Train Simulator Videos

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by TrainFreak1994, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TrainFreak1994

TrainFreak1994 New Member

Didn't see a thread containing such things so I'l be glad to break the ice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainFreak1994

TrainFreak1994 New Member

3. decrepitts#7027

decrepitts#7027 Well-Known Member

I revive this little-used, long-neglected thread to mention my own YT channel, which now houses a small number of TS2021 videos. I'll link my latest, published just this morning. In it, I drive a passenger train from Falmouth to Truro on TobBirk's new SteamWorkshop route Falmouth Branch Enhanced:

• Like Like x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

My only Train Simulator effort so far:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. decrepitts#7027

This video holds the dubious honor of containing my first Copyright Claim. A groundless claim. Be that as it may, here it is:

6. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Not the greatest video but a quick one I made of Waterloo to Surbiton non-stop in the 1960s.

7. decrepitts#7027

Almost forgot to mention publishing another TS2021 video this weekend. This one see me drive a Caledonia Works GER T26 steam loco along Epping - Ongar thirdy-party route, from Ongar to Epping. The loco/train are, imo, a good fit for the short, slow track-speed passenger run. Were the loco any less powerful, or did it pull a few more coaches, it might have struggled up the line's inclines. Were it appreciably more powerful, it would be overkill:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  8. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

What video editing software did you use? I'm very new to all this and use the very basic video editor that comes with Windows 10. Intrigued by how you sped the video up.

That loco looks and sounds incredible. What are the minimal requirements for the Epping-Ongar route?

• Like Like x 1
  9. JJTimothy

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Suite- once a Sony product now developed by Magix. It's a pleasure to use* and a pretty comprehensive set of programs that punches well above its price tag of around £40. Movie Studio itelf won't speed up the footage (not that much anyway) but the suite includes a program specifically for speed ramping. The only software I used that isn't part of the suite is Audacity to fiddle with the sound and that's free.

*Saying that it would be remiss of me not to note that the version of Movie Studio I have (16- 18 is current) has become quite unstable recently- possibly due to Windows updates. I'm still in the process of trying to sort this out.

10. decrepitts#7027

[QUOTE="UP13, post: 344293, member: 20401

That loco looks and sounds incredible. What are the minimal requirements for the Epping-Ongar route?[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the GER T26 a good one for sure. I hadn't driven it for quite some time until deciding I wanted to 'film' Epping-Ongar with an appropriately liveried steam loco. Had forgotten how nice it is to look at and drive. As for Epping-Ongar route, its requirements are:

"- DTG North Somerset Line Add-on (Steam)
    - DTG London—Brighton Add-on (Steam)
    - DTG Isle Of Wight Add-on (Steam)
    - DTG AP Station Pack (Steam—included in Doncaster Works, Falmouth Branch, Portsmouth Direct Line, Northeast Corridor, Horseshoe Curve, Woodhead, Trains Vs Zombies 2, Western Lines of Scotland, WCML Over Shap, and Pietmaritzburg to Ladysmith.) YOU ONLY NEED AT LEAST ONE OF THESE!"

Here's the link: BackdatedTrainSim, Epping - Ongar

11. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Cheers - I don't have the North Somerset Line (being honest I'm not desperate to get it either).

12. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. decrepitts#7027

Another TS2021 upload from me. I show off Caledonia Works’ LNWR Greater Britain in Lavender & Cream livery, during a short, mostly uphill passenger run from Bernard Castle to Cockfield Fell, on Weardale & Teesdale Network Route. We spend much of our time watching the train from outside the cab, thanks to me finding the Greater Britain in Lavender & Cream enticingly ‘photogenic’.

14. decrepitts#7027

My latest TS2021 video, first of a two-episode train excursion, see us travel by rail from Westbourne-on-Sea to Havenbrook, on Western Branch Lines SteamWorkshop route by AirbourneAlex. Our train consists of a Caledonia Works’ GWR 3031 class Dean Single pulling GWR Concertina Coaches. (Outro music isn't ideal, a last minute substitute when my original outro music received an unwarranted Copyright Claim.)

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Might as well contribute something here. My first look at the Falmouth Branch enhancement by TobBirk. One of the scenarios is a revision to one of his own scenarios using a different (and presently available) Class 101; the other is a Class 111.

Note the Class 111 one actually publishes tomorrow, but since it'll be up after that, I have included the reference early here.

16. decrepitts#7027

The continuation and conclusion of the passenger run begun last episode:

For whatever reason, the video looks a bit soft-focus to me. Softer than prior episodes, at any rate. No idea why that is.

17. Cyclone

My exploration of the world continues. Today's published video is a run of Suburban Glasgow from Exhibition to Exhibition on a Workshop scenario by greendragon32.

Also check the main Suburban Glasgow scenarios covering the entire DLC.

18. Cyclone

Doing a double here, but full Suburban Glasgow playlist is now out, more to be added when I revisit it.

