London Underground 38 Stock First Screenshot!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alex_m30x#7297, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Rivet have just released the first screenshot, what do you guys thing?
    Find the original twitter post here

• Like Like x 14
  2. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I got the alert from Discord. I am curious if this rolling stock is going to have a seperate timetable or not.

3. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Rivet answered few questions about the 38 stock.
    It will use the original bakerloo line, so no heritage timeperiod or extension to watford.

They are not mixing the timetable with its current 72mark2 stock as far i have understood, so i guess it will get its own timetable like in diesel legends

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Looks nice, I'm really looking forward to it, as I love the look of it.

Then maybe a few mods here and there to make the Bakerloo Line also a bit more retro looking so it matched these trains? Would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

What's with the new maps in it?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  7. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Now we have some kind of [unofficial] editor, as someone literary managed to partly restore the airport branch to Riesa Dresden, if the tool evolves enough, we might get the stanmore and/or watford branch. Regardless of whether the community finds a way to make routes or not, its still a nice addition.

8. meridian#2659

Here the answers from jasper on their rivet forum:

1. Answer from jasper 16.07.21 @ rivet forum:

Hi there,

I can't answer all of these question because some of them are still in developement, but I'll answer what I know:
    • "Will we get 1970s era bakerloo?" -> No, the 38 stock will be using the original Bakerloo Line.
    • "Will we get Stanmore or Watford Extension" -> No, see above. No extensions whatsoever.
    • "Will the livery designer properly work" -> Yes, it should work on the final product.
    • "WHAT MONTH IS THE RELEASE OF THIS THING?" -> We'll let you know once we know for sure! [​IMG]

Hope this helps. [​IMG][​IMG]

Interesting on the Rush Hour release date - someone told me, but I'm afraid I forgot it. So can't tell if the right one is listed. [​IMG]

P.S.: I moved your questions into here, as there is already a 1938 Stock thread.

2. Answer from Jasper 16.09.21 @ rivet forum:

Well in that case I have good news for you: The 38 Stock will have it's own timetable, which was build using the current stock timetable, but then modified in order to match the slower train. That means we'll have a few drives less. [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. trainsimgaming1001

I think this is a huge step forward for TSW. It is the oldest train ever made with the oldest units dating back to 1938! Currently, that title goes to the 101 which was made in 1956-ish.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Rivet Games cannot make a timetable, looking forward to you guys letting us know what they screwed up this time! :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

This Train is recycled from Isle of Wight to be modified only

• Like Like x 1
  12. animatiker

animatiker Active Member

Even if it would be just a modification (they at least had to build the intermediate cars though, and the interior also looks not really like IoW), so what?
    That still is a lot of work, not to mention the timetable.
    As often said: if you don't like it, don't buy it.

PS: I won't buy it too, but that's mainly because I don't even play Bakerloo line that much.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jonne1184

Jonne1184 Well-Known Member

Someone had to come up with that ... comment and I am not surprised. To put it in the most polite form I can think of: The 1938 Underground stock has less in common with the Class 483, than the DB 143 with the 112, as you can already see by the substantially different interior, if you'd bother to check.

• Like Like x 6
  14. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Good news! Even less trains than the original dead timetable. Perfect for that strike day experience.

I wasn't expecting Rivet to deliver a better timetable (as they always set the bar as low as possible), but to cut trains out is disappointing.

• Like Like x 6
  15. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Think this will be on my shopping list, providing Rivet don’t muff it up.

16. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

So what? It's got many differences.

• Like Like x 2
  17. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

since when did they cut down the bkl timetable. What were you expecting- the two to be on the same timetable? The 38 stock would always be late.
    What a load of nonsense you are speaking. I refer to Jonne1184 post. There’s always one silly person who feels the urgency to post that.

anyway the interior like nice

• Like Like x 2
  18. LucasLCC

The full post from Rivet on their forum mentions the fact some services have been removed. I totally understand the need to slow services down, but to remove more is a poor show.

• Like Like x 4
  19. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I won't spend a penny on anything from Rivet until they fix the problems and the timetable of Arosa.

• Like Like x 8
  20. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Looks great, but locos - especially the visual aspect - haven't been the problem with rivet. I just need to read the word timetable in connection to rivet and immediately think "yikes"...

IOW came without timetable times at all and we were given the answer "we wanted to give the players a more relaxing experience" when asking about it. It still can't be followed without using the prohibited speed setting...
    Then there was Arosa, with a timetable that is impossible to match. We were promised that a timetable fix was coming soon after the first patch of fixes. The dev post literally said "we expect to fix it for the next patch afterwards, which won't be too far behind". Well it is three months later now and when people asked about the fix on their forums, there was no dedication to confirm that they were still working on it. Two people have asked about the timetable and whether it was abandoned starting September, and have not received an answer yet.

