Uncoupling Autorack Banking Locos - Any Way To Get There Quick?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Trainmania100, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

With the auto rack being a mile long, it's a pain to run to the end of the consist and back to either uncouple it (at sandpatch) or apply the radio for banking (Cumberland)

Is there any way to "fly" to the end of the train?

2. Ghostface1701

Ghostface1701 Well-Known Member

To uncouple, you should be able to use the free camera to get right-up to the coupling point, where you'll see the uncouple prompt. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to switch cabs instantly. I know there's supposed to be a keyboard shortcut for it (CTRL +), but it doesn't work when I try it on my PS5.

A word of warning though: On PS5, I've found on more than one occasion that the game will crash or bug-out when switching cameras over a large distance, which requires the loading screen to appear (i.e. on SPG, or being in Free Camera mode when my train is far away). So, I tend to avoid it doing that now.

3. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes had the camera crashing on autoracks when changing to rear camera

4. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Yes with outside camera. You dont need to leave te train to uncople him.

5. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

The free outside camera lets you go everiwere. Dorry mi english. Hope you undertend me.

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hit 3 once to go to the front flying camera, hit it again to go to the rear of the train (as mentioned, with a very long train as in SPG you may get a brief loading screen since the EOT is so far away. But still much faster than walking!)