[mod Download] Tsw 2 - Unlocked Test Timetable From Dra

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Sep 20, 2021.

1. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

When DTG released last DRA route they left some mess there :) Looks like some new person was working on that route as DTG never include BP files named Actor_ inside the Map folder :) But bigger surprise was folder Timetable which include Default.uasset (some testing timetable). When i added that timetable to the game, it showed there like a TEST timetable which include another extra 19 services. More interesting part of that testing timetable is active airport branch where you can go or start from there. Of course they block the path with invisible wall and out of bounds trigger but you know that its easy to remove it :) So this mod include activated extra timetable and of course Invisible wall remover and Out of Bounds trigger... Enjoy :)

Download: http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2498

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So when Matt said that the branches were never removed because they were never planned in the first place, did he actually mean it? Or was it just to try and calm everyone down.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I can imagine some basic work may have been done on them. I can't test this mod myself, but I highly doubt much of it is modelled, I'd love for someone that can test it to perhaps share some details and screenshots, as they could help us guess the likelihood of the branch coming later, as with the Meißen branch. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'm too cynical sometimes; but I get the feel that they were later cut because they realised they weren't going to make it... the original plans were to release everything togheter anyway so surely a change of direction was taken at some point, and that might include BRD's branches

5. jolojonasgames

Well, they did originally plan to make it, but if most work had already been done on it, why cut it?

Now some basic, basic work might have been done, and might increase the chances of a post release addition, as the more work has been done, the less still needs to be done (and the more work wasted otherwise). But I have to try out the mod and see what trainsimcz actually means by "active airport branch where you can go or start from there".

6. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

By cutting them I don't mean they were developed and then deleted, but rather they were planning for them, maybe did some early work (track laying and getting trains to go there if I understood what this services are), and later had to change plans.

By how Matt said things went, he said they were never planned in the first place.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  7. jolojonasgames

Yeah, I definitely agree with your take on that.

Now I don't think Matt said they were never planned on, but I do think he stated the decision to not make them was made before any work was done on them. But perhaps he'll be so kind as to clarify this with a comment is this thread? :)

We'll see what happens :). Perhaps these findings mean there is a chance at seeing the Airport branch after all, I'll defintely keep an aye on the roadmap!

• Like Like x 2
  8. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

Just ran a service from the airport. Looks like a significant amount of work has already been completed.

Was a fun little section of track, so unfortunate that it was cut.

I wish DTG' would embrace a more flexible / agile approach to route and feature development. The "waterfall" fixed project / fixed timescale approach works for fixed scope games, but runs counter to the type of game / platform they have developed.

• Like Like x 10
  9. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I agree, also ran the trip from the airport into Dresden, its a nice approach over the bridges, an enjoyable trip and a nice area in general. I do hope we may possibly see it in the future with what looks like some work having already gone into the scenery, even if it was auto-generated.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I gave the airport branch a run. I mean, the OHLE and stations are missing, but otherwise it is in a decent state I would say. Tracks and signals are there, working and looking good, scenery looks like it only needs some minor works (in my completely uneducated opinion). I'm wondering if that could be a possibility to involve the community? There are so talented modders, if they were to create the needed assets, I would say it is not too far from being completed.

On a side note, so much about "we never got the time to get to it" - more like didn't have the time to wrap up the last couple bits :D

• Like Like x 6
  11. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I totally agree that modders can really make this run alive. We now have some sort of editor, I'm not too knowledgeable on the limitations, but I don't think it's entirely impossible. Looking forward to the future

• Like Like x 1
  12. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I did a service and I find that there was a good job done. There are cool passages and a signal that I had never seen on TSW (cancellation of signals, with the cross).
    Such a shame that this work could not be completed. I like this route and personally I would have even paid extra to have this branch.

• Like Like x 3
  13. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Gonna try this on Wedensday.

From what I have heard, a significant amount of work had been done.

14. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

The fact we now have a kind of editor that (unofficially) allows us to import models might allow modders to add this branch back and if the tool evolves, maybe we can get the GWE branch(es)

15. jolojonasgames

Looking at the state of the airport branch as described by other forum users, I feel like DTG continued to work on it after announcing the branches would be cut, as they claimed no work had been done on them at the moment of the cutting announcement.

Perhaps the Airport branch will come just like the Meißen branch after all, one can hope :). I'm definetely keeping an eye on the roadmap!

P.S. does anyone have screenshots from the airport branch?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I probably should have found this post before I was testing this airport branch using the OOB mod + joining services (See other thread)......driving them myself is much better :)

We definately got told at the time no work had been started on these branches just the scope had changed....but it's clear that isn't the case, the airport line is quite driveable but just needs some more development time (time which they ran out of when announcing a release window for RH).

I think there i a good chance DTG will return and finish this airport branch at some point....it would be a waste having it there and not completing it

• Like Like x 4
  17. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I don't remember that at all. They simply said that they would not be included, not that no work had been done on them (obviously a lot of work had).