As it stands now I am with erg73 on this, in that until Arosa gets the timetable fix, I won't buy any rivet products.

• Like Like x 7
  21. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

To get back on topic (this thread has nowt to do with Arosalinie):

Wow. Someone’s spent some serious time at the LT Museum. :) I want to hold on to those strap hangers. I’d like to see the front of the train as well.

All we need now is the sounds. These units had a completely different sounds to the modern trains especially in the underground sections. I really hope they can get this right.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

This is going to be another skip for me like with Diesel Legends of GW.

• Like Like x 1
  23. LucasLCC

This thread hasn't gone off topic at all. People are rightfully reluctant to buy this DLC based on Rivets previous timetables. Can have a nice shiny model, but if the gameplay is poor then it's useless.

• Like Like x 6
  24. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

This could be the most beautiful DLC of all time, but it's from Rivet, so no money from me. Sorry.

• Like Like x 4
  25. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Exactly.
    Now we will have a time of wonderful images and videos, with a lot of presence in the forums and lots of details. And I have to say that I like this a lot. In fact, in my opinion this company knows how to promote their products very well and create hype, I would say even better than DTG.
    But what I don't like so much is that once they have launched their DLC, they seem to have a bad habit of abandoning it more than I would like.
    Yes, they release some patches with fixes, but not all the necessary ones. And after that, it's like the song isn't even with them. They leave it halfway and completely ignore it, and what angers me the most is that all that communication that was there when they tried to sell us their product, then disappears completely. It seems that when something is uncomfortable for them, they adopt the famous ostrich technique.
    And this doesn't seem serious to me, if they are going to continue working on their product and add value to it, they should say so. Let them take as long as they need, but let them make it clear that they have not abandoned it.
    And if they really can't make any more corrections because they have other projects or have run out of budget, they should also make it clear that they are not going to do anything else.
    I would just like them to be as clear and open both before and after they sell us something.

• Like Like x 8
  26. formulabee#1362

Jasper_Rivet has also said no preservation team will be set up in the company

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. LucasLCC

We aren't asking for the products to be preserved. We simply want them to function as they should.

• Like Like x 3
  28. formulabee#1362

My point was there will be no team at rivet to go back and fix it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And the creaky old-school wood plank floors!

30. trainsimplayer

Is this a protest or something?

• Like Like x 1
  31. formulabee#1362

Probably a protest

• Like Like x 2
  32. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I really like the look of the LU 38 stock and it looks really nice and i certainly will be getting it when its released

• Like Like x 3
  33. meridian#2659

If you like the 38stock i recommend to buy it, and thats what im gonna do.

If people want to wait until arosa gets fixed, well thats a point and everybodys choice by him self.
    To be clear, jasper replied on their forum that arosa is not abandoned, they just couldnt get staff work on that now.
    I guess its because their parallel projects.
    If somebody is angry about this i can understand, but they gave a clear answer to that.

Iow got a nice upgrade and is worth its money now. The services are no problem at all. Timetables without a stop at smallbrook have plenty of time. Even the services stopping at smallbrook are possible, there is just not that much of time left.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  34. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Isle of Wight still doesn't have any cab sway, as the track is almost completely smooth. To me that is the biggest immersion breaker, so I don't like driving on it anymore.

There is also the really bad distant scenery and the incredibly ugly water, though the latter is not Rivet's fault. But they could at least fix the track smoothness so it feels realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  35. trainsimplayer

Well well well, what do we have here... Screenshot_20210921_202319.jpg Screenshot_20210921_202355.jpg Screenshot_20210921_202409.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  36. trainsimgaming1001

This thing looks amazing! Easily one of the best Rivet DLC's i have seen so far. Hopefully this means WCL will be good too.

trainsimplayer Where did you find those?

37. trainsimgaming1001

I hope we get both the original LT livery and the Bus Red livery from the 1970s!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. trainsimplayer

Roadmap Stream, along with the Peninsula Corridor Pres. Update (Featuring new Core Skybox) and some more BML Shots.

39. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I heard a whisper that it is releasing next Thursday October 14th. No sure if there will be a pre-order discount like some Rivet products have been before.

Catch the Railfan TV team on Friday 8th October at 19:00 UTC. Sam will be joined by Matt from Rivet Games as they showcase the London Underground 1938 Tube Stock on the Bakerloo Line!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  40. meridian#2659

There will be 2 liveries.

1: Red units with red roof and london transport brand (older type)
    2: Red units with black roof and white london underground symbol. (Newer type)