Sherman Hill starts coming out October 1. I actually had to change the train to allow it to run without having a PCS trip since the boxcars are broken and they seem to not be on the list of things to fix (the Cajon Pass ones are broken as well, and likely others). Check in on October 1 to see what I used! There will also be guest appearances at the end of the series, using some special vehicles.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  19. decrepitts#7027

A double-whammy on this one. First, a copyright claim on the intro music. I decided to not dispute it, though I'm in the right. Second, YT processing isn't overly kind to visuals. It is what it is:

20. decrepitts#7027

My fourth TS episode dedicated to Western Branch Lines, Steam Workshop route. It's a short run, quite scenic.

21. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Well-Known Member

REAL DRIVE Bremerhaven - Bremen.

REAL DRIVE scenarios are advanced Quick Drives where random generated AI trains in the path of the player train are used to generate random stop signals. Because of the randomnes factor these scenarios are different every time you drive them. Sometimes the possible permutations of red signals are in the millions.

22. tsonboard

tsonboard Member

23. tsonboard

tsonboard Member

Virtual District Line phase 3

24. decrepitts#7027

A Coal Delivery run on the Lenton-on-Sea Steam Workshop route, powered by a GWR/BR 4200 class steam loco:

25. mfeets

mfeets Well-Known Member

My one video of one of my scenarios(the end is the best part btw)

26. Cyclone

The BNSF "first returning item" poll closes, I think, today. Turns out Marias Pass is running away with it, no contest. And I'm uniquely positioned to give you a preview.

So here it is! Fresh from my hard drive and submitted quickly, I provide a tour of the route and the two introductory scenarios. Make sure to subscribe and stay tuned for more scenarios this week, as well as a Christmas treat I plan to work on shortly to publish in time for sitting in front of your TV watching from the computer with a cup of hot cocoa. You'll also find scenarios from Cajon Pass, London to Brighton, Riviera Line, and more.

But for now, the intro to Marias Pass, just released:

27. Cyclone

Several Marias Pass videos have now been published on my channel, but now we have some Workshop stuff. After planning to record a series of Christmas scenarios for my channel, I discovered the first of three parts led to an AI colliding with me. With the blessing of the scenario maker, not only have I revised the working of the scenario to allow for less likelihood of this, but I also posted it on the Workshop! Parts 2 and 3 will be coming in the next two days, but here's the first. Oh, I also fired that dispatcher. :cool:

The Workshop scenario is at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2689692986

Video below or directly on my Youtube channel.

28. Cyclone

And here is Part 2 in the series. One more post tomorrow for Part 3.

29. portu

portu New Member

30. decrepitts#7027

With my right hand/wrist out of its brace, and being finally over an illness that has afflicted me since mid-late December 2021, I recently resumed PC gaming. Here's documentation of the first TS2022 scenario I felt both up to 'filming' and creating a video from since mid-December 2021. It's a Milk Delivery in heavy winter snow on GNoSR, featuring Caledonia Works' CR812 steam loco. Full-screen viewers benefit from watching it at 1440p, even on 1080p monitors. The higher resolution better withstands YouTube processing artifacts, which can be annoying at times at 1080p. It's all that falling snow and white sky/landscape, I think:

(Those who can't see the embedded video above can find it via my YT channel via the link below)

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  31. Cyclone

Almost forgot this existed. Let's take an opportunity to visit the Voyager Advanced. I present three videos from the past two days; the first two are an introduction that takes place on the GWML (included with the Voyager pack) and the third is a scenario that clones "Back on the Rails" from the Class 220 pack, substituting the JT model to see how it gets along.

"Troublesome Voyager" and "Voyager of the Rails" will be following next week.

32. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member

Not a great video, or even a great route, but this is a video of a route I am creating.

33. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

I like how this thread was actually necrobumped 2 years later from 2019 to 2021

34. decrepitts#7027

Another low-tech TS episode from me. Only two text errors have been spotted thus far in the published copy, not bad for me. Sadly, one is fairly cringeworthy. (There are assuredly more yet to find.) Be that as it may, here it is, showcasing a freeware WaysideWorks Manning Wardle class K 0-6-0T, pulling DT Upwell Carriages on Epping-Ongar Heritage Railway:

Note: If, like me, you can no longer see embedded media in this thread, the episode can be found easily enough by clicking on my Channel-link below.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
  35. Pookeyhead

36. Pookeyhead

37. Pookeyhead

38. Pookeyhead

39. Pookeyhead

40. Pookeyhead

41. Pookeyhead

42. Pookeyhead

43. Pookeyhead

44. Pookeyhead

45. Pookeyhead

46. Pookeyhead

• Like Like x 1
  47. cscarpenter

cscarpenter Well-Known Member

From a TSW player who never contributes anything constructive to the TSC community.

48. JJTimothy

I didn't see any links for a while then they started popping up. I guess it's because there are so many on one page and perhaps (in my case anyway) not the fastest connection.

• Like Like x 3
  49. Pookeyhead

• Like Like x 1
  50. Pookeyhead