Hope Dtg Gets Involve In Helping Rivet Games To Improve The Scenery On Arosa

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lunar_Twisted, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I know DTG hands are full right now with the rush hour content. The Arosaline was one of the routes I was looking forward to purchase until I saw how the scenery look on it during the preview, especially with the lack of trees on the mountain sides. Honestly, it's the only reason why I held off purchasing the route because of how awful the mountains look with the lack of trees. Since Rivet Games did got involved with Cathcart Circle, I think DTG should help improve the scenery, including adding more trees, etc. I want to buy this route but I just can't right now. Even when it's on sale, I just won't bother to buy it until the improvements happen.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Trust me, from a disappointed buyer and massive RhB fan, the scenery is quite minor in comparison to the other issues/ needed improvements on this route... :(

• Like Like x 4
  3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

They want to get the timetable right totally wrong and inaccurate making it impossible to run on time especially coming back to Chur. Promised to do it but nothing has happened.

What with this and the issues we had with the IOW not impressed with Rivet at all and doubt I will bother with future releases from them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

For Rivet to then pop up a few months later and take credit for how amazing Cathcart looks proves how they are out to lunch and out of touch.

RSN has better scenery. They focused on asinine things like a station request stop button which does absolutely nothing.

This release was the biggest let down of the 2021 release cycle.

• Like Like x 8
  5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I didn't have too much of an issue with the scenery. When you're in the cab the focus is much more on what's up close than the distant trees, but I do get the frustration.

Other issues still outstanding need serious attention though. A wildly inaccurate time table, no rolling/wheel sounds from the loco so it sounds like a hovercraft, and a completely silent guard van to name my bigger frustrations.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I can’t see DTG helping Rivet here unless Rivet paid them. Otherwise what’s in it for DTG?

From recent posts on their own forum they have said that they will work on the timetable, but also implied that they were prioritising other work.

To me Arosa is a broken route. I can’t live with the timetable as it is. So despite the fact I want the 38 stock that they are releasing soon, I’m waiting until Arosa is working.

DTG also publish with a lot of things broken, the same as Rivet, but at least with DTG there is communication. That’s what really bothers me about Rivet. The communication stops soon after release.

For what it’s worth, I also think the scenery is the least of this routes problems. It’s my most local route, so I’m really disappointed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. benuildo

benuildo Member

I asked them via twitter yesterday. Seems that they do not work on this route at the moment. Screenshot_20210922-150312_Twitter.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Or the very strange wagon sounds which have more similarity with a broken steam engine than with passenger wagons...

Or the wrong train light configurations on AI services..

The power cut-off of the 4/4 II which does or does not cut in again randomly..

On xbox the sound looping bug is unbearable on Arosa. It's so annoying that it's most enjoyed with the sound muted. I admit Rivet aren't entirely to blame for this one but that doesn't help when playing.

But I guess we have to be happy to be able to ride downhill without derailments and together with the not anymore floating mountains that's mostly it for the bugfixes :(

9. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

Fun fact about how long this has taken. Arosa first appeared on the Roadmap on September 15, 2020, and was released on March 25, 2021- approximately 8 months (though surely in planning behind the scenes prior to 9/15/2020).

As of this upcoming Saturday September 25, it will have been out for 6 months, and still no firm idea as to when basic fixes can be expected.

What. A. Joke.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I didn't like the look of Arosa as soon as I saw the first pre release stream for it so made my mind up then not one for me. And as you said with all the problems with the IOW I won't touch anything of theirs until after it has been out a month or two, in a sale and after I had seen some decent videos on youtube for whatever the DLC is.

• Like Like x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

That is definitely the right idea because if you look at it right now it's ruined because of the scenery expect this to happen again on West Cornwall.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

More sales.

• Like Like x 2
  13. universal.chris

universal.chris Active Member

I can't find the thread but I remember a few months back somebody mentioned an issue where when you accelerated from a stop the loco jumped from like 0-7or 14 km/hr immediately, so I didn't play it for a few months hoping it would get fixed. I tried to play Arosa the other night and ran into this issue, anybody know anything?

