetable from that time. As you say, services would use the larger platforms in the middle at Gemunden and Aschaffenburg, as they would continue on towards Wurzburg and Frankfurt respectively.

When it comes to the PIS, the stations in the middle of the route do have PIS, but they use a different type:
    Dynamischer Schriftanzeiger
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, DTG have not bothered to create this asset so far, which is why it is missing for those stations.

• Like Like x 2
  4. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Yep I agree the route does not seem to have had as much work put in as others, other than the TSW2 skies I couldn’t really see much visual change. WSR is like night and day compared to MSB

5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

The main focus of the MSB update lies on the recreation of the docks in Aschaffenburg. There is now a revised container terminal with new container transport vehicles and an overall more detailed scenery, including new road textures. I also discovered new textures and details on some train stations along the route. Of course the drawing distance (on older gen consoles) has also been improved, so that distant mountains can now be seen.

All in all the "Preservation Crew" did a good job!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. grdaniel48

Thanks guys for your comments about it!

Sergio: I noticed what you mentioned.
    I did a run with the BR 155 with a really very long train of automobiles, but that loco was enough. Of course this is not a heavy train.
    I also see shorter freight trains with one loco.

Crammor: thanks for the information about the different kind of FIS on the other stations.
    So that is the reason they do not include them.

Sparmi: I run the full line, but not went to the docs. I will do that.
    Thanks for the data of changes there.

Finally I would like to add a picture of what I mentioned about the trains on Gemunden.
    Trains might stop on the main platform.

Please note the one they stop, it is really narrow!

TSW2 - MSB GEMUNDEN.jpg

7. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I agree they did a great job but it's a shame that there aren't more services that use that area

8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which is bizarre, since that section isn't even usable except with the 204 DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sergio volodstok

sergio volodstok Active Member

Yeah there is a lot of room for potential new services to be added here.

I think several pairs of intermodel shuttle runs between the docks and Aschaffenburg should be on MSB. These runs could connect to run through intermodel trains, which would stop to pickup or drop off intermodel wagons, at Aschaffenburg, to and from the docks.

10. grdaniel48

Yes, but this is due to it is not electrified.
    Then I believe they where thinking about the DLC from the beginning in order to use it.
    I purchased 204 DLC later, taking advantage of discounts, and it is a nice shunting locomotive.

What I would like is you may depart from the docks, and not only always ending at Aschaffenburg.
    Some services might go to other stations with extra tracks for this small freight train to ends.
    Note: I did not do all the 204 services, so may be this is already available

11. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There is one mainline 204 service

• Helpful Helpful x 1