Edit: I found it, it was only last month, my bad
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/arosa-ge4-4ii-insane-acceleration.44684/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  14. frank1116

frank1116 Well-Known Member

I have noted this issue the first time yesterday. First drive after the update. The loco jumps forward instantly. The mentioned speed is because of heavy wheelslip, actual speed is much slower, however the acceleration is ridiculous now, and i think it is a new issue. I have this DLC from day 1, Level15 or something, but never noticed until yesterday.

So i did some research. First thing noted: it is difficult to select power 0,5. Tried this, to see if it is related of appliying too much power. I am in doubt that 0.5 is applied even it is indicated. The HUD shows integer numbers only. Jump forward.
    Second: Applied power 1 with brakes applied. Smoothly released brakes - Another jump forward.
    Third and most annoying: In timetable mode, the first start is ok, any subsequent are not.

But the main topic is "Scenery improvement"

The route itself is great, but looks terrible on a clear nice day. I alway have to apply "weather" or drive early in the morning or late in the evening. My biggest dislike, i have reported this to RG, is the depiction of Sapünerbach which is not a deep blue river. The color satuation of alpine huts is too high and looks tacky. No comment on the sound. :-(

I am alway wondering if the designers are happy with the result, or if they are forced to finish the work because of a release date.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

send a ticket. you complain about everything, it's a game, it seems that you don't do anything constructive in the forun. present solutions, but criticize ???, we all have eyes, we do not need to be told what we can see alone. send a ticket, this is a forun, the problems that the game may have, the improvements will come, but when you bought it nobody had them. What are you claiming ???, you don't have more routes ?? play another while you wait for the development of arosa line in the road maps they will tell you when they make the improvement, we all want improvements, but bring that to a forum where nobody can change that is that you have nothing else to do. Some solution suited us because we are fed up with criticism from which we cannot do anything. send a ticket, that's what they are for.

16. frank1116

I have sent tickets, and i have talked to RG. Complaining about everything is a bad generalization. If it only “seems” that I do not do anything constructive, shows that you do not read the forums carefully. I have reported things, which many eyes have not seen. Probably I have mentioned only the most obvious ones. I am claiming that basic things work as intended, and things look like as they do in real live.
    I am not claiming a Level-D Simulation. I have most of the others routes as well, which does not mean that I cannot report issues. In case you have ever raised a ticket, you should be aware of the standard reply from DTG concerning fixing problems and improvements. Since you are talking on behalf of the entire community, I recommend, starting your own thread with your accusations, so that all other can learn as well.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

But on the rosd maps thei say that, they have so many problems, now they have a huge problem with the xbox sound, before they have the problem with playstation, and this problems are priority. I have the game, the rush hour and the 40 DLCs, i have them all, and i have to wait 8 months to get sieg nord fixed, now they have a problem with a error in dresden line. And they have too much work, they have some prioritis. One is if you play or not, in dresden you cud not play that route, so is priority, on your case you may play, is not the same, i no but you cud play. They have to give pryority for them thei cant play. 8 months to play rhur sieg nord, and like to you they allwais tell the same. 15 days withaut play because the 146 actualization. Thats priority, you understand that no. Dont miss rosd maps, thei allwais explain us that. And your problem now is not priority, because the sound problem with xbox. All people in that.

18. frank1116

First of all, I did not classify the overall appearance of Arosa as a problem. This route is unique in many aspects, I like it very much, but I also think that a huge amount of potential was left behind. Of course it is not a show stopper when RG uses a default river instead of modeling a mountain stream, but it simply does not look right. If you have ever used the livery editor, aiming for a quality paint, you know how much time it takes to have it almost perfect. I am afraid that designers often do not have this time to improve their work. Unfortunately, the acceleration issue of the Ge4/4 appeared just recently and needs a fix. I have, btw, posted a possible walk around which worked on my PS4 in the PC forum.

My personal understanding of a roadmap is the graphical representation of a further development, strategy, project plan and milestones of whatever. Not to inform the customer about problems. This should be done separately in a more structured way, where the customer has more transparency which problems are identified, possible solutions, and an estimate if, and when the problem will be fixed.

• Like Like